SI?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
carnalito
Gryphon Knight

Postby carnalito » Apr 17, 2009 12:53

Will the Si zones be implmented?

Seems to be shared opinions about this.. :)

nixian
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby nixian » Apr 17, 2009 13:14

SI zones will be implemented when classic is 100% done and bugfree

so - you can start holding your breath :D

Gemma
Eagle Knight

Postby Gemma » Apr 17, 2009 13:16

nixian wrote:SI zones will be implemented when classic is 100% done and bugfree

You mean they will never be implemented?? 8O

nixian
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby nixian » Apr 17, 2009 13:18

well

it might take a long time (thats the feeling ive gotten from previous posts on this topic)

thedemoninside
Warder

Postby thedemoninside » Apr 19, 2009 00:26

I wouldnt mind a questless SI. Just having the new zones and extra dungeons would be fine. as long as stable masters are in all towns and working, and the main town for each realm had all working NPC's this server would be close to perfect for me :)
Last edited by thedemoninside on May 03, 2009 02:16, edited 1 time in total.

Elaeli
Banned

Postby Elaeli » Apr 19, 2009 05:29

no need to introduce more items where you have to farm endlessly with raidgroups to get a decent competitive template. dragon/legion is bad enough already.
and no need to further spread out the leveling population, classic is fricking HUGE on its own.

even though i never saw them in action on live, i'd rather have task dungeons in the classic zones implemented

H-Man
Volunteer
Volunteer

Postby H-Man » Apr 19, 2009 09:19

I think especially the dungeons would be a huge load of work.
Henrir, Hyrkon, Hrungar & Hiormon Bruagh.

Nayru
Developer
Developer

Postby Nayru » Apr 19, 2009 12:40

H-Man is right. There is so much to do in the classic zones, we currently have no time for SI.

thedemoninside
Warder

Postby thedemoninside » Apr 19, 2009 13:48

That is a shame. I guess this server will never see SI, or maybe just I won't because I will probably get bored by then.

SI was always my favorite place to level, and I really enjoyed the raid dungeons. I also found the other dungeons to be much more interesting than Classic ones. Also with farming classes being introduced, those extra dungeons are needed at times because the Classic ones at the moment get crowded.

Zarkor
Unicorn Knight

Postby Zarkor » Apr 19, 2009 14:37

thedemoninside wrote:That is a shame. I guess this server will never see SI, or maybe just I won't because I will probably get bored by then.

SI was always my favorite place to level, and I really enjoyed the raid dungeons. I also found the other dungeons to be much more interesting than Classic ones. Also with farming classes being introduced, those extra dungeons are needed at times because the Classic ones at the moment get crowded.

Hello.. DAoC is more than swarming dungeons with your beloved 'farming classes'.

There's a beautiful wide open world out there and all u do is grind dungeons.. no wonder u'll get bored :?.

@Elaeli: No that would ruin the game completely like it did on live. It's rips apart the community because everyone just minds their own business/tasks/whatever without encountering other players. Where's the MMO part in that?

Amadeth
Eagle Knight

Postby Amadeth » Apr 19, 2009 15:03

Zarkor wrote:@Elaeli: No that would ruin the game completely like it did on live. It's rips apart the community because everyone just minds their own business/tasks/whatever without encountering other players. Where's the MMO part in that?

deffinitely agreed

thedemoninside
Warder

Postby thedemoninside » Apr 19, 2009 15:20

Zarkor wrote:Hello.. DAoC is more than swarming dungeons with your beloved 'farming classes'.

There's a beautiful wide open world out there and all u do is grind dungeons.. no wonder u'll get bored :?.

Actually I don;t think I said anything about me being a farming class, or using dungeons as my only way of leveling. I've played Classic zones for 8 years now, and SI was a good break from that.

Not every player that comes here is some noob to DAoC trying to play a game for free and ****** about silly things. I bring up valid points.

Also I agree on task dungeons not being added. They were just silly and killed alot of the fun of the game.

Maidrion
Phoenix Knight

Postby Maidrion » Apr 19, 2009 15:44

Gotta agree on the dungeons they were very nice and would be nice to re-explore all those zones cause the mainland zones are getting a lil dull.
Oh well not getting my hopes up if it isn't coming anyway

carnalito
Gryphon Knight

Postby carnalito » Apr 20, 2009 08:25

SI was my favourite expansion too. No need to itemize the uber dungeons or implement quests. Just give us the zones with the mobs in them! :D

And please, with sugar on top, don't implement those crappy isntances from catacombs.

Zwikki
Warder

Postby Zwikki » Apr 20, 2009 10:20

I think in the opposite, i think the uber dungeons are the only intressting parts of the si zones^^ and it would be enough if u only "create" Them and make them aviable by the porters in the hometowns.

The main problem as i see it is that there are no real good exp spots in the classic zones and the bgs as well. The Si doungeons would make the exping
much more effective from lvl 40 as it is atm.
And as a plus we would got a dragon more per realm^^

Next

Return to General Topics