Community SI projects?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Zetetic
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zetetic » Jun 29, 2022 22:46

I am curious if there is any SI work the community can help with? I remember helping with a few things over the years, but I completely forgot if there was more to do or not?

Thank you as always.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jun 30, 2022 04:16

There is no active work underway. The bulk of the "log stuff" effort was complete and captured becuase at the time Broadsword had indicated they were going to start revising SI in new ways.

Implementation of mechanics is a complicated effort and the progress so far is not up to our standards for release. Due to limited time and effort its not something that is being worked on.

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Jun 30, 2022 21:31

Hello Abydos,
I think it would be nice to know what the other announced projects are like.

Greetings

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jun 30, 2022 23:32

What is in place currently is what we have and is not progressing further.. If there will be engagement to continue development, we'll post an update.

Zetetic
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zetetic » Jul 01, 2022 07:18

Oh! Thank you so much for explaining that. Understood.

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Jul 01, 2022 12:40

Basically servers dead.

It is summertime, it will go back up in winter etcetc.

We had nearly 2 years of lock downs and STILL noone played here. Methinks there may be a tiny problem with the server ruleset. Only a small one mind....
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Jul 01, 2022 20:30

Hello,
Thank you Abydos for the statement.
It's important that people know where they stand and how things stand.
Genjiro had announced a Rvr update (part 2) and many are waiting for it. I think it will drag on a little longer.
I really like playing on Uthgard and I like the server even if many things take a little time.

Greetings

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jul 22, 2022 19:26

Wakefield wrote:Basically servers dead.

It is summertime, it will go back up in winter etcetc.

We had nearly 2 years of lock downs and STILL noone played here. Methinks there may be a tiny problem with the server ruleset. Only a small one mind....

and suddenly 400 players out of nowhere due to some popular streamers :)
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Return to General Topics