should i use purple gear?

Tutorials, general information about DAoC and useful links.
Ficus
Warder

Postby Ficus » Jan 20, 2017 21:48

i am an infil level 9. i was kindly gifted full enchnted purple armor + 2 purple stilettos.

should i wear all of it or wait for it to become red/orange? i am asking because i know that high level gear degrades faster. from an online article (which i cannot link due to forum spam restriction) i understand i should use purple armor, let it stay at 70% condition, and when it is orange to me repair it. is it correct?

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Jan 20, 2017 21:54

you will destroy them very fast, I'll wait until it is orange to you

EDIT: in tutorials forum? really? :roll:
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Ficus
Warder

Postby Ficus » Jan 20, 2017 23:40

Ilerget wrote:you will destroy them very fast, I'll wait until it is orange to you

yeah but if i keep them at 70 quality (they don't go lower than this) it is still a decent armor until it becomes orange, isnt't it?

this forum description (which is in the support section) is: "Tutorials, general information about DAoC and useful links". i checked the other subforum, but there are only technical issue threads, so i thought this was the correct forum. if it isn't, just move the thread to the correct forum, thank you.

Halma
Myrmidon

Postby Halma » Jan 21, 2017 10:40

Ficus wrote:
Ilerget wrote:you will destroy them very fast, I'll wait until it is orange to you

yeah but if i keep them at 70 quality (they don't go lower than this) it is still a decent armor until it becomes orange, isnt't it?

this forum description (which is in the support section) is: "Tutorials, general information about DAoC and useful links". i checked the other subforum, but there are only technical issue threads, so i thought this was the correct forum. if it isn't, just move the thread to the correct forum, thank you.

If it drops to 70% it will lose +skill, the other bonuses should work. It will lose its abilitiy to absorb hits though, which is quite devastating for a melee character.

Thats how it worked i think.

Sent from mobile device
<Kavar Grunas Bar> - Midgard
For the old ones among us: formerly Avalon/Mid <Frostbringer> (2002-2004)

Return to Tutorials