What made you stop playing here?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Roxxor
Gryphon Knight
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Feb 01, 2008 01:00

Postby Roxxor » Jan 10, 2020 15:43

I get your point Raku.
Ofc its weird to see a bard whistle on a harp.
And i have a easy way to fix it.
Remove the drumming and whistle animation and make all musicsongs to play with guitar.
How would be this?

Lets be serious here, bard are a very important class and everybody who know how it is to play a bard can tell you, the switching is not entertaining nor it is necessary.
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
From: Abydos
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

Quik
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Jul 05, 2014 01:43

Postby Quik » Jan 10, 2020 19:34

albeyond wrote:@GMs if you are reading this thread, I will say that some QoL things on the other server that players unanimously love are the account vault, the /train feature (opening up training window from anywhere, when you aren't moving), and craftqueue


This is such a huge thing that has zero impact on the game in a bad way.

Account vault has no impact on RvR in ANY WAY WHATSOEVER and would help crafters and new players in the game. This would be a HUGE boon to the game and I challenge anyone to find a reason it should continue to be left out. Please don't bring up housing as a lot of us HATE the housing in DAoC and will never own one, it's a lousy system.

/train is another huge bonus to the game. How many times have groups broke up because they had to go train and return to a camping spot?!??! Holy crap just type /train and level up and keep enjoying the party with friends. Make the game FUN and this is a huge step in doing that.

/craftque is another thing that just made life better for crafters and saved your mouse or keyboard clicks.

None of these hurt RvR in ANY WAY and none impact PvE in a bad way, yet when brought up in the past Abydos just belittles the ideas calling them stupid and tells people to go to housing.

These 3 things alone would bring some people back, yet the dev's seem to think they are pointless or game breaking.

Raku
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Feb 19, 2017 18:05

Postby Raku » Jan 11, 2020 01:04

@Roxxor
It's not only the animation, like I said, but instead that I found this element of the game challenging and fun. Just a personal opinion, I am aware of the fact that some folks prefer using only one instrument, but I am not on that list of people. It's (almost) like playig a Skald.

User avatar
Ilerget
Phoenix Knight
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Jul 04, 2011 11:54

Postby Ilerget » Jan 11, 2020 18:16

minstrels are not OP enough to make it easier for them?
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

User avatar
fremster
Eagle Knight
 
Posts: 639
Joined: Aug 10, 2010 00:00

Postby fremster » Jan 12, 2020 13:57

I stopped for one main reason - there is no interest to improve the server from the GM team (excluding Aby).

I played Phoenix for a few days after losing my will to log into Uth, and even though that server was not for me, I felt that many of the custom changes, are something people actually like. My conclusion was it would be extremely difficult for these players to return to Uthgard - unless there was no alternative, as the differences are too extreme. I have heard several people say they would return if the numbers were on Uthgard. However, i find that hard to believe in reality. I think they forget how slow and tedious some things can be.

I am personally suprised at how Phoenix has survived, I got that one wrong. I think they are down 75% on their release numbers, but still can hit upto 1000 players.

User avatar
svperstar
Eagle Knight
 
Posts: 637
Joined: May 31, 2012 20:33

Postby svperstar » Jan 14, 2020 20:43

I haven't played on Uthgard since 1.0 back when they shut the server down in 2014. I check the forums periodically tho.

At one point I was on here 8-12 hours a day 7 days a week. That is way too much time playing any game.

When Uthgard 1.0 went down I moved across the country and also played through my backlog of games.

When 2.0 went live I was tempted to join on launch day but this little voice in the back of my mind said "Wait 6 months and see"

Glad I did with all the drama I saw spill out and then the population decline.

I did actually roll on PHX but I have been 100% casual as I refuse to play any video game 8-12 hours a day, haven't been on in months. I'm templated on mid but my Inf doesn't even have a template yet as I have been playing other games.

I think I just kinda got over DAOC, never say never tho.
There will be a group of people out there who will want this realm to be entirely Mythic-like. Exactly like vanilla, drop rates/xp rates, basically everything and you will not be able to please them unless it is exactly like vanilla.

These people have their nostalgia goggles on so tight it's cutting off the bloodflow to their brain and they believe that vanilla was perfect and nothing was wrong with it.


Image
Image

User avatar
Jerrian
Phoenix Knight
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: Jan 21, 2010 01:00

Postby Jerrian » Jan 14, 2020 21:13

fremster wrote:I stopped for one main reason - there is no interest to improve the server from the GM team (excluding Aby).

I played Phoenix for a few days after losing my will to log into Uth, and even though that server was not for me, I felt that many of the custom changes, are something people actually like. My conclusion was it would be extremely difficult for these players to return to Uthgard - unless there was no alternative, as the differences are too extreme. I have heard several people say they would return if the numbers were on Uthgard. However, i find that hard to believe in reality. I think they forget how slow and tedious some things can be.

I am personally suprised at how Phoenix has survived, I got that one wrong. I think they are down 75% on their release numbers, but still can hit upto 1000 players.


Pretty much what Fremster said.

- stopped for one main reason - there is no interest to improve the server from the GM team (excluding Aby)
- lacking of progress to setup the changes, content, bugfixing etc.
- wrong decission to try to make it an strict oldschool classic server

As phx has too much of custom content and Qol, and Uthgard 2 had to less, the best daoc freeshard experience I ever had was Uthgard 1 before the downpatching begun. I still hope some ppl might team up with Blue someday and bring Uth back to glory, but I know this probably might never happen.

User avatar
svperstar
Eagle Knight
 
Posts: 637
Joined: May 31, 2012 20:33

Postby svperstar » Jan 14, 2020 23:16

Jerrian wrote:the best daoc freeshard experience I ever had was Uthgard 1 before the downpatching begun..


Don't even get me started. Logging on everyday to find something else taken from you was annoying.

You used to be able to put poison on swords in your inventory and not equipped. Then someone pointed out how that was added in a later patch so that ability was removed. This was a pure troll move as that individual was open about their disdain for anyone that played stealth classes and the GMS went along with it for no good reason I can see.
There will be a group of people out there who will want this realm to be entirely Mythic-like. Exactly like vanilla, drop rates/xp rates, basically everything and you will not be able to please them unless it is exactly like vanilla.

These people have their nostalgia goggles on so tight it's cutting off the bloodflow to their brain and they believe that vanilla was perfect and nothing was wrong with it.


Image
Image

Cipherr
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Jun 12, 2016 08:06

Postby Cipherr » Jan 15, 2020 01:18

The unrelenting arrogance of the staff.

They never listened. And the final straw drove me away. I forecasted their doom before leaving and now every few months ill come back to laugh at the non-existent population and dance on this places grave for wasting so much of our time.

Even the shills that used to stick up for the horrid staff have quit and gone to play on "that other server" by now; and finally there's nothing left but ash, and a front page that hasn't been updated in a damn year.

I like how as the bottom was falling out of the server, they suddenly started quickly implementing the stuff we had asked for all along, like xp events and the like.... HILARIOUS how those were hard "NO"'s back in the day; but once the failure started to pile up and stink up the place, out comes the compromise.

This was the most poorly handled private server of all time. Across any game and across any genre. No private server has EVER had as much potential as Uthgard 2, and squandered it.

First with the multi year delay, and second with poor management.

Bury this server near the edge of the cemetery, so when we walk our dogs, they can urinate through the fence onto its gravestone.

Galandriel4
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Dec 29, 2017 15:48

Postby Galandriel4 » Jan 15, 2020 01:25

60yo foreveralone virgin strikes back

Stefacle
Guardian
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Dec 01, 2012 17:16

Postby Stefacle » Jan 15, 2020 09:25

No SI made me stop.

This was the biggest draw of Uth2 to me, Classic server with SI. They promised SI would be added after the release of Uth2, so I started playing at Uth2 release with the expectation that SI would come 3-6 months down the road.

When the population started dwindling, and there was no sight of SI coming, I stopped playing.

Still checking forums now and then to see if there is any chance of SI coming, so far not, but if it comes at some point I'll be back playing, regardless of the population. All I want is the SI implementation that they promised for years.

Simple as that.

Shining
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Oct 11, 2017 21:21

Postby Shining » Jan 16, 2020 11:53

Because dead staff, no changes, the amount of time it takes to progress (rvr) and the behavior of enemys that always try to avoid any inc and just want their ****** keep rps!
Image

Valfar
Gryphon Knight
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Jul 26, 2014 12:27

Postby Valfar » Jan 16, 2020 13:53

Stefacle wrote:No SI made me stop.

