Dex Break Points

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
dlovcik
Warder

Postby dlovcik » Dec 30, 2016 02:45

I'm just wondering if the coding for dexterity is similar on uthgard as it is on live. I read in a post that 6 dex ROUGHLY is 1% casting speed. I haven't seen any calculations, so I'm wondering if I could approximate this based on live numbers.

dlovcik
Warder

Postby dlovcik » Dec 30, 2016 03:08

I'm just making a guess but if you have 290 dex and this is with 60 base dex and 72 dex/quick, 75 from items, and 65 starter and 18 from Aug Dex 3 with no mastery of the arcane. Mastery of the Art 5 for 15%.

I think for 2.8 casting speed that 15% from Mastery of the Art and 290 dex would hit a dex break but I'm not sure. That is if 6 dex roughly equals 1% casting speed or 5% X 6 for 30 dex. Poscount says 320 at 10% for 2.8 speed. I'm not sure if this is accurate

Love me Babby
Myrmidon

Postby Love me Babby » Dec 30, 2016 04:13

this is quite interesting. Would love to know if the uthgard code is still similar enough to the original daoc code for this to still be applicable.

http://www.postcount.net/forum/showthre ... eak-points

Cirdan
Eagle Knight

Postby Cirdan » Dec 30, 2016 04:20

Regarding "breakpoints" I am going to link a discussion about dex and breakpoints from 2013: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=29802&hilit=breakpoint&start=15

Blue wrote:Rounding errors for cast speed do not exist on Uth.

Blue wrote:
Methusalem wrote:this means : every dexpoint counts ? for castspeed without any cap ?

Yes thats the fact. Every point counts.

Blue wrote:
Jezzmin wrote:counts the same way? without breaking points?

if so: is that a bug? i mean it isn't live like and usually that's considered a bug here, no matter if it was rounding errors on live or not :)

Don't try it. We don't implement the (int)-cast bug from live in this regard.

Blue wrote:Rounding bugs which result from internal integer precision are not taken over. This is an implementation detail that C++ devs made in the old days to save some cpu cycles. It was not an intended game design aspect.

This is still how it currently is and also will be in the future.

TLDR: No breakpoints here.

Sniggz
Myrmidon

Postby Sniggz » Dec 30, 2016 04:26

18 points into dex at creation here I come!

Return to General Topics