What made you stop playing here?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
User avatar
Ilerget
Phoenix Knight
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Jul 04, 2011 11:54

Postby Ilerget » Jun 25, 2020 20:20

for sure that worse server would be so bad that people playing there keeps coming here to annoy us with complaints
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Antiks
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Jan 02, 2017 19:47

Postby Antiks » Jun 25, 2020 22:45

Rendiviel wrote:
Excalibur93 wrote:
Cipherr wrote:When they ignore that; I finally stopped submitting bugs in the beta and trying to help. I just played for my own satisfaction.


Hello,

ok, so in other words:

Im fine to help, but only as long as they do what i want them to do.

:roll:

Greetings
Excalibur93

I think it would be more appropriate to say "I'm fine to help as long as they're also willing to help themselves." Which is what the staff failed to do. The constant saying from staff was "If you don't like it, play on a different server!" When a worse server came out, but with the clarity to occasionally listen to what the population had to say, the population moved there. And now Uthgard has the surprised Pikachu face because they kept saying "If you don't like it, leave." and everyone left.



It was correct this first time, but might be more appropriate to point out the gross attitudes of spitefulness and retaliatory sentiment because they couldn't have their way. oO All too often do I read comments like these from self proclaimed 'prominent members of the community that have been around since Uth1, etc, etc', and so it wouldn't be a surprised to me to eventually find out that the mass exodus from Uth2 was actually due to some blackballing from a specific faction of the DAoC freeshard community that mirrors this kind of behavior and attitude.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Austerim
Alerion Knight
 
Posts: 2739
Joined: Dec 15, 2010 16:27

Postby Austerim » Jun 26, 2020 03:38

GreenP wrote:Pretty sure during Uth 1.0 staffs/devs said there would never be any full server wipe EVER.
Something must have changed at one point.
Rumors tell a handfull of players on uth1 found a exploit to dupe every item they wanted without ever reporting this to anyone out of their "bubble".

:confused:
/ponder
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> You have to be a c*** to be awesome at daoc
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> that's what I learnt
[3:11pm] <Frosty_> then why does austerim suck
lordgriffon wrote:Oh by the way... ever seen a group of 8 smite clerics? Or play against a group like that? I have. Absolute devastation. The group that runs up against them can't kill them fast enough because smite clerics have sooooooo many tools at their disposal combined with decent ranged damage with 8 of them dudes doing it!

User avatar
Abydos
Game Master
Game Master
 
Posts: 6697
Joined: Jan 22, 2011 21:14

Postby Abydos » Jun 26, 2020 09:34

No. Just no.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Apr 03, 2017 19:29

Postby albeyond » Jun 26, 2020 11:55

Ilerget wrote:for sure that worse server would be so bad that people playing there keeps coming here to annoy us with complaints


It just boils down to population; people play where the population is. Most players would probably prefer an OF/truly classic server, and so there is an internal feeling where the only way people know how to process their frustration is to lash out on these forums. For some, the constant reminder that Uthgard could have been the server and isn't, is a way for them to handle their grief because we all saw so much promise when Uth 2.0 launched. But let's not rehash history -- it looks like those few people still playing here are the loyalists and I'm happy they're getting what they want out of this server

User avatar
Ilerget
Phoenix Knight
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Jul 04, 2011 11:54

Postby Ilerget » Jun 26, 2020 17:19

albeyond wrote:It just boils down to population; people play where the population is. Most players would probably prefer an OF/truly classic server, and so there is an internal feeling where the only way people know how to process their frustration is to lash out on these forums. For some, the constant reminder that Uthgard could have been the server and isn't, is a way for them to handle their grief because we all saw so much promise when Uth 2.0 launched. But let's not rehash history -- it looks like those few people still playing here are the loyalists and I'm happy they're getting what they want out of this server


this is the right server but they decide to go to play the other server? really? :gaga:
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Apr 03, 2017 19:29

Postby albeyond » Jun 26, 2020 19:57

Ilerget wrote:
albeyond wrote:It just boils down to population; people play where the population is. Most players would probably prefer an OF/truly classic server, and so there is an internal feeling where the only way people know how to process their frustration is to lash out on these forums. For some, the constant reminder that Uthgard could have been the server and isn't, is a way for them to handle their grief because we all saw so much promise when Uth 2.0 launched. But let's not rehash history -- it looks like those few people still playing here are the loyalists and I'm happy they're getting what they want out of this server


this is the right server but they decide to go to play the other server? really? :gaga:


Yes. Poor GM decision making led players to not want to play here, so they took the GMs advice and left. It’s pretty simple.

Wakefield
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Aug 17, 2017 09:57

Postby Wakefield » Jun 26, 2020 23:35

It was frustrating to play here towards the end of my time here.

Not the actual gameplay as such as my main was 50 and templated, but just the inaction and stubborness of the powers that be towards anything that might have convinced people to stay when numbers were dropping.

People asked for changes, some good. Some bad. But it was the same answer. Dont like it, leave. But the complete lack of anything to motivate anyone, even slamming an event here are there, did not happen. Two double exp weekends around launch was all we got. And thats it. Two events for the two years I played here, two events that happened in the first 3 months of server life. That my friends is the complete lack of interest from the GMs side to do anything.

PVE is fine and dandy in small doses. But day in, day out with little or no reward? Not for me and not for a lot of players. Pve versus the dragon, finns, pygmy goblins or even the 7 keep lords is not an RvR game. Sorry, no matter how much you say "well you get rps from keep takes", it means nothing if you dont fight someone defending it

I stuck around due to the effort i put into the server, but when pastures new opened and vast majority of people who packed in here moved to the greener grass, I followed my guildmates.

Hibs found something that worked on the dragon mob. Instead of doing something that appeases the low population, like making encounters like that slightly easier as less numbers, no chance.

Instead the teddy was thrown out of the pram and decreed that noone can play the pve game. Even the realm which can get the numbers needed.
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps


Wakefeld 26 Druid

Malach
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Aug 08, 2018 08:12

Postby Malach » Jul 01, 2020 04:56

Because all of what has been said already basically … and also the next big thing for this server is to pull the power cord out the back of the server...or wait till Blue quits the project and hands leader ship to someone else *and hopefully the next leader make the changes needed to spark some life back into the server*

P.S. to Abydos.... I have stolen your name on P99 Green... Your downgraded from a DAoC Troll GM to a lowly Everquest human druid that can't see 5 feet in front of himself in the dark/night time.

User avatar
virulent-
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Jun 28, 2017 20:41

Postby virulent- » Jul 01, 2020 05:50

Malach wrote:Because all of what has been said already basically … and also the next big thing for this server is to pull the power cord out the back of the server...or wait till Blue quits the project and hands leader ship to someone else *and hopefully the next leader make the changes needed to spark some life back into the server*

P.S. to Abydos.... I have stolen your name on P99 Green... Your downgraded from a DAoC Troll GM to a lowly Everquest human druid that can't see 5 feet in front of himself in the dark/night time.


no one cares...btw, how is p99 green? i used to play p99 blue before uth2 came out
Image

<Ravensworn> of Hibernia, Palomides 2001 - 2002 *** <Triggered> of Albion, Uthgard2 2017 - Present

User avatar
Abydos
Game Master
Game Master
 
Posts: 6697
Joined: Jan 22, 2011 21:14

Postby Abydos » Jul 01, 2020 05:51

Oh so that's why Austerim was taken. Well now I know.

Malach
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Aug 08, 2018 08:12

Postby Malach » Jul 01, 2020 06:39

virulent- wrote:
Malach wrote:Because all of what has been said already basically … and also the next big thing for this server is to pull the power cord out the back of the server...or wait till Blue quits the project and hands leader ship to someone else *and hopefully the next leader make the changes needed to spark some life back into the server*

P.S. to Abydos.... I have stolen your name on P99 Green... Your downgraded from a DAoC Troll GM to a lowly Everquest human druid that can't see 5 feet in front of himself in the dark/night time.


no one cares...btw, how is p99 green? i used to play p99 blue before uth2 came out


welp… blue server is still over 400... green is always beteween low pop of 500 to high pop of over 1000.....

So whos server does no one really care about when the top pop is around 60 at peak hours...

Man I get it you devs got work into the coding to make the original daoc.. ok gratz . literally the only thing left is unplug the power or let someone else take charge of it.

Malach
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Aug 08, 2018 08:12

Postby Malach » Jul 01, 2020 06:45

Abydos I hope you do get control of the server when Blue quits but I think your 3 or 4 down the list for it... I'd bet you'd make things playable...
also why not just open a second server with what people actually want? Devs would say " because no one would play the original server uthgard 2.0..." but here's the thing . no one plays uthgard2.0 anyway your pop is 60 at the top of the hours and its lower then 10 atm as I type this.

drastic your a scrub I had to give you so much ****** gold to buy wood and siege equipment on alb you don't loot it for yourself you just beg welfares off others... your disgusting.

Malach
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Aug 08, 2018 08:12

Postby Malach » Jul 01, 2020 06:52

enjoy your game, sorry you don't get population over 60 lolz.

sorry only thing looking forward to is unplugging of power cord to server box

User avatar
Abydos
Game Master
Game Master
 
Posts: 6697
Joined: Jan 22, 2011 21:14

Postby Abydos » Jul 01, 2020 07:29

You have some anger in your heart man. Relax and just let it go.

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

Saturday, 04. July 2020

Artwork and screen shots Copyright © 2001-2004 Mythic Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with permission of Mythic Entertainment. Mythic Entertainment, the Mythic Entertainment logo, "Dark Age of Camelot," "Shrouded Isles," "Foundations," "New Frontiers," "Trials of Atlantis," "Catacombs," "Darkness Rising," the Dark Age of Camelot and subsequent logos, and the stylized Celtic knot are trademarks of Mythic Entertainment, Inc.

Valid XHTML & CSS | Original Design by: LernVid.com | Modified by Uthgard Staff