General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Mar 06, 2018 15:41

Hi,

Where can one post suggestions?

Or are they not welcome?
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Mar 06, 2018 16:00

Are you kidding?

Of course they are welcome!

... they are just not considered :lol:
Tree - Animist Lvl 50 (RR 3L0, Legendary Tailor)
Aeomelia - Enchanter Lvl 50
Guild: SCHWERT & ROSE (provisional guild leader)

[HIB] Crafting Mat Wholesale
Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Mar 06, 2018 16:06

Tree wrote:... they are just not considered :lol:

Most things are considered but not implemented. 8)

Why not suggest it in this thread relvinian?
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Mar 06, 2018 16:37

This is a real question. Do we just post suggestions for the server here or is it better to make a locked thread to post suggestions in? A sub forum?
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Mar 06, 2018 18:15

We wont make a suggestion forum.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....

Galandriel4
Myrmidon

Postby Galandriel4 » Mar 06, 2018 18:55

grumpy old man viva is back

Ruffletuft
Myrmidon

Postby Ruffletuft » Mar 06, 2018 19:23

As far as the staff is concerned, the place for suggestions is the bin.

They'll joyfully tell you that it's being considered, but that typically takes the shape of either no reply at all, or a closing of the topic with a dismissive one-line-response.

It's quite reminiscent of Activision 'listening to the players' about the Destiny 2 marketplace. Except Uthgard doesn't cost us any money.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Mar 06, 2018 19:50

Ruffletuft wrote:As far as the staff is concerned, the place for suggestions is the bin.

They'll joyfully tell you that it's being considered, but that typically takes the shape of either no reply at all, or a closing of the topic with a dismissive one-line-response.

It's quite reminiscent of Activision 'listening to the players' about the Destiny 2 marketplace. Except Uthgard doesn't cost us any money.

I've said it before.

I will happily engage in suggestions and "theory crafting", however people need to get on the same page as us (the staff) if any of the suggestions are to hold any water. And by that I mean that our vision needs to be in consideration before you suggest something.

Schrummel
Myrmidon

Postby Schrummel » Mar 06, 2018 19:53

Im pretty sure that the staff considers helpfull suggestions to be implemented. But most of the time, the so called "suggestions" are:

Player: increase XP?
Staff: No.

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Mar 06, 2018 20:13

Trishin wrote:
Ruffletuft wrote:As far as the staff is concerned, the place for suggestions is the bin.

I've said it before.

I will happily engage in suggestions and "theory crafting", however people need to get on the same page as us (the staff) if any of the suggestions are to hold any water. And by that I mean that our vision needs to be in consideration before you suggest something.

Uthgard is over a year back running and by now there are thousands of individual ideas and posts with all kinds of quality and elaborateness, some overly creative, others fitting quite well with the classic experience.

All you did in terms of individual (read non-1.65) changes were things to increase XPer and crafter ganking in the frontier, a half-assed keep raid bonus, that rewards exclusiveness and small well organized groups (where the community asked for RvR incentives and task for casual players) and some funky group XP overcap bonus thingy (that most of your community doesnt even understand let alone benefit from, again not asked for)

I mean sure, you implemented some individual changes, but those were ideas you had internally and probably liked while discussing among yourselves, they had nothing to do with anything the community asked for and particularly didnt address any issues the community has.
From the thousands of things the community brought up, nothing ever happened.

Its just a fact and it wont hurt to just acknowledge that and go from there.

Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Mar 06, 2018 20:17

Tree wrote:
Trishin wrote:

I've said it before.

Uthgard is over a year back running and by now there are thousands of individual ideas and posts with all kinds of quality and elaborateness, some overly creative, others fitting quite well with the classic experience.

All you did in terms of individual (read non-1.65) changes were things to increase XPer and crafter ganking in the frontier, a half-assed keep raid bonus, that rewards exclusiveness and small well organized groups (where the community asked for RvR incentives and task for casual players) and some funky group XP overcap bonus thingy (that most of your community doesnt even understand let alone benefit from, again not asked for)

I mean sure, you implemented some individual changes, but those were ideas you had internally and probably liked while discussing among yourselves, they had nothing to do with anything the community asked for and particularly didnt address any issues the community has.
From the thousands of things the community brought up, nothing ever happened.

Its just a fact and it wont hurt to just acknowledge that and go from there.

Please let me know what it would take for you to recognize that we considered a suggestion?

GreenP
Phoenix Knight

Postby GreenP » Mar 06, 2018 20:26

Could start with voting something on the bugtracker once in a while...

https://www2.uthgard.net/tracker/issue/ ... l_3_realms

This got zero votes during dec 2016 to today 2018. dafuq?

Do i fail to see this would be somewhat helpful for people to generate inc in smallgrps and even get some nice gold if not 20 people join the "event"... #NApeople
Formerly known as
Touareg- RR10 noobVW on Uth1.
Crossfire- RR7 noobAnimist on Uth1.
Ohnoes- RR9 noobAnimist on Lolgins.

Click this LINK if you want to see the truth about Hibernia

Ruffletuft
Myrmidon

Postby Ruffletuft » Mar 06, 2018 20:28

Trishin wrote:Please let me know what it would take for you to recognize that we considered a suggestion?

I can't speak for Tree, but for me that question has a very simple answer.

A reply.
As a bonus, add in a tiny dash of humility and say 'Oh I missed that, can you repeat/elaborate?' instead of going WE SEE ALL AND WE HATH DEEMED THY SUGGESTION UNWORTHY OF COMMENT.

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Mar 06, 2018 21:13

Alright, I take the bait.

Over a year has gone by, literally thousand of ideas came up from the community. Yet not a single one was implemented. Instead you had time to implement some funky custom changes nobody in the community had asked for and that are not more or less in line with 1.65 than anything else.

So yeah, to me this whole suggestion thingie seems like a deliberate waste of time.

And you actually ask what it would take? :lol:

Roamer05
Warder

Postby Roamer05 » Mar 06, 2018 21:19

Tree wrote:Alright, I take the bait.

Over a year has gone by, literally thousand of ideas came up from the community. Yet not a single one was implemented. Instead you had time to implement some funky custom changes nobody in the community had asked for and that are not more or less in line with 1.65 than anything else.

So yeah, to me this whole suggestion thingie seems like a deliberate waste of time.

And you actually ask what it would take? :lol:

Weren’t in game maps suggested and then implemented?

Next

Return to General Topics