Learning multiple tradeskills?

Tutorials, general information about DAoC and useful links.
raydric
Warder

Postby raydric » Jan 13, 2017 18:53

So, resident bloody beginner at it again. I learned tailoring and heard spellcrafting allows you to imbue magical effects into your gear. My idea is of course craft my own fancy robes and imbue it. There's just a catch it appears.

The spellcrafters master npc just won't talk to me. What am I doing wrong? Is there a level restriction to learning a secondary trade skill?

Samirane
Eagle Knight

Postby Samirane » Jan 13, 2017 18:59

a full 2. tradeskill is only possible on a seperate skill i think, if you want to have just a few points in spellcrafting (my opinion wasted money) you can just put the icon on your bar and craft. But you cannot get legendary on ONE char with more then one tradeskill on old classic daoc. i am pretty sure, that uthgard will go for the old system
Langsam und stetig ernährt sich das Murmeltier

WishYouWereHere

raydric
Warder

Postby raydric » Jan 13, 2017 19:03

Samirane wrote:a full 2. tradeskill is only possible on a seperate skill i think,

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by that.

And I don't know any of the systems as I am trying crafting for the first time in DaoC. By bloody beginner, I really mean I am a bloody beginner.

And I have no spellcrafting under my tradeskills, nothing I can drag on any bar.

When attempting to talk to the spellcrafting npc, she only tells me "I am not your trade master." I'm a level 7 Eldritch, if that matters?

Cirdan
Eagle Knight

Postby Cirdan » Jan 13, 2017 19:23

Hi, I think most of the information you need is here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20031203014432/http://www.camelotherald.com/tradeskills/

In short, as a tailor you cannot do any Spellcrafting.

You could either make a second character to do Spellcrafting (see tables in link above for which classes can be a spellcrafter) or you could work with another player to spell craft your gear.

Spell crafting is a bit complicated but for a general overview:

Armor/Weapons that are crafted have X imbue points. X is affected by item level and quality.
Spellcrafters make gems that have a imbue cost. This cost scales depending on the type of bonus and the tier (amount of bonus) of the gem.
You can imbue up to 4 gems into an item.
You can OC (over charge) an item, meaning that you put more imbue points in than the item has. However by doing this you have a chance to explode, killing you and destroying the item and gems. This chance can be reduced by using better quality gems, which is what almost everyone does @ level 50 when making their templates.

raydric
Warder

Postby raydric » Jan 13, 2017 19:32

Cirdan wrote:Hi, I think most of the information you need is here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20031203014432/http://www.camelotherald.com/tradeskills/

In short, as a tailor you cannot do any Spellcrafting.

You could either make a second character to do Spellcrafting (see tables in link above for which classes can be a spellcrafter) or you could work with another player to spell craft your gear.

Spell crafting is a bit complicated but for a general overview:

Armor/Weapons that are crafted have X imbue points. X is affected by item level and quality.
Spellcrafters make gems that have a imbue cost. This cost scales depending on the type of bonus and the tier (amount of bonus) of the gem.
You can imbue up to 4 gems into an item.
You can OC (over charge) an item, meaning that you put more imbue points in than the item has. However by doing this you have a chance to explode, killing you and destroying the item and gems. This chance can be reduced by using better quality gems, which is what almost everyone does @ level 50 when making their templates.

Thank you, that helps me a lot.

And the exploding part made me chuckle for a moment. :P

Guess I'll make a second character for spell crafting then. A less topic related question to that, if I may, is there a way to get crafted items to the other character (the spellcrafter) through some in-game means and back to my eldritch? Like is there a account shared vault or something?

Cirdan
Eagle Knight

Postby Cirdan » Jan 13, 2017 20:10

raydric wrote: is there a way to get crafted items to the other character (the spellcrafter) through some in-game means and back to my eldritch? Like is there a account shared vault or something?

if you buy a house you can put a house vault in it, which all your alts will be able to access. Otherwise there is no shared account vault.

raydric
Warder

Postby raydric » Jan 13, 2017 22:33

Cirdan wrote:
raydric wrote: is there a way to get crafted items to the other character (the spellcrafter) through some in-game means and back to my eldritch? Like is there a account shared vault or something?

if you buy a house you can put a house vault in it, which all your alts will be able to access. Otherwise there is no shared account vault.

Alright, thank you!

Ficus
Warder

Postby Ficus » Jan 21, 2017 11:00

i am an infiltrator. from a moneywise point of view (i have no farm toon) should i:

- increase alchemy for poisons
- increase tailor for leather armor
- do nothing of the above and simply buy stuff from npc/other players

?

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Jan 21, 2017 19:50

Ficus wrote:i am an infiltrator. from a moneywise point of view (i have no farm toon) should i:

- increase alchemy for poisons
- increase tailor for leather armor
- do nothing of the above and simply buy stuff from npc/other players

?

with alchemy you can make money selling potions (buff, endo, etc)
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Ryan_Stevens
Warder

Postby Ryan_Stevens » Jan 10, 2018 08:03

Thanks for the guidance friend its really helpful.

Return to Tutorials