Armor (reactive) proc on shield

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Mad Mike
Warder

Postby Mad Mike » Jan 10, 2017 17:17

I remember armor procs on shield going off when you block until they changed it sometime after ToA. Will they work on this server?
One further question, just out of curiosity,... Will armor procs work on weapon? (When you parry)
I've tested this on live once after block proccing was nerfed. It didn't work of course, but I like testing things.

pinhead65
Myrmidon

Postby pinhead65 » Jan 11, 2017 14:55

Reactives are trigger upon "hit", parry is not considerd "hit" (you didn't get hit:). Yeah, sure physics is the same, but not z function :).
Pinritch - Blood Feud <Eldritch 50>

Mad Mike
Warder

Postby Mad Mike » Jan 11, 2017 17:02

Ah I see, thanks for the reply.
Block procs though?

Anomie
Myrmidon

Postby Anomie » May 20, 2020 22:15

Yes, blocking with a shield gives a chance to proc the reactive 'armor' proc it's imbued with. I use this on all my shield toons except my Champion who uses the shield offensively a lot. It's especially fun on Bards, so i can't wait to try it on my full support Friar.

I was sad to see the news that parrying doesn't count as a hit, and thus doesn't proc reactives imbued on weapons. I was about to test it and now won't bother. The idea of a Friar or VW with a reactive proc on parry would be so fun in PvE, and might be useable in some RvR situations too. Now i can scuttle that dreamboat. (Why better than offensive proc? If you're getting swung at way more than you swing, and parrying more often than you land hits, then defensive proc starts to look more attractive. I farm a lot of green, blue, yellow mobs for the bestiary, so it would have been a niche use case if it worked this way.)
[img]https://uthsig.000webhostapp.com/uthsig.php?myceliumrunning+animists+bawd+rearranger+cowarden+vitamix[/img]

Return to General Topics