Is there a plan to get population higher?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » May 28, 2021 12:18

Pop has been terrible for a long time now: https://unixgeek.com/uthgard.html

Is there a plan (Blue, Abydos, etc.) to get more players motivated to come here?

What is the developer consensus about what we are seeing and where we go from here?

Game is unplayable with just 16 players on during my playtime

Zetetic
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zetetic » May 28, 2021 16:46

Shhhh, don't encourage them to spoil the surprise.

<goes to paypal to donate>

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » May 28, 2021 18:38

The thread with the most replies is asking why people stopped playing. They could look there and find way to bring back population, but staff doesn't bother :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Highdrone
Myrmidon

Postby Highdrone » May 28, 2021 21:15

Rendiviel wrote:..., but staff doesn't bother :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

because staff left either... :hammer:

madskaizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby madskaizer » May 28, 2021 22:05

Some day it will all get better.
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid: Direktoeren, 45 Shaman

Kayd
Warder

Postby Kayd » May 29, 2021 11:21

Software Developers are in such high demand right now with about 10 jobs available per Developer that I doubt any of them have time or motivation to do much rescue volunteer work here, especially on this ship that sunk a long time ago. Even with a wipe and restart, interested Software Developers are going to be hard to find even if the Uthgard entity offered to pay them generously. There is just too much lucrative opportunity for them elsewhere right now.

Geheimes
Myrmidon

Postby Geheimes » Jun 06, 2021 07:08

hello,

Is there really no plan for the future @abydos?

the number of players has not increased for months and years that is a fact!

so why not dare a server wipe?
it will hardly be less but maybe a little or much more afterwards incl. me.

@google translator sorry ;)

Gremon
Warder

Postby Gremon » Jun 14, 2021 11:03

The population that is on Uthgard is having fun most of the evenings.
Even had nice 3 realm action this weekend.

Just come over and have fun with us.

Why would you want a server wipe? You can get a lvl 50 within 2 weeks and RR3+ in that time as well if you make a bit of an effort.

Stop moaning and join the fun.
Gremon <The Ministry> Alb Excaliber - Gremon <Guardians of Light> Alb Uthgard 2

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Jun 15, 2021 13:10

Gremon wrote:Why would you want a server wipe? You can get a lvl 50 within 2 weeks and RR3+ in that time as well if you make a bit of an effort.

Because there are usually only 20 players online, and therefore the idea is that by wiping and restarting its an opportunity to get more players to join us since its been demonstrated that all shard daoc players love a fresh start. I know that Abydos is very much against it but I can legitimately see us back up around 1500 players if the GMs are willing to a wipe. Maybe even just a temporary wipe just to humor this as a possibility, even that would work

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jun 16, 2021 00:19

Based on what? All the people who "love" PVE so much they want to erase all progress and start over? A lot of folk couldn't be bothered the first go round.

Highdrone
Myrmidon

Postby Highdrone » Jun 16, 2021 18:54

Abydos wrote:Based on what? All the people who "love" PVE so much they want to erase all progress and start over? A lot of folk couldn't be bothered the first go round.

Can you do ANYTHING to adress the population on Uthgard?
I know its a game and its run by volunteers. But DAoC relies heavily on many more than 20 players per realm.

My hope is, that pop will rise, when staff starts being active - like implementing dragons again, starting events, ...

And if you dont plan on being active again, can you tell us please? Because then i can FINALLY stop roaming the forums and start to live again (rising my fists in the air and staring dramatically)

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Jun 16, 2021 23:58

Highdrone wrote:
Abydos wrote:Based on what? All the people who "love" PVE so much they want to erase all progress and start over? A lot of folk couldn't be bothered the first go round.

Can you do ANYTHING to adress the population on Uthgard?
I know its a game and its run by volunteers. But DAoC relies heavily on many more than 20 players per realm.

My hope is, that pop will rise, when staff starts being active - like implementing dragons again, starting events, ...

And if you dont plan on being active again, can you tell us please? Because then i can FINALLY stop roaming the forums and start to live again (rising my fists in the air and staring dramatically)

How many clues do you need? GM's haven't been active for over 3 years, nothing has changed or fixed for over 3 years. Abydos took the dragons out, when Hibs focus pulled it. Nothings beeing done to get them back.

No GM ever took the time to explain what happend. Abydos just monitors the state of the server, nothing else. This project has been given up years ago. In 3 years + a corona crisis, we've could have hade atleast SI. If GM's would've put some effort in.

We're back to what it was after the Uth1 BG nerf. Ripbro crew taking keeps, switching realms every 2 days to take back the keeps they just upgraded.

There should have been an official statement, explaining what was and is going on. They owe us atleast that much.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Highdrone
Myrmidon

Postby Highdrone » Jun 17, 2021 14:55

Satiah wrote:How many clues do you need? GM's haven't been active for over 3 years, nothing has changed or fixed for over 3 years. ...
There should have been an official statement, explaining what was and is going on. They owe us atleast that much.

There, you answered it yourself. Thats what i want, too. An official statement! I dont want clues, because thats what lets me keep hoping.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Jun 18, 2021 13:18

To be perfectly clear, nothing has happened in 3 years. The server is dead.

That said, I agree that it would be really great to see Blue post on the homepage and make a post reminiscent of the Uth 2.0 updates/announcements, say "hey we ****** up, theres a big problem here", and then outline a plan to fix it. Will that happen? 99% no. But that is the delusional dream we all have.

munchies
Myrmidon

Postby munchies » Jun 18, 2021 13:32

albeyond wrote:
Gremon wrote:Why would you want a server wipe? You can get a lvl 50 within 2 weeks and RR3+ in that time as well if you make a bit of an effort.

Because there are usually only 20 players online, and therefore the idea is that by wiping and restarting its an opportunity to get more players to join us since its been demonstrated that all shard daoc players love a fresh start. I know that Abydos is very much against it but I can legitimately see us back up around 1500 players if the GMs are willing to a wipe. Maybe even just a temporary wipe just to humor this as a possibility, even that would work

If server would we wiped - sure some would return but will they stay if nothing else changes? No. I would return if there is more activity from the Uth team, QoL changes to reduce timesink and more regular events. I wouldn't return if there is just a wipe. Wipe + changes? Probably not either, I have put a lot of effort to get my character where it is. Not sure why im even writing this post tbh, cause Im pretty sure nothing will change :)

Next

Return to General Topics