Not casual friendly and population will tank.

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
VadosRockt
Gryphon Knight

Postby VadosRockt » Jul 02, 2016 13:40

Thanks god im so pro that I don't need a map for emain. And for the rest i will send Cait, Sonitsch or Greenpeace :lol:
Möge die Macht mit dir
sein, Harry Potter.

- Gandalf der Graue
    (Die Tribute von Panem)

Vados ist ein einfach planbares Druidensystem mit einem einheitlichen Design und einer Vielzahl an modularen Lösungen für die individuelle, flexible und effiziente Strukturierung von RvR-Situationen.

Morrigans Breath macht glücklich

Rynthion
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rynthion » Jul 02, 2016 15:48

1) They are adding a /Map
2) BG's suck. They drain the life out of Frontier population and frankly I'd be fine if they removed them entirely.
3) How hard is it to look at your own level and do a /who +/-3 level? I mean really. I've personally mades dozens of groups doing nothing but /who followed by invite spam. (Oh Look I'm level 35. /who 32 38 /invite billybob /invite sallyjoe /invite beavis /invite buthead /invite cmorebuttz /invite icweiner.) Oh look I have a group.
4) I ain't reading through 3 pages of posts so I don't really know (or care) the direction this conversation had headed.
5) /as Annoys the crap out of me because it literally makes joining a guild a penalty therefore more than half the server doesn't want to join one. Remove /as or add a global or region chat. I don't really care which.

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Jul 02, 2016 16:31

Ever meet a new woman and you guys date and you learn all the stuff she likes and her favorite color and so on? At some point if you break up you still know some of that stuff but it means NOTHING. I used to call it name of ex 101, like algebra 101.

When people complain they still care but when they stop complaining they are just like when they break up with their ex. No longer matters.

Like when you ****** or complain about a job, after you don't work there anymore none of that stuff matters.

So if people are going along but inwardly are complaining at some point the work to fun factor will get too high and they will stop complaining and leave.

The xp is super super slow for solos after 35 or 40. There is no map. There is no fun bg because of no bind. There is no /lfg chat.

Those things in and of themselves won't stop some but eventually there will fewer players and fewer and fewer. The funny thing is that i could sit down and suggest 10 things and if they were implemented the server would not have this death spiral.

But I'm the dumb one? I'm full of ******? I'm crazy? No, crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. My only insanity is to continue to try and discuss things with people who do not listen to or care about what I say.

Maybe I just like DAOC.

Here it is:

1. Faster xp for solo.
2. Map, who would have thought i would even have to write this.
3. Bind in bg
4. LFG chat, again who would think I would even have to write this?
5. NO RPS for GREYS.
6. RPs while dead.
7. Faster ports and horses etc for getting to rvr faster.
8. respec at 5, maybe some class items until 25 to help level.
9. Group pom, group damage add, etc.
10. Events that don't give bonus rps but are rolepaying or story events.

Now compare and contrast the population of this server after 2 years with the suggestions I put in. Without it, only hardcore players and stubborn casuals. With these suggestions in? A dynamic and full server.

I have told you. As the joke goes what do you tell the woman with 2 black eyes? Nothing, you already told her twice. Well uthgard 1 and Genesis were both black eyes and you were both told and I'm telling you again.

By the way, you cannot control others, only yourself. I can't force the devs to change but I can be right. There is some satisfaction from being right.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

Lorm
Myrmidon

Postby Lorm » Jul 02, 2016 16:58

relvinian wrote:Ever meet a new woman and you guys date and you learn all the stuff she likes and her favorite color and so on? At some point if you break up you still know some of that stuff but it means NOTHING. I used to call it name of ex 101, like algebra 101.

When people complain they still care but when they stop complaining they are just like when they break up with their ex. No longer matters.

Like when you ****** or complain about a job, after you don't work there anymore none of that stuff matters.

So if people are going along but inwardly are complaining at some point the work to fun factor will get too high and they will stop complaining and leave.

The xp is super super slow for solos after 35 or 40. There is no map. There is no fun bg because of no bind. There is no /lfg chat.

Those things in and of themselves won't stop some but eventually there will fewer players and fewer and fewer. The funny thing is that i could sit down and suggest 10 things and if they were implemented the server would not have this death spiral.

But I'm the dumb one? I'm full of ******? I'm crazy? No, crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. My only insanity is to continue to try and discuss things with people who do not listen to or care about what I say.

Maybe I just like DAOC.

Here it is:

1. Faster xp for solo.
3. Bind in bg
5. NO RPS for GREYS.
6. RPs while dead.

Now compare and contrast the population of this server after 2 years with the suggestions I put in. Without it, only hardcore players and stubborn casuals. With these suggestions in? A dynamic and full server.

I have told you. As the joke goes what do you tell the woman with 2 black eyes? Nothing, you already told her twice. Well uthgard 1 and Genesis were both black eyes and you were both told and I'm telling you again.

By the way, you cannot control others, only yourself. I can't force the devs to change but I can be right. There is some satisfaction from being right.

But you can't prove your right so its all hot air. Why don't you go start your own server and then compare it with Uthgard in two years? If I really felt I could put a better DAOC server on the internet for free I would. If you believe you can, then go do it. Why waste time trying to tell others how to run their server when they have clearly stated how they plan to run it? That is insanity.

Makish
Gryphon Knight

Postby Makish » Jul 02, 2016 17:00

God damnit, take ur ****** Pills dude..

Repeating the same nonsense over and over again does not make you "right" it just makes you tedious.
Ololofeld - BD - Lyo/Mid

jdw
Warder

Postby jdw » Jul 02, 2016 17:14

This guy relvinian is 1000% right

People like him and I have an extreme passion for this game and just want to see an active healthy server.

You should listen and try to have a dialogue with these people, not just shut them down!

Rynthion
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rynthion » Jul 02, 2016 17:37

relvinian wrote:Ever meet a new woman and you guys date and you learn all the stuff she likes and her favorite color and so on? At some point if you break up you still know some of that stuff but it means NOTHING. I used to call it name of ex 101, like algebra 101.

Maybe I just like DAOC.

Here it is:

1. Faster xp for solo.
3. Bind in bg
5. NO RPS for GREYS.
6. RPs while dead.

I know a server you would LOVE. Go play live.

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Jul 02, 2016 17:53

I already proved I was right twice. I distinctly remember telling uthgard devs they were going in the wrong direction and experienced watching the population tank. Then i made a post and I told them so. As in, " I told you so."

Blue didn't listen then either.

The amazing thing is how much work and time and effort someone will put into a project without asking or listening to their players about what they actually want. It is like building a house for someone without asking them what it will look like when it is finished.

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Jul 02, 2016 18:03

It's actually very helpful for the community to have people ballsy enough to ask for what they want and to strike up debates. Otherwise we could all just be sitting in a soggy puddle of sh*t together, slowly rocking and nodding our heads.
What's not helpful are comments like "go play live" or "deal with it" - They actually have no bearing in any debate and aren't valid counter-arguments. If you don't want to discuss what the OP has to say, then don't. If you feel you are right by just outright telling the OP he is wrong then perhaps it would be best for you to keep your comments to yourself. Counter arguments are great, telling people to p*ss off because you don't agree - not so great.
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

Gliss
Myrmidon

Postby Gliss » Jul 02, 2016 18:04

relvinian wrote:I already proved I was right twice. I distinctly remember telling uthgard devs they were going in the wrong direction and experienced watching the population tank. Then i made a post and I told them so. As in, " I told you so."

The amazing thing is how much work and time and effort someone will put into a project without asking or listening to their players about what they actually want. It is like building a house for someone without asking them what it will look like when it is finished.

Your post has a lot of common sense in it. Unfortunately I'm beginning to think there is a cultural gap which is causing these guys to fail time after time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Last edited by Gliss on Jul 02, 2016 20:49, edited 1 time in total.
Currently playing on Hib/Uthgard: (Blood Feud) 50 Druid Gliss 50, 38 Warden Glliss, 50 Ment Glisseal,

Servers: Guin(Alb), all classic servers, Ywain
Realm: Guin(Alb), Classic(all 3), Ywain(all 3)
Guilds: Guin (Honored Circle, Vilgance),Classic(?),Ywain(SLC)

Characters:
Albs- Alaxx rr5 friar, Lillie rr5 minstrel, Zewky rr5 cleric
Hibs- Gliss rr10 druid, Glisseal rr9 eld, Zewk rr9 Hero, Zewks rr7 Warden
Mids- Glisseal rr6 Shaman,Blue rr6 Skald, Blueback rr6 runemaster

Izzt
Myrmidon

Postby Izzt » Jul 02, 2016 18:19

Ich find immer wieder geil wie ignorant man sein kann..

Wie wäre es mit ner KLEINEN demokratischen abstimmung, jetzt wo eh alle mit Google ACC loggen müssen.

ich bin mir sicher Karten wünscht sich jeder.. ^^

Ausser paar so HC spieler die nur auf ihren Vorteil bedacht sind.....

aber hier redet man ja gegen :wall:

play
Myrmidon

Postby play » Jul 02, 2016 18:20

relvinian wrote:I already proved I was right twice. I distinctly remember telling uthgard devs they were going in the wrong direction and experienced watching the population tank. Then i made a post and I told them so. As in, " I told you so."

You bring up good points but formulate them in such a way that it comes across as deconstructive. All we can do is suggest changes which improve the gameplay while taking away nothing from the 1.65 feel and hope they get implemented.

/xp off and /rp off would be huge though as a lot love bg's and want to dedicate toons for that experience.

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Jul 02, 2016 18:33

I'm a blunt speaker and probably turn many off with my choice of words. I actually do love daoc and if people with goals like a server they love have a certain amount of flexibility the goal will be reached. Complete lack of flexibility will lead to failure.

If I offended anyone or made someone angry, I'm sorry. Not my intention although i do sometimes use hyperbole to make a point.

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Jul 02, 2016 18:36

Makish wrote:God damnit, take ur ****** Pills dude..

Repeating the same nonsense over and over again does not make you "right" it just makes you tedious.

I am not on any medication. The same ad hominem attacks do not make you right, just banal. The banality of conformity.

Kilrogg
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kilrogg » Jul 02, 2016 18:54

Most of the issues with Uthgard do not come the fact the staff is choosing to stick to a specific patch level; that makes sense to some degree, it removes a lot of the risk of cherry picking from a wide range of different patches and ending up with something imbalanced.

The issues come from the fact the staff chose their target patch based on when ToA was released, instead of actually looking at the patches but ignoring all the ToA stuff, which is what they should have done.

What most people are looking for in a classic DAoC server is Old Frontiers + No ToA. There are a lot of patches after 1.65 that meet those criteria and are way more balanced and still retain the classic feel. Patch 1.65 isn't a good patch level and never was, its only claim to fame was being the last patch before ToA.

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics