Derida's UI Mod v1.1-uth - UPDATE: 26.04.2017

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
mariad
Warder

Postby mariad » Jun 07, 2017 12:57

Devastated wrote:Hi guys, just wondering what version of Daocd you use? i recall the 1.80 version used to cause issue with the chat windows etc so wondering if there is anything i need to be aware of when playing with UI's for uthgaurd's 1.65 ....

Glad you mentioned it here. Looking for an answer too.

derida
Myrmidon

Postby derida » Jun 07, 2017 13:27

mariad wrote:
Devastated wrote:Hi guys, just wondering what version of Daocd you use? i recall the 1.80 version used to cause issue with the chat windows etc so wondering if there is anything i need to be aware of when playing with UI's for uthgaurd's 1.65 ....

not sure what issues you talking about
www.derida.net

StriKe_jk
Warder

Postby StriKe_jk » Jun 09, 2017 13:30

Hey Derida, I saw that the Dodens Gruva map is missing, any chance we get that in a future update?

derida
Myrmidon

Postby derida » Jun 09, 2017 14:43

StriKe_jk wrote:Hey Derida, I saw that the Dodens Gruva map is missing, any chance we get that in a future update?

maybe, not sure yet, lots of work.
www.derida.net

Stormbringer
Warder

Postby Stormbringer » Jun 14, 2017 12:15

Hi Derida,

Very nice work and nice to read you - I always preferred your ui!!

Some suggestions/whishes from me:

- could you please release your UI in german again?
- could you please add in the group window style 3 (nostalgia) a column for the classes?
- could you pls add "quit" in your command windows?
- could you pls add the classic/plane frames (like your command window frames) for the summary styles 1 (and maybe for the info, merchant, siege and interface window, too)?

derida
Myrmidon

Postby derida » Jun 15, 2017 10:36

Stormbringer wrote:Hi Derida,

Very nice work and nice to read you - I always preferred your ui!!

Some suggestions/whishes from me:

1) could you please release your UI in german again?
2) could you please add in the group window style 3 (nostalgia) a column for the classes?
3) could you pls add "quit" in your command windows?
4) could you pls add the classic/plane frames (like your command window frames) for the summary styles 1 (and maybe for the info, merchant, siege and interface window, too)?

1) no sorry.
2) will maybe add it in a future version
3) enable ESC-menu in launcher settings :)
- anyway, you might be able to change the buttons with a little tool in future versions. For now, you could ofc just use the UI-Editor or a Texteditor and change buttons to your likings with ease.
4) hm, naa. Change it to your likings with the UI-Editor, its just 3 clicks or something :)
www.derida.net

Devastated
Warder

Postby Devastated » Jun 18, 2017 10:46

derida wrote:
mariad wrote:

not sure what issues you talking about

well not sure when, but back in the day they changed how the chat window worked and caused alot of ui's to stop working as a result, there was a version of daoced that did not count for this and thus if you saved a ui having modded any window, it would break the ui with the only fix being to copy an xml file to the folder.

i have downloaded a version of daoced 1.75 and i tried 1.80 for the ui i have and get lots of missing node class element errors.

having changed the position of say a mana text box location in target menu and saving it has resulted in breaking the ui. (luckily i had back up)

hence i wonder what Daoced you are using, and do i need to worry about these error messages about missing list box headers etc.

derida
Myrmidon

Postby derida » Jun 18, 2017 14:40

slighty modded 1.80 version, but normal 1.80 should be fine.

try another java-version, 6 or 7, cant remember
www.derida.net

StriKe_jk
Warder

Postby StriKe_jk » Jun 19, 2017 00:25

i have downloaded a version of daoced 1.75 and i tried 1.80 for the ui i have and get lots of missing node class element errors.

having changed the position of say a mana text box location in target menu and saving it has resulted in breaking the ui. (luckily i had back up)

hence i wonder what Daoced you are using, and do i need to worry about these error messages about missing list box headers etc.

I had the same errors and I managed to get it to work with the latest 32 java version available and (very important) 1.80 (not 1.75!) of daoced.

Devastated
Warder

Postby Devastated » Jun 19, 2017 10:54

derida wrote:slighty modded 1.80 version, but normal 1.80 should be fine.

try another java-version, 6 or 7, cant remember

StriKe_jk wrote:
I had the same errors and I managed to get it to work with the latest 32 java version available and (very important) 1.80 (not 1.75!) of daoced.

yeh tried with 1.75 daoced and saved a change to summary window, daoc wont load past char screen, just crashes,

found a modded version 1.79 which is called 1.8 i.e splash screen says 1.79 with a red line through it. and same thing happend... i have most updated java as well.. so you think i might need to roll back my java version?

Devastated
Warder

Postby Devastated » Jun 19, 2017 11:11

Just found another copy of daoced on an old postcount.net site moddified by kieferhub. although it claims to be same 1.79 with line through it for a 1.8 version.

http://tool.excidio.net/download/daoced.zip for any that want it.

This one works! i had no errors loading my custom folder, and when i moved an element of a window and saved it, it did not crash my game client and element had indeed moved!.

im a happy bunny now... just hope there is no issues im not aware of going forward....

now i just want a nice map pack with mob names and grid on :)

StriKe_jk
Warder

Postby StriKe_jk » Jun 19, 2017 13:34

Devastated wrote:Just found another copy of daoced on an old postcount.net site moddified by kieferhub. although it claims to be same 1.79 with line through it for a 1.8 version.

That is the 1.80 ;)

Devastated wrote:now i just want a nice map pack with mob names and grid on :)

You can enable a grid by leftclicking on the map in Deridas

Devastated
Warder

Postby Devastated » Jun 20, 2017 13:54

StriKe_jk wrote:
Devastated wrote:Just found another copy of daoced on an old postcount.net site moddified by kieferhub. although it claims to be same 1.79 with line through it for a 1.8 version.

That is the 1.80 ;)

yeh i know now:) i had DL'd a few different files all claiming the same version but none worked except this one.

Devastated wrote:now i just want a nice map pack with mob names and grid on :)

You can enable a grid by leftclicking on the map in Deridas

Thanks...

Atum
Myrmidon

Postby Atum » Jun 26, 2017 12:24

Hello,

1) are there any Healer's Helper boxes included?

2) is the new icon set included (can i install it and does the installation of it works/confirmed)?

thanks in advance!
Atum / Talmar

Bellum Potentiae / Genesis / Bonzenverein / Morrigans Breath

DAoC
Log/Alb, Dm/Hib, Salis/Alb, Uth/Hib

WoW
Gorgonnash/Horde

derida
Myrmidon

Postby derida » Jun 26, 2017 12:46

Atum wrote:Hello,

1) are there any Healer's Helper boxes included?

2) is the new icon set included (can i install it and does the installation of it works/confirmed)?

thanks in advance!

1) yes ofc, see my first post

2) no, not included, but should work
www.derida.net

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics