Quest-wish list

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
_Oglop_
Phoenix Knight

Postby _Oglop_ » Jun 12, 2013 07:48

Excuse me if any of these are implemented, I just assume they aren't if the Jordheim Crier does not offer any of them to me.

Burning Realm
The Legend of Fenrir's Folly
Strange Powers
Werewolf Bane
The Three Sisters

Was just browsing through ZAM looking for template items and stumbled upon these. They seem to have some decent items that appear to belong within our patch level. I got all excited when I saw this as a possible reward:

"It's not fair unless I'm winning!"

Samirane
Eagle Knight

Postby Samirane » Oct 06, 2013 14:01

Missing Stripe Quest.. i am atm lv 30 Healer and Halla dont offer the Quest for me. In fact of the add from Bonedancer in Patch 1.59 it should be prove enough, that this quest is possible in 1.69

http://camelot.allakhazam.com/db/search.html?cmob=2131 (Halla = Questgiver)
http://camelot.allakhazam.com/quests.html?cquest=241

Realm: Midgard
Start Zone: Svealand West
Start NPC: Halla
Class:

Runemaster
Spiritmaster
Healer
Shaman
Bonedancer

Type: Regular
Related Zones:
Skona Ravine
Min Level: 25
Max Level: 50
Grants XP: Yes
Grants Coin: Yes
Rating:
Related NPCs:
Stripe

Description:

Halla looks you up and down sternly.

Halla says, "Yes, you look the [sturdy sort]."

Halla says, "Yes, sturdy sort. You look to Halla like a smart, strong, warrior! Maybe Halla has a [story] for you."

Halla says, "Halla's story is scary! Maybe you should close your ears? Ha ha! No, Halla's just joking. Have you ever heard of the bear the locals call [Stripe]?"

Halla says, "Good, then Halla will make sure you hear about nasty old Stripe. Long ago, there was a man named Varnarn who loved Hel and [served her] for most of his life."

Halla says, "Varnarn was a Spiritmaster for a long time, long long time, and Hel was going to reward him for his service, when he tried to [trick] Hel and take over the Underworld!"

Halla says, "Yes, But little did he know Hel turned his own trick on him, foiling his ploy and angering her at the same time. As his punishment, he was turned into a [bear]."

Halla says, "A bear the locals call Stripe. Halla doesn't know why he's called Stripe, but Halla hears tell of a [magical item] Stripe carries with him."

Dialog box: Do you accept the Stripe quest?

You have been given the Stripe quest.

Halla says, "Halla is new here in town, and not really sure what the item is, but you can find Stripe in the Skona Ravine. Good luck in your travels!"

[Step #1] Go to Skona Ravine and find Stripe!

Stripe is a woodland badger in Skona, the result of some curse, and
supposedly has a magic item on him.

Level: 26
Skona Ravine, near entrance to Malmohus
loc 43776,58238

[Step #1] Go to Skona Ravine and find Stripe!

You receive a Stripe Hide Helm from Stripe!
You have finished the Stripe quest.
You get 360,XXX experience points. (for level 32)

Reward:
Stripe Hide Helm http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=1426

p.s. if you need something more, let me know pls
Langsam und stetig ernährt sich das Murmeltier

WishYouWereHere

Alphaone
Myrmidon

Postby Alphaone » Apr 30, 2014 06:10

Kazuki wrote:Please post here the quests, which you want to see implemented next.
*HERE* can you find a list, with all quests that are already implemented.

Meaningless posts will be removed without warning.

Thank You.

<hr>

Here an overview over quests we are currently working on with status:

- A Good Night's Rest: done
- Learn the Hunt: 100%, done
- Lyna's Huldu Trouble: done

Information about proposed quests that were not added to the todo list above:

- The Legend of Fenrir's Folly: lacking dialog

Edit By Cletus

I am going back 7-years here I know, but can someone direct me to this mysterious "Quest List" that can no longer be found when clicking on the link provided by Kazuki? All I get when I click on it is a '404-Cannot Be Found' page.

Thanks in advance!

Alpha

heartbeats
Guardian

Postby heartbeats » Feb 03, 2016 17:15

Abydos wrote:
heartbeats wrote:Hey, would like if you implemented the alt epic quests for GoS. These were started by the main trainer in capital and not by Dostram, which starts a 2nd line of epics (the one we have now on uth). Most of these links have very detailed questlayout with all dialogues, but some not :/

Entry into tomorrow -
Rebellion accepted -
Regal Nobility (l25) -
Path of the Renegade -
Regal Nobility (l30) -
Travelers way (version 1) - Travelers way (version 2) - Lord of deceit -

Can these be implemented?

Cheers!

We're lacking a significant amount of required info to implement those. The quests cant be obtained.

