Anyone from old Mid/Kay (or old Kay in general) play?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Odorous
Guardian

Postby Odorous » Apr 05, 2012 05:48

I played Mid/Kay from release until shortly after NF. Was just curious if anyone from back in the day was around here, especially from Fury. Looking forward to running in the old frontiers again.

splitfire
Warder

Postby splitfire » Apr 05, 2012 22:59

Holy smokes Fury lol I played Alb Kay for a long long time.. I cannot for the life of me remember your GM's name, he was a norse spiritmaster though i do remember that.

I was in The Forsaken guild, one of Boltars minions haha

Odorous
Guardian

Postby Odorous » Apr 05, 2012 23:37

That would have been Growl, well his SM was Growlspirit, Growl was his Troll skald. Those were good times back then. I was in Fury for a long long time.

macil23
Warder

Postby macil23 » Apr 06, 2012 01:15

Hi I played alb/kay from release until TOA. My main was a merc named Rubicant, also a minst named screech. I think your name sounds familiar, did you used to post on server boards on VN?

I really miss the old Fury, Forsaken, Crucible rivalries. Fury in particular was the highest RP guild in the entire game from its inception and maintained that for a very long time, crucible and TF were high up there as well. I always thought it was funny how each realm had 1 giant guild that dominated. The hibs all loved Judok but Growl and Boltar got so much hate. I played early on in Silent Redemption, when that dissolved I played in The Sacred Order, then to Forsaken for a while but eventually back to TSO.

... hmm good times... I don't think I'll ever love (or hate for that matter) another game as much as daoc from that era.

Odorous
Guardian

Postby Odorous » Apr 06, 2012 04:38

I was on VN all the time. I played my Thane (Odorous) mainly. He was still the top Thane on the server for years after I quit (which says more about thanes in general and the others on that server than it does about me).

The nights of endless zerg RvR with Fury/Crucible/Forsaken and all the rest were the most fun I have ever had in a game.

Well, the Thanksgiving day we broke up the duels was the most fun I ever had ever, but that is a different story.

splitfire
Warder

Postby splitfire » Apr 18, 2012 14:55

Wow you guys are bringing back memories. I do remember you Rubicant, I played a fire wizard named Splitfire, those were the times indeed.

all those RvR runs with Boltar and Gwendolyn, the best fights would be with fury for sure, was so much fun :) I think I have a screenshot of a big battle at AUM between TF and Fury i'll have to dig them out

Luydor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Luydor » Apr 18, 2012 16:39

Moved, use the general Forum for LF DAoC Player threads

EternitySphere
Myrmidon

Postby EternitySphere » Apr 18, 2012 22:12

splitfire wrote:Holy smokes Fury lol I played Alb Kay for a long long time.. I cannot for the life of me remember your GM's name, he was a norse spiritmaster though i do remember that.

I was in The Forsaken guild, one of Boltars minions haha

I was on Alb/Kay briefly and was in Forsaken too. I hung out mostly with Minuet and one other TF officer, his co-gm I think, can't recall his name. Boltar was a notorious tyrant so the other guy I hung out with was more of an officer then a co-gm, but had Bolt had a co-gm, it would've been him. Trying to remember his name is killing me.
Alb - Eternitys, Eternityz, Spectres, Prophecy, Phantasm, Swarm
Mid - Spheres, Cicada, Aalea

Eternitys - If were allowing custom changes, why would the staff choose to remove a very very good and highly accepted custom change such as barrels? Then on top of that, use the "it's livelike" excuse as a reason for removing them? If staff are so concerned about livelike and that's the direction the staff wish to go, I'd fully support a 100% livelike server. However if there are custom changes on the server, then using the "livelike" excuse is being nothing more then hypocritical.

Staff - Locked!

Phaneuf
Guardian

Postby Phaneuf » May 12, 2012 01:45

i played mid kay sb named Aingoec warrior named Mastam

play
Myrmidon

Postby play » Jun 06, 2012 00:29

I also played Mid Kay for a while in the guild Axes of Odin which many of us then left to reform Outsiderz.

I do remember Fury and the name Growl certainly rings a bell heh. My char on mid was named Kasuza 50 aug/cave shaman.

Zodiak
Warder

Postby Zodiak » Jun 06, 2012 02:01

I played Mid Kay for a brief period with the Agony/Awakening guys...
Had a SM named Falconx

EternitySphere
Myrmidon

Postby EternitySphere » Jun 06, 2012 09:12

play wrote:I also played Mid Kay for a while in the guild Axes of Odin which many of us then left to reform Outsiderz.

I do remember Fury and the name Growl certainly rings a bell heh. My char on mid was named Kasuza 50 aug/cave shaman.

/poke, where are you hiding at play?
Alb - Eternitys, Eternityz, Spectres, Prophecy, Phantasm, Swarm
Mid - Spheres, Cicada, Aalea

Eternitys - If were allowing custom changes, why would the staff choose to remove a very very good and highly accepted custom change such as barrels? Then on top of that, use the "it's livelike" excuse as a reason for removing them? If staff are so concerned about livelike and that's the direction the staff wish to go, I'd fully support a 100% livelike server. However if there are custom changes on the server, then using the "livelike" excuse is being nothing more then hypocritical.

Staff - Locked!

play
Myrmidon

Postby play » Jun 06, 2012 21:34

EternitySphere wrote:
play wrote:I also played Mid Kay for a while in the guild Axes of Odin which many of us then left to reform Outsiderz.

/poke, where are you hiding at play?

PM sent with new vent info.

Reeks
Guardian

Postby Reeks » Dec 22, 2020 22:56

Albion-Kay Smiteakeen smite cleric from the beginning,also played Reeks my infiltrator

Return to General Topics