Amolin's Unofficial Uthgard SI UI BETA v1.0

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Infinitesimaltron
Warder

Postby Infinitesimaltron » Jan 30, 2017 04:18

Don't get me wrong Amolin, I like the idea of this UI and I respect your ability and want to provide it to the community. That being said, the way you have dealt with people in this thread with concerns about your UI makes me worry. I also tried to download it and got the warning and I was going to ask what the cause of this might be. Instead I decided to scan through all of this thread to see if the question had been asked and it was but your response was less than reassuring. In fact, I got the impression from your post that it wasn't safe to download. With you having stepped away from Uthgard and this project and the comments that have been made in this thread my worry is you were deliberately attaching malicious software to your download for some fun. This again is just my assumption and it only came about because of the way you dealt with people. To top it off, the way you've responded to me is extremely immature and I don't feel it was called for. With your response you've reinforced my opinion of your character and I am sure others who have the same concern.

Sillyfish
Gryphon Knight

Postby Sillyfish » Jan 31, 2017 05:19

While not being arrogant enough to think he made it just for me, I can promise you I was one of the biggest advocates for this UI to be made and have been conversing with Amolin in private since it's inception.

While I'm not going to get into your personal feelings towards him, I find it very laughable that you think someone has attached malicious files to a free UI. It's probably just something to do with whatever download site is being used.

I have a copy of the UI I can upload to Mega when I get home from work if I remember. I fully support the classic experience and the UI is a very big part of that.

Jubileet
Warder

Postby Jubileet » Feb 01, 2017 21:23

Sillyfish wrote:While not being arrogant enough to think he made it just for me, I can promise you I was one of the biggest advocates for this UI to be made and have been conversing with Amolin in private since it's inception.

While I'm not going to get into your personal feelings towards him, I find it very laughable that you think someone has attached malicious files to a free UI. It's probably just something to do with whatever download site is being used.

I have a copy of the UI I can upload to Mega when I get home from work if I remember. I fully support the classic experience and the UI is a very big part of that.

Actually malware has been targeting the gaming community at an increasing amount over the past few years. Just look at the nexus mods hack, malicious files were embedded in the mods of authors unbeknownst to them. The community downloaded them and became infected. I'd be cautious when downloading unknown files from the web, especially if the site looks suspicious and your PC warns you about it. Or if you live on the risky side, go ahead, download, extract, run, w/e just know that most malware tries remain undetected, its not going to tell you when its taking your data.

Oh and, yeah and to the comment about finding malicious files in a free ui - you typically don't have to pay for malware - its usually free. :)

Keendalb
Warder

Postby Keendalb » Feb 02, 2017 19:25

Using it. Working fine. Excellent UI.

Mythrandia
Warder

Postby Mythrandia » Mar 18, 2017 23:44

Looks really good, the classic view beings back some memories.

Amolin
Gryphon Knight

Postby Amolin » May 04, 2017 19:14

Keendalb wrote:Using it. Working fine. Excellent UI.

Just don't go into DF lmao I'm finally coming back furrealz this time! So I will be around to finish this little project just don't expect all the fixes overnight, this is more of a prototype as it sits right now, Derida's packs have kinda lit a fire under my butt ;)
Realm: Albion
Class: Armsman

Amolin
Gryphon Knight

Postby Amolin » Oct 27, 2017 15:06

I've come here to apologize for the long wait and have to tell you all the wait will have to be much longer, in July my computer experienced an entire system failure from one hell of an electrical surge, I had to rebuild all of my equipment back up, this also included the hard drive where all my files were stored, i have not been able to get a replacement PCB board and attempt to recover them, so the new version will have to probably be rebuilt from the ground up while i get re-situated here at Uthgard. Besides I'm sure you all have been well taken care of with Derida's work ;)
Realm: Albion
Class: Armsman

Shawk
Guardian

Postby Shawk » Apr 22, 2020 02:22

Any link to DL for this? Original link seems dead.

Thanks

Previous

Return to General Topics