Solo minstrel in Caledonia

Uthgard related videos
Euca
Guardian

Postby Euca » Jun 10, 2018 21:09

Hey,
I´m trying to learn solo minstrel. Here my first attempt. Advice and critique is always welcome.
Greets
Euca

Xfreakish
Myrmidon

Postby Xfreakish » Jun 13, 2018 16:18

fun little vid, only critique, is maybe save ur stun for casters quickcast.
minst have many rupts. can force a quickcast easy.

see ya out there
<Rage Quit>
Stresser-Healer
Potatopeeler - Warrior
Whysohappy - upcoming rm
My channel - Various Povs )

Tohu
Myrmidon

Postby Tohu » Jun 13, 2018 20:26

2:35 Fight: withdraw that sword before using your pot! :D

2:50 Fight: Always start mezzing, and shot your DD before the end of the cast while running to a target. Then the target will be hurt and mezzed and you'll be waiting for your DD CDs. Then DD+Stun and finish it.

4:15 Fight: Rush a BD is a cocky call, you may have tried to use the same technique as against your other Mage+Pet targets, mezz him first, mezz his pets then, and finally attack.

Overall, try to do not dump that stun, but keep it when you feel it will change the fight. You usually smash it after the mezz while your target are not even looking at you yet.

Quick question: When are you playing? I never see anybody in Caledonia. :\
Looking for a DAoC 1.65 classic server.
Uth-Two: Nightshade <Lonely Teddy Bear> - Minstrel/Paladin <One Man Army> - Runemaster <TEAM AMERICA>
Genesis: Bard/Eldritch/Nightshade <Rainbow Unicorns> - Minstrel/Friar <Original Gamers>
Uth-One: Bard/Eldritch/Nightshade <The Covenant> - Shaman/Runemaster/Shadowblade <BabyBoyZ>

soddin
Gryphon Knight

Postby soddin » Jun 14, 2018 02:49

what 3rd party program you using that has that 1 square in the middle of your screen that twists your pet charm and your run speed for you?

ScurBurg
Guardian

Postby ScurBurg » Jun 14, 2018 03:08

Nice way to passive aggressively accuse someone.

That is not "twisting" for him. Its simply a chant box as far as I can tell. It just shows which chant/spell he has active at the time, which on a minstrel is very useful and in no way cheating.

Euca
Guardian

Postby Euca » Jun 14, 2018 19:19

Many thanks for all the advices. I´ll try to keep my stun now. Really helpful.
I usually play weekdays in the evening CET.

Greets
Euca

PoisonClovers
Warder

Postby PoisonClovers » Jun 14, 2018 20:18

only thing I seen is you take awhile to get your weapons out, try setting a keyboard setting for 1h like insert key and 2 hand (instrument) like home key or something. flawless swapping.

use your confuse for emergency interrupts which I think I saw you doing and always dd,dd before mez. nothing better then starting a fight with a hurt person mezd and the you can break the mez again with another round of dds while engaging.

overall you do pretty well.

Return to Videos