[Midgard] LvL 1-5 in ~ 1 hour

Tutorials, general information about DAoC and useful links.
QeoSereai
Gryphon Knight

Postby QeoSereai » Jan 11, 2017 06:14

To be true 1 - 5 can be pain if you have no clue, but i have done 6 of my twinks to 5 now, so its possible, at least in mid, if you have a routine.

My advice to any Midguardian is to get your lvl 1 chars to Haggerfel and bind there (if you want to play a class that starts far away just roll a kobold shammi thats start there and get yourself money for horse in ~ 1 hour, its worth it).

There you have 2 lvl 1 quests and tasks nearby. So take both quests, and /whisper task to the questgiver right in front of Haggerfell entrance. Now do the quests and the task. Rightklick the taskgiver to get your reward, after this turn in the quests.
Now do the 2 tasks for level 2.
You now should be at level 3, so do the 3 tasks for level 3. If you are Kobi take the Hellen quest (Letter to Eagan). After this go for mularn, take the bolli quest, buy yourself a nice weapon for 4-5 silver (you should have enough money from the tasks). Do the bolly quest. If you walked to haggerfell take the Eagan quest (letter to Hellen),

Now turn in the bolli quest, and if you are kobi turn in the Hellen quest. Buy yourself a starter armor if you haven´t one yet from drops.
If you are any other race go back to Haggerfell (or wipe you there, you bound there right?) and turn in the Eagan quest. Kobis can stay in Mularn, Taskgiver there is right in front of jordheim gates.

Now do the 4 tasks for level 4. You should now be level 4 8 and a bit bubbles. Kill 3-5 blue mobs.

E voila, you are level 5.

Go to Jordheim, take your profession, and your trainers gift. Enjoy the grind from now on.

If you want, do the 5 tasks for level 5 at Jordheim gates Mularn, it´s either Huldu Hunter or Wood Eater Worker, which both are not far. Gives you 6 extra bubbles.

This way it takes ~1 hour from 1 - 5, doable with any class solo. In groups you can be even faster.

Edit: And remember, you won´t loose anything through dying at this levels, so if you can´t find your taskmob just die and take a new one.
Qeo - Pac Heal
Fearegrim - Aug Sham
Thuardo - Warrior
Vobaldt - Sup BD
Scirious - SB
Saemuel - Sup SM
Rodgrodog - Thane
Throelin - Aug Heal
Rodhen - Bersi
Jeridian - Skald

Squared
Warder

Postby Squared » Jan 12, 2017 21:32

Pretty close to what I do. This goes even faster if you save those two level 1 quests for level 3 since tasks for 3 give little xp. Once you finish the Mularn quests, you can use Jord to zone over to Vasu and pick up two quests there (sword users get a nice weapon there). When you hit level 4, you can pick up two more quests from Tric and the guy who wants you to kill the escaped thralls outside of town down the road. Level 4 goes real fast: kill task target, kill three thralls, kill Gib, turn everything in and you ding 5 instantly only doing a single task.

You walk out with a Jewel, Bracer, Magic Sword (if you're a sword user and want it), Magic Pants, enough silver to get the rest of your armor and horse ticket anywhere you want to go.

As a bonus, after I hit level 5 and pickup my class, I run to Audliten and pick up the tomte bracer quest there to get a magic chest piece so I don't have to buy one saving more silver.

Happy hunting.

Sakimoto
Myrmidon

Postby Sakimoto » Jan 12, 2017 22:11

You get a sword from Bollis quest. Im fine sharing this now since Ive gotten all my alts past this level range lol.

But when you grab Bollis quest, he sends you to kill a Huldu to get his skinning knife. Well that skinning knife is an equippable 1h sword that's like 2.7 dps and 100%QUA.

Equip it if you can use swords and use it to kill mobs all the way to level 5 or even 6 without having to spend coin on a weapon. The quest requires you to turn in the weapon to advance to the next step of the quest however. So... After you kill the Huldu and get the 1h sword, Go to your quest log and Abandon the quest. Equip bollis Knife that's still in your inventory and REACQUIRE the quest. You can then kill a second Huldu and get ANOTHER one. Turn the second one in to advance the quest, but keep the first one equipped. It's a great 100%QUA weapon perfect to keep you killing until level 6.

The only caveat is the sword is a 'quest item' so it cannot be repaired. But you won't be using it long enough for that to matter. At level 5 you will be ready to buy a vendor weapon or something anyway.

Return to Tutorials