Ok, what kind of information are lacking in this particular case ? For example the quest (Regal Nobility l25), to me alot of relevant information is provided by allakhazam: Complete dialogue, name and locs for NPC. And finally details about quest reward (items and coins). What other kind of informations regiarding the quest could you need? Do you need some kind of proof that allakhazam is correct like chatlogs or screenshots?

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Feb 03, 2016 19:42

While some quests are VERY well logged on zam, there is some that aren't (example: http://camelot.allakhazam.com/quests.ht ... cquest=459 )

Also even though there is chatlogs etc, often details are missing, often on the final encounter. Some of the final epic monsters got "amazing" AI and often cast spells, summon creatures, etc. These details aren't available on zam.

So if anyone still got old accounts with these old quests, please let us know so we can go and log them the way we usually do this. We have done quite a bit of this kind of logging while being closed, and we could always use some more.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

holsten-knight
Lion Knight

Postby holsten-knight » Feb 03, 2016 20:36

just place a cliff beatle? Who cares :D

heartbeats
Guardian

Postby heartbeats » Feb 03, 2016 21:17

Trishin wrote: Also even though there is chatlogs etc, often details are missing, often on the final encounter. Some of the final epic monsters got "amazing" AI and often cast spells, summon creatures, etc. These details aren't available on zam

Thanks for the reply. I understand and i can respect your opinions about the matter. But i can helpt to think it's a shame that the majority of quests can never be implemented in such a case, especially since the epic lines are (as stated in prev posts) revamped and so we have to rely on players having old logs or ss on their disks to provide this information. I know i havent got anything left from the years 2001-2003. Besides epics are usually completed already on lvl 50 chars since we all went straight for the epic armor back then.

Maybe you could approach the subject more practicly and perhaps implement quests that are complete at leasts in terms of chat logs, rewards, mobs and npcs? To me its not a big deal is the final boss doesnt cast DOT or have aura spell.

carnalito
Gryphon Knight

Postby carnalito » May 08, 2016 15:09

heartbeats wrote:
Trishin wrote: Also even though there is chatlogs etc, often details are missing, often on the final encounter. Some of the final epic monsters got "amazing" AI and often cast spells, summon creatures, etc. These details aren't available on zam

Thanks for the reply. I understand and i can respect your opinions about the matter. But i can helpt to think it's a shame that the majority of quests can never be implemented in such a case, especially since the epic lines are (as stated in prev posts) revamped and so we have to rely on players having old logs or ss on their disks to provide this information. I know i havent got anything left from the years 2001-2003. Besides epics are usually completed already on lvl 50 chars since we all went straight for the epic armor back then.

Maybe you could approach the subject more practicly and perhaps implement quests that are complete at leasts in terms of chat logs, rewards, mobs and npcs? To me its not a big deal is the final boss doesnt cast DOT or have aura spell.

Agree, the perfectionist approach will be impossible anyway. :|

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » May 08, 2016 15:17

We are currently working on the epic quest lines carnalite :) we will let you know when they are implemented.

For now Mystic/Hamorny/Church epic lines should be fully implemented. Please test and report through our issue tracker.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Antek88
Warder

Postby Antek88 » May 10, 2016 07:20

Hello to everyone is there a list with all the quest currently implemented?

carnalito
Gryphon Knight

Postby carnalito » May 10, 2016 08:35

carnalito wrote:Every now and then i stumble on completely logged quests when browsing daoc stuff on the web.

Every time, i think to myself, "This was nice, but they probably have implemented this quest on Uthgard already"

Perhaps you haven't done so, though... You guys should dump the quest database on a thread here so we can see what quests are implemented and which are not, so we know when to report a quest and when not to..

My thread didn't get any replies, so i just gonna ask the same thing here :>

cheese01551
Gryphon Knight

Postby cheese01551 » May 11, 2016 01:39

who cares about quests

other then epic the only quest that matters is SI Neck quest Lol

let them focus on important stuff so we can get the server out already.

carnalito
Gryphon Knight

Postby carnalito » May 11, 2016 08:51

cheese01551 wrote:who cares about quests

other then epic the only quest that matters is SI Neck quest Lol

let them focus on important stuff so we can get the server out already.

Like what?

There are staff working with worldbuild and there are developers working with code. Do not confuse theese two.

Exilon
Warder

Postby Exilon » May 11, 2016 10:04

Quest that give weapons! There seems to be a complete lack of such quests, as most give nothing, or jewelry. Also, why are most suggestions here for mid? WutFace

Kaosfury
Eagle Knight

Postby Kaosfury » May 11, 2016 14:09

Im down for quest rewards.....

Dont hand out items..... make crafting worth while.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics