Map Enhancements

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Orito
Myrmidon

Postby Orito » Feb 26, 2017 15:51

Budikah wrote:Will you guys take the map discussion to another post rather than debate it in a thread where somebody put in work to make some maps?

Quick question for the OP - what files do I need for what?

Do I download all of them? Is the Valmerwolf's a package with everything in it? Just not sure about the content of each if I need to just DL/dump them all in, or if one has everything in it.

Well, that depends on what you want.
Valmerwolf's 512x512 Map Pack is in most custom UI's. If you're not sure though, I recommend downloading it anyway.
Orito's 512x512 Old Frontiers Map Pack will get you going with my stuff. (I combined into a quick-start based off your post.)

rza11 wrote:I was browsing around old Camelot related sites on the way back machine the other day and came across these maps:

http://web.archive.org/web/200310082037 ... bmap.shtml

http://web.archive.org/web/200312042336 ... links.html (alot of broken image links)

http://web.archive.org/web/200310041701 ... /kirstena/

Not sure if any to help to anyone but posted anyway. Tried finding some nice OF dungeon maps (hall of corrupt etc, but it seems my google fu is not strong enough.

Good finds, thanks!
"No legacy is so rich as honesty." - William Shakespeare
Retired Assistant Developer <Phaze> of [New] Instant 50
[OF 512x512 Updated Map Pack] [UthHerald Discord Bot]

Orito <Sword of the Dragon>, Bard

Desarix
Warder

Postby Desarix » Feb 28, 2017 12:10

If I do not have a custom ui do I place this in my UI directory and replace the map folder there .

This is okay to use right was afraid of using anything they might ban me for.

Orito
Myrmidon

Postby Orito » Feb 28, 2017 17:52

Desarix wrote:If I do not have a custom ui do I place this in my UI directory and replace the map folder there .

This is okay to use right was afraid of using anything they might ban me for.

Yes, just overwrite the maps folder with these files. As for the rules, they're allowed. No different from any custom UI map pack.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
"No legacy is so rich as honesty." - William Shakespeare
Retired Assistant Developer <Phaze> of [New] Instant 50
[OF 512x512 Updated Map Pack] [UthHerald Discord Bot]

Orito <Sword of the Dragon>, Bard

Devastated
Warder

Postby Devastated » Oct 15, 2017 11:29

So am i write in saying unless Devs impliment your modified zones.mpk any change to maps will just be over written re-patched to their defaults?

only asking because i want to use a more detailed Z160 map and it just over writes to original everytime... of course i could make a simple custom window but thats too easy.... M for teh win....

Bunjip
Myrmidon

Postby Bunjip » Oct 17, 2017 10:10

i am actually using bob'sui but there are no fz dungeon maps and/or bg maps. is it possible to place them in there too?

majky666
Phoenix Knight

Postby majky666 » Oct 17, 2017 11:07

Bunjip wrote:i am actually using bob'sui but there are no fz dungeon maps and/or bg maps. is it possible to place them in there too?

I use Bobs UI too, and will be very appreciated, if rvr dung and Bgs map will be added. Pretty plz :)

MT-Pear
Phoenix Knight

Postby MT-Pear » Oct 18, 2017 00:43

Could it be possible to create the frontier maps in 64x64? would be nice :)

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Dec 17, 2017 17:13

Did anyone has or had this problem?
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=45583

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Dec 17, 2017 17:30

CowwoC wrote:Did anyone has or had this problem?

Looks like the patcher was not able to replace said file and therefore stopped.
Please make sure that those files are not "read only" or being accessed by another application at the time the patcher runs.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Dec 18, 2017 17:17

Genjiro wrote:
CowwoC wrote:Did anyone has or had this problem?

Looks like the patcher was not able to replace said file and therefore stopped.
Please make sure that those files are not "read only" or being accessed by another application at the time the patcher runs.

Well i mentioned that in the thread i linked:
I guess it is connected to Map Enhancements because i made those FZ maps read-only because otherwise everytime i have to change them, coz the patcher overwrites with the small original maps again. Is there a solution for that?

So i still need a solution for it, or do i really have to reinstall those maps everytime after i startet the patcher? Why wants the patcher to patch those maps anyway, if i have already those from the Map Enhancements?

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Dec 18, 2017 18:27

CowwoC wrote:So i still need a solution for it, or do i really have to reinstall those maps everytime after i startet the patcher? Why wants the patcher to patch those maps anyway, if i have already those from the Map Enhancements?

These and other files are managed by the patcher and will therefore be updated as part of the Uthgard Client.
I suggest moving any UI customizations to your "ui/custom" folder.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Dec 18, 2017 19:26

Genjiro wrote:
CowwoC wrote:So i still need a solution for it, or do i really have to reinstall those maps everytime after i startet the patcher? Why wants the patcher to patch those maps anyway, if i have already those from the Map Enhancements?

These and other files are managed by the patcher and will therefore be updated as part of the Uthgard Client.
I suggest moving any UI customizations to your "ui/custom" folder.

I did, there is no other way than putting them into the daoc folder anyway and the patcher still wants to overwrite them.

gatovaca
Myrmidon

Postby gatovaca » May 24, 2022 01:19

Orito wrote:Hey all,

I'm making this post for a couple of reasons...
    I was asked in IRC how to get 512x512 Valmerwolf maps in custom UIs that aren't Bob'sUI.
    While setting up Valmerwolf, they indicated they were using GhostUI, so I wanted to fix the map window.
    After I was done, I figured I would try my hand at making 512x512 for Old Frontiers as I didn't think any existed.

Hi, could you please reupload the map-pack? Links are broken.
Thx for your work.

englandthii
Guardian

Postby englandthii » Dec 20, 2022 15:47

do these map packs also include maps from dungeons in OF (stonehenge etc.)?
[url="https://get-vidmateapp.com/home/"]vidmate.app[/url] [url="https://get-mobdroapk.com"]stream videos[/url]

Previous

Return to General Topics