Uthgard 2.0 Auto-bestiary (See last post for update)

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
madskaizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jan 06, 2017 21:27

silenced wrote:
Zetetic wrote:
madskaizer wrote:All text from any chat (say/broad/group/guild/alliance/any chat) is deleted as the first thing and will never be saved in the database.

I would like some guarantee of this.

Othewise, a nice idea. If you are doing as you say (and not creating a database of information on players from all realms), then I applaud your efforts.

You can always delete all chat lines manually before submitting.

That is a great idea, you can delete all lines with @@ in them, there should properly be a program online to do such a user defined task.
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 48 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 49 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

madskaizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jan 08, 2017 00:28

I weeded out a few minor bugs and rewrote the submit page to make more sense: http://disorder.dk/daoc/bestiary/submit.php
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 48 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 49 Berzerker

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Jan 08, 2017 22:36

If its planned like http://www.mindkayak.com/bestiary/ please ensure that people can search for items and monster, without knowing any name. For example i search for an clothed torso item in a specific level or a monster in a specific level range, this would be realy helpuf. The "at least 3 letter rule" to search something is just stupid.

@Mods: Please pin this thread.

madskaizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jan 09, 2017 00:03

CowwoC wrote:If its planned like http://www.mindkayak.com/bestiary/ please ensure that people can search for items and monster, without knowing any name. For example i search for an clothed torso item in a specific level or a monster in a specific level range, this would be realy helpuf. The "at least 3 letter rule" to search something is just stupid.

@Mods: Please pin this thread.

I think I know what you mean, but could I please get you to describe the search function you want in every detail possible, this would help a lot in writing the code, which is the next sprint.

What I can save from chatlogs are armor type, if its a weapon/shield, level and stats. Everything else would require manual entry of data. There are properly many more single item specifics that I can pull out, once I see them, I am also learning as I go here :)

Kenose
Warder

Postby Kenose » Jan 09, 2017 04:28

Very cool and awesome. Thanks for this!

madskaizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jan 10, 2017 09:51

I have rewritten the indexing code so that only zones with data are shown, made crossreferencing for monster/items and zones and have received the first 3 logs from other players.

I will continue to work on item type / level detection and refine this, before I put any serious work into a search function, there need to be something to sort after in the first place :)

New zones: http://disorder.dk/daoc/bestiary/zone.php?load=7 , http://disorder.dk/daoc/bestiary/zone.php?load=8 and the first in Albion http://disorder.dk/daoc/bestiary/zone.php?load=5

Crossreference for items and zones can be seen in the monster/item subpages: http://disorder.dk/daoc/bestiary/monster.php?load=8

borog
Phoenix Knight

Postby borog » Jan 10, 2017 15:07

some feedback if i may?

When you delve a monster, you show the droprate as a whole number, when it could be fractions of a percentage. Can you add trailiing zeroes?

for example; you show Parthanan was killed 168 times and dropped a rusted scythe once for a total droprate of 0%, when it should be 0.005%; similar for Primordial Magic Staff, dropped twice off 168 mobs, but you show 1% when it should be 0.011%

Also, still on Parthanan mobs, you have "Zone where monster can be found" Lough Gur 168 and Connacht 32, this doesn't match the total mobs killed of 168.

What does the dealiness signify? a mob that was killed once and didnt kill any players has a deadliness of 1000.

Also is it safe to presume that you cant capture the mob loc from the logs, so you can submit them onto the map you show?

This page: http://disorder.dk/daoc/bestiary/monster.php?load=105 shows veil wisp; total killed 10 and that it has Bag of Coins, dropped 26 times. If you click on Bag of Coins it shows that they have been dropped 13 times from veil wisps with a drop rate of 0%.

Good work though!

Ok now click the zone (Valley of Bri Leith) and look for veil wisp total kills,

madskaizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jan 11, 2017 09:36

borog wrote:some feedback if i may?

When you delve a monster, you show the droprate as a whole number, when it could be fractions of a percentage. Can you add trailiing zeroes?

for example; you show Parthanan was killed 168 times and dropped a rusted scythe once for a total droprate of 0%, when it should be 0.005%; similar for Primordial Magic Staff, dropped twice off 168 mobs, but you show 1% when it should be 0.011%

Also, still on Parthanan mobs, you have "Zone where monster can be found" Lough Gur 168 and Connacht 32, this doesn't match the total mobs killed of 168.

