Abermenai event

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Feb 15, 2023 18:25

Seeing as tasking up to 20 is pretty quick, anyone facing getting what remaining players we have on the server just all roll fresh tools and do this?

It's small enough to warrant the current player base, old thid was a nice distraction back in the day.

Maybe around Easter, with a bit of support it might be a fun weekend
Last edited by Wakefield on Feb 18, 2023 11:35, edited 1 time in total.
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Feb 16, 2023 14:50

Thid is lvl 27 to 34, right?
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Zetetic
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zetetic » Feb 16, 2023 19:52

I may not be able to play much on Easter sunday itself, but I am definitely interested in other days.

Thanks for posting this.

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Feb 17, 2023 12:13

20 24 unless they changed it
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

Meander Silberberg
Myrmidon

Postby Meander Silberberg » Feb 18, 2023 01:43

Abermenai 20-26
simply login and scroll down in the /changelog
battlegrounds were changed, after my shaman hit level 48 (Caledonia max level 47)

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Feb 18, 2023 11:35

Ah.

I changed event title
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

Anomie
Myrmidon

Postby Anomie » Feb 24, 2023 21:34

I like this idea. I can't usually commit to specific times, but if an Abermenai event happened a few times i think it could catch on.

I've suggested this for years, and keep a toon in the twenty to twenty-six range at all times, and i've heard a few objections:

"But this will take away from real RvR" - really? For years now, only at Romu's zerg times is there any reliable RvR. As long as this event were to happen any other time, it couldn't be fairly said to take away from 'Real RvR'. And in a way, if it involves realms fighting and getting a few RPs too... how is this not 'real'? My wild guess is that even mild success of a lowbie battleground event here would bring back a dozen or more players who don't enjoy zerging with Albs, or getting killed by shroom traps, or grinding, or pve, or pve'ing keeps when opponents are not expected, these masochistic joys that keep the resolute few of us jolly here.

"But class balance is way off at this level" Sure, and we can all adjust to the lvl 26 limitations. The character planners are useful for that. Class and realm balance will be different than at fifty, but not obviously worse. Also the fact that nobody can expect balance would eliminate one common source of frustration.

A word about gear: templating for this level can be done in a fraction of the time needed to template a max-level toon. This is not only because lower level gear is so much faster to craft but also because RoG jewelry gives full bonuses starting from lvl one. There's no need to overcharge anything when spellcrafting, and in many cases it will only be necessary to SC a couple of pieces of armour and the weapons. With the abundance of tier 8 materials available to many farming players, it can be extremely quick and efficient to craft a full set of lvl 35 gear, with decent enchantment bonus, but not too quick to wear out at lvl 26.

And for those who aren't templated, the difference is significantly less. No reactive armour procs available, no lifetap or other special procs or charges, only simple dd charges and weapon dd procs, and the magic resists are so much lower that the difference between capped resists and untemped is far less meaningful.

Here's to hoping the server lets us play again and that Uthgard's Abermenai becomes the new 'Thidranki'.
[img]https://uthsig.000webhostapp.com/uthsig.php?myceliumrunning+animists+bawd+rearranger+cowarden+vitamix[/img]

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » Feb 25, 2023 01:11

I think I can come

Filters
Gryphon Knight

Postby Filters » Mar 10, 2023 22:07

what about do some normal rvr on lv 50 character ?
there are none so deaf as those who will not hear

Meander Silberberg
Myrmidon

Postby Meander Silberberg » Mar 11, 2023 08:46

Filters wrote:what about do some normal rvr on lv 50 character ?

Not everyone has a level 50, fully equipped character. And it would be only fun for the high rrs ;)

Filters
Gryphon Knight

Postby Filters » Mar 12, 2023 12:46

Meander Silberberg wrote:

Not everyone has a level 50, fully equipped character. And it would be only fun for the high rrs ;)

lol ? All the people on this server have like 50 lv 50 they do pve all the time :D
Cant hurt to try doing something different but seriously this server already half dead and people keep doing pve and take keep, not even a single 8v8 fight in months ..... at least try
there are none so deaf as those who will not hear

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Mar 12, 2023 20:02

Yeah the Abermenai-Event for all the new player is a great idea :)
Lets do it and make Uthgard great again :!:
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Mar 14, 2023 01:42

The frontiers are too big for such a low population.

Least all 3 realms can insta port and maybe get SOME action, not just taking empty keeps.
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Mar 25, 2023 19:53

I have lost interest again due to low server numbers and a lack of interest on trying to run an event.

Enjoy your server
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

Anomie
Myrmidon

Postby Anomie » Mar 27, 2023 08:13

Wakefield wrote:I have lost interest again due to low server numbers and a lack of interest on trying to run an event.

Enjoy your server

No need to give up due to one or even ten keyboard grumps. I am still planning on being there if i possibly can, and in the meantime anyone in Hibernia is welcome to ask me for help getting gear for Abermenai. (Usually play Ascension toons.)

Besides what i said above about RoGs, it's worth knowing that lots of RvR dungeon drops are usable in Abermenai, i think starting at lvl 22 or 23. I've tested Glacial Diamond Ring, Etched Ice Bracer, and about ten other fairly common items, and before lvl 25 their bonuses apply.
[img]https://uthsig.000webhostapp.com/uthsig.php?myceliumrunning+animists+bawd+rearranger+cowarden+vitamix[/img]

Next

Return to General Topics