This was the biggest draw of Uth2 to me, Classic server with SI. They promised SI would be added after the release of Uth2, so I started playing at Uth2 release with the expectation that SI would come 3-6 months down the road.

When the population started dwindling, and there was no sight of SI coming, I stopped playing.

Still checking forums now and then to see if there is any chance of SI coming, so far not, but if it comes at some point I'll be back playing, regardless of the population. All I want is the SI implementation that they promised for years.

Simple as that.


So, PvE content was your motivation to play DAOC? You sure this is the game for you?
Working as intended. It's done when it's done. It's a feature, not a bug. Have no fear kiddies, our think tank in the player council will make Uthgard great again - these men have a 4D Matrix like view of reality, they understand how the universe works and are well known across the globe for finding solutions to problems like massive disease epidemics and starvation and they're currently working on a project to achieve world peace in a matter of months. Again, have no fear, once the world peace is established, these decorated individuals will fix any issues that are currently being discussed in the Council and restore law and order to Uthgard!

User avatar
Wakanidoo
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Oct 01, 2016 18:58

Postby Wakanidoo » Jan 16, 2020 14:40

Quik wrote:Originally it was the horrible xp rate and rigid desire to stay pure classic, but I would come back in a heartbeat if they would just add a shared vault in each capital.

I refuse to use housing and hate it with a passion in this game. Very clunky and just a pain and not something I am interested in.

A shared vault would have absolutely ZERO negative impact and would help everyone including crafters and would help speed up game play, but Abydos has made it clear that I am a moron for not wanting to play how he wants me too so I don't see myself coming back as they will never implement it, according to him.


One major reason i left is the total irrespect of Abydos for players, he insulted me ("Im a jerk", english isnt my natural language, and looking at Jerk in dictionnaries, it appears as an insult in my language; no time to search back in the forum, i let you do this search if you need).
At the launch of the server, i asked for some missing trophies (they are part of the game, and on Live a was a great trophies collector!). Derida asked for pixies, and i asked Genjiro (because Abydos didnt answer my questions) what was needed to make pixies working. As Genjiro told me, i went to live and began hunting with pixies to log everything: all data from fights, dialogues with NPC, all alchemy actions to make potions, all screenshots with all possibles combinations of pixies and so... I invite you to see the thread [url]Here. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28217&start=28[/url]
2 years later... Abydos still sleeping.
I spent time to help on a point in the game, for nothing... just being insulted later.

As said in the first Quote, horrible xp rate, total paranoia to stay frozen at 1.65, zero desire to correct some frequenf bugs ( i think at mobs no longer moving, their pathing is broken; kill tasks items/npc still not working after at least 2 years of complaints from players).

In short, I left because of the total incompetence and laziness (look at the number of posts in the bug tracker that have been attributed to him and for how long he has done nothing) of a GM who insults or openly mocking players and that ultimately is (for me) the main cause of the decline of the server.

Hope my post will not be destroyed in seconds....
We are here to help *you*
Alcyon: UK; Abydos: US; Baldrug: DE; Blue: DE; Cirdan: US; Crucible: US; Decidon: US;
Genjiro: DE; Gnome: US; Juna: DE; Nayru: DE; Trishin: UK; Rajnish: US

The Uthgard Staff are always here!

User avatar
Zetetic
Gryphon Knight
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Jan 15, 2011 01:14

Postby Zetetic » Jan 16, 2020 20:41

The forums xD

(just kidding, I never really quit.)

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 25 guests

Saturday, 19. September 2020

Artwork and screen shots Copyright © 2001-2004 Mythic Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with permission of Mythic Entertainment. Mythic Entertainment, the Mythic Entertainment logo, "Dark Age of Camelot," "Shrouded Isles," "Foundations," "New Frontiers," "Trials of Atlantis," "Catacombs," "Darkness Rising," the Dark Age of Camelot and subsequent logos, and the stylized Celtic knot are trademarks of Mythic Entertainment, Inc.

Valid XHTML & CSS | Original Design by: LernVid.com | Modified by Uthgard Staff