What does the dealiness signify? a mob that was killed once and didnt kill any players has a deadliness of 1000.

Also is it safe to presume that you cant capture the mob loc from the logs, so you can submit them onto the map you show?

This page: http://disorder.dk/daoc/bestiary/monster.php?load=105 shows veil wisp; total killed 10 and that it has Bag of Coins, dropped 26 times. If you click on Bag of Coins it shows that they have been dropped 13 times from veil wisps with a drop rate of 0%.

Good work though!

Ok now click the zone (Valley of Bri Leith) and look for veil wisp total kills,

Hi Borog

Thank you for the feeddback :)

I added 2 decimals to droprates on the monster page and where it will also be relevant with such detail.

When viewing a monster, it was only showing the data from the zone you was initially looking at, instead of a summation of all zones, I do assume that there is only one unique monster, used in more zones, but all with the same drop table, please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Deadliness is just a ratio of monsters killed vs players killed by monster times 1000, I really just wanted some kind of value to use for a mythic con system overview in the future, to rate each monster with either grey, green, blue, yellow, orange, red or purple.

/loc information does not get written into the chat.log, which is a shame, that would have made it possible to map out monsters real easy, so far I do not have a easy solution.

The double or triple drop rates are a result of some SQL errors I made, it is only a matter of wrong queries, not wrong data in the database. I just need to rewrite some SQL statements so that the SUM() function does not get multiplied by matching columns in the joined databases.

Frigzy
Myrmidon

Postby Frigzy » Jan 11, 2017 12:36

Great work Mads! Hoping to contribute more in the coming days-weeks-months.

I know most of you just want to level, but it's not hard to do /chatlog and then send those files in. This could be an amazing resource if we all do our part! :hammer:
<Vanquish>

Pao
Gryphon Knight

Postby Pao » Jan 11, 2017 13:09

Is there a way to show the mobs on the map? That would be great for questing.
Hope GMs are fine with what they have stated, that they are fine with just 80 people (300ppl was Trishin Statement long time ago) playing the game under their vision.
Its important to leave this server running doesn't matter how low the numbers will be. The other servers can fail but Uthgard still will be there, thats Uthgards only chance.

Edit 19/09/21: Well Uthgards chance has come.

madskaizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jan 12, 2017 16:47

monster page is now updated with correct summation of drop rates, the small indifferences like 100,48% drop rate on bag of coins has to do with difficulties in people fighting near eachother, without being group, the chat will still list kill and loot messages for others kills, but without a exp message (for good reasons).

Another issue is people logging that is too far away from the monster so that only exp messages are shown in the chat, but not kill and loot messages.

Summation still needs to be rewritten for the item page so that drop numbers from mob are correct and drop rate is also written.

I am still working on item type filtering, this might have to be run as scripts on the database and not the logfiles itself, to apply rules from arrays of different words that are used in f.ex. some jewelry (necklace/pendant or bracer/bracelet)

I have also been looking into marking location on the maps, it will have to be done by hand and for that I might open a single page for everyone to enter location data on monsters from a dropdown list. I am not sure of a better way of doing it than this.
Drawing the data onto the existing maps is not a issue in itself.

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Jan 12, 2017 17:11

I will participate
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

madskaizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jan 17, 2017 00:33

The "Search by name or keyword" search function is now working on a basic level.: http://disorder.dk/daoc/bestiary/search.php

You have to select a realm, search for monster or item, it is optional to search for a specific item slot and the search string has to be at-least 1 character, this might get changed to 3 as the database grows bigger. You can try to search for necklace, pendant, vest or gloves. Just to give a few examples.

Please leave a reply with feedback on the search function :)

I am hoping to receive many more chat.log files, especially from Midgard where I have not yet gotten any from.

cutcha
Warder

Postby cutcha » Jan 18, 2017 14:46

please spread this thread guys. The bestiary needs mor data!

Flibberdee
Myrmidon

Postby Flibberdee » Jan 18, 2017 18:21

This is a great idea. I shall start doing this for Midgard, since there are seemingly no submissions from there yet. I just wish we could redo the maps from http://capnbry.net/daoc/ as they are old and somewhat inaccurate, for Midgard at least, or incomplete.

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics