What made you stop playing here?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Jan 28, 2021 14:02

madskaizer wrote:
Wakefield wrote:Remember logging on one night to do the rent thing and was told by a very excited exguildmate that there were 7 hibs to fight that night!

No thanks.

If you want more people playing, then it starts with yourself logging on. Others then see numbers are higher, more log on, some only look at the statistics to determine if its worth playing or not.

You can disagree with the server, admins and game version, but that discussion is long dead. It is what it is. Log in and make ****** happen, it isn't going to happen on its own.

Only so much logging on, standing around semiafk in CS or even just sat in Barrows semi afk farming cash I do not need you can do before you think "****** it, what's the point" as there is nothing meaningful to do.

The population has dropped too far for anything to change, things should have been done when the server was in the 500 range, maybe earlier.

Now it's just in a cycle that it cannot get out of.
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Jan 28, 2021 16:09

The problem is the people, not the server.

There are too many people who want to be taken by the hand. They await a group invite, they want to be told where to port, what class to play etc.

Look at the sheep that follow Romu around 2 nights a week - when he decides to make something happen. You never see them without.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Jan 28, 2021 17:13

make something in frontier to call the attention of others, sooner or later some1 appear ;)
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Zarx
Warder

Postby Zarx » Feb 19, 2021 13:03

Its obvious why this server still exists. It's a cash cow. They're milking this for whatever its worth, with no plans on improving it; hence the Donate button on the main page. I mean c'mon let's be real here. If they truly wanted to have a thriving game they would push SI out for everyone to enjoy. But they won't.

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Feb 19, 2021 14:23

Haha that's funny. I am sure the hosting costs outweighs the donations.. unless they have a sugardaddy like Tuthmes :hammer:

Ojczyzna
Warder

Postby Ojczyzna » Feb 19, 2021 14:56

The only obvious thing is that thread is leaving earth orbit.

Cash cows... take walk outside and breath deeply dude.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Feb 21, 2021 21:52

cant believe this thread is still going. who cares what made you stop playing here? what is posting it gonna change?

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Feb 28, 2021 20:49

I have faith that you ^ and wakefield will keep all threads going forever , thank you for helping keep uthgard forums alive LOL :gaga:
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Feb 28, 2021 21:30

Pendalith wrote:I have faith that you ^ and wakefield will keep all threads going forever , thank you for helping keep uthgard forums alive LOL :gaga:

Hey, forum activity is better than 0 activity I guess!
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Feb 28, 2021 22:06

Wakefield wrote:Hey, forum activity is better than 0 activity I guess!

idk man, I don't particularly enjoy deleting the spambots -.-

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Mar 01, 2021 22:41

Advertise the server in china pls so we can get more population :wink:
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

thaneel
Myrmidon

Postby thaneel » Mar 02, 2021 14:49

Back in the days, did the chineses play DAoC ?

Roby5869
Myrmidon

Postby Roby5869 » Mar 02, 2021 20:12

thaneel wrote:Back in the days, did the chineses play DAoC ?

I don't know about chinese, but many koreans did, on uthard 1 and on uthgard 2 at the start of the server.

Stenni
Guardian

Postby Stenni » Mar 06, 2021 08:03

POPULATION

Don't want to be a downer. BUT, logged in 3/5/21 at 11:50 central time. 14 players on line 4 in hib. Asked for grp (lol) and of course no answer.

My question is why should I continue try?

Highdrone
Myrmidon

Postby Highdrone » Mar 06, 2021 10:59

Stenni wrote:POPULATION

Don't want to be a downer. BUT, logged in 3/5/21 at 11:50 central time. 14 players on line 4 in hib. Asked for grp (lol) and of course no answer.

My question is why should I continue try?

This is a question you need to answer to yourself...
As far as i remember staff never tried to lure Gamers to Uthgard. It always seemed to be a self-motivation-thing.
Try to make 1 or 2 friends with whom you can play regularly, or enjoy playing by yourself...

Please know, that i dont like it this way either, its just senseless to try to get staff doing something about it. They never (i know there were tries but they dont really count if you compare it to the server-uptime) did and now its only Abydos left who just keeps server running.

Before asking for any change we need Blue back and active.

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics