[Builder] Unofficial Uthgard Character Builder

Tutorials, general information about DAoC and useful links.
HulkGris
Phoenix Knight

Postby HulkGris » Jan 07, 2017 01:20

I'm proud to present my own version of a DAoC Character Builder for Uthgard : http://genuapp.appspot.com/char/

Including all GR info for all styles.
90% of the style data came from tests ingame done by myself in last weeks of beta, with some help from Zintair (thx) for Hibernia.

There's still some fix to do on spells (not fully 1.65 compliant). Feel free to report any error in this thread or by PM.
RIP : Ectoplasme
My own version of Uthgard Character Builder

Ganaka
Myrmidon

Postby Ganaka » Jan 23, 2017 23:24

Nightshade missing CD and nuke info. Ranger missing Bow info.

wla
Gryphon Knight

Postby wla » Jan 25, 2017 16:04

hey,

i like your work. keep it up!

however, some possible improvements:
- sorcerer does not have group pom; only single pom (mind 37 & 47 therefore not existing - please correct me when im wrong?)
- it takes hours to add stat points; sth seems to be wrong there
- i'd love to see how much points i have to put in Augmented Acuity to be able to skill the dependant RAs (Serenity, Mastery of the Art, etc.)
- i'd also like to see, what exactly my RAs do (e.g. how much dexterity do I get from aug dex 3, how much castspeed from master of art 4 etc.)

Don't argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

HulkGris
Phoenix Knight

Postby HulkGris » Jan 26, 2017 02:49

Ganaka wrote:Nightshade missing CD and nuke info. Ranger missing Bow info.

Fixed.
Bow was missing for all realms.

Thx for report.
wla wrote:- sorcerer does not have group pom; only single pom (mind 37 & 47 therefore not existing - please correct me when im wrong?)

True -> Group pom removed for sorcerer.
wla wrote:- it takes hours to add stat points; sth seems to be wrong there

There's two [+] button. One add 1 points, the other add 5 points. Not fast enough ? What do you suggest ? A slidebar would be nice, but hard to include in this interface :|
wla wrote:- i'd love to see how much points i have to put in Augmented Acuity to be able to skill the dependant RAs (Serenity, Mastery of the Art, etc.)
- i'd also like to see, what exactly my RAs do (e.g. how much dexterity do I get from aug dex 3, how much castspeed from master of art 4 etc.)
I put that in the TODO list :)
Thanks for report.
RIP : Ectoplasme
My own version of Uthgard Character Builder

wla
Gryphon Knight

Postby wla » Jan 26, 2017 15:00

HulkGris wrote:

There's two [+] button. One add 1 points, the other add 5 points. Not fast enough ? What do you suggest ? A slidebar would be nice, but hard to include in this interface :|

there are 2 [+] buttons for specc lines, but not for stat points (strength, dexterity, etc.). the buttons for specc line work smooth; the ones for stat points are "lagging"

Don't argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Ganaka
Myrmidon

Postby Ganaka » Jan 26, 2017 15:10

wla wrote:
HulkGris wrote:

there are 2 [+] buttons for specc lines, but not for stat points (strength, dexterity, etc.). the buttons for specc line work smooth; the ones for stat points are "lagging"

You designate which attributes are primary, secondary, and tertiary, so it's not that big of a deal. Keeping the mouse over the + and clicking several times doesn't work very quickly.

Liss
Eagle Knight

Postby Liss » Jan 26, 2017 21:42

I like that you have included for most of the spells the base magic type.

This might be a bit too much to ask, but there is one thing I used in another builder that I miss.
If I set a sorc to level 50, and I want to fiddle around with specs, then I have to use the + to either increase/decrease by 1 or 5.

Would it be possible to make it so that when you clicked on a spec spell it would train that line to that point?

Say I wanted to put enough points into Body for the yellow aoe root Greater Body Lock.
To do this I would click the 39 number (when you hover over it it shows Greater Body Lock), if I had enough spare points left it would train 39 in body for me, if I didn't have enough it would dump all my remaining points into body.
It would work the other way around too. If I clicked 1 (Lesser Mind Jolt), it would remove all my points into body above level 1 and put them back in my skill points pool.

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Feb 13, 2017 10:13

Could you add some info about the Purchasable Class Specific RAs?

Also it would be nice to put on a side the defensive stats based on stats, build (at least), for example:
Unbuffed Defensive Stats
Evasion Rate: 0%
Parry Rate: 5%
Block Rate: 32%

Capped SC'ed Defensive (for each level)
Parry Rate: 8%
Block Rate: 35%

Buff-Capped Defensive Stats (for each level)
Parry Rate: 8%
Block Rate: 35%

SC'ed & Buff Capped Defensive Stats (for each level)
Parry Rate: 12%
Block Rate: 38%

Or maybe a better way to do it is to add a button at the top-left that checks for:
SC capped (y/n)
Buff capped (y/n)
both independent.

[EDIT] It would also be nice to incorporate a weapon speed calculator (just selecting the haste %, celerity % and weapon speed)
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

danever2
Warder

Postby danever2 » Apr 24, 2017 18:09

nice - thanks for the work.
In order to use that one I would like to see that contrast of those spells I have already chosen is not dark blue on black because I can not see this ... but something else...(red?) Thanks (tested on a win7 machine)

Gokex
Warder

Postby Gokex » Apr 26, 2017 16:39

On Blunt styles (BM) - level 12 style Impact says followup is Unstoppable Force, but level 21 Unstoppable Force says opener is Side Bash. Thanks for this!
<Neartmhor>

patouch
Myrmidon

Postby patouch » May 14, 2017 14:10

Thanks for the great work!

Would that be possible in any way to save a spec? Writing the info into a cookie or through a unique link to make it shareable?

Lurker
Gryphon Knight

Postby Lurker » May 24, 2017 20:45

HulkGris...

I'm trying to get hold of your via Direct Message on this forum...
I notice you havent read the message yet, so thought i would pop a message here incase it prompts you to check your message. ;)

Perhaps you just dont log onto the forums that often.

Cheers,

L

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Jul 22, 2017 11:23

It bothers me that is does not get fixed:

On your char builder, the SCOUT has a wrong race: Avalonian cannot become scout, but Highlander instead! 8)
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Sinush
Warder

Postby Sinush » Jul 26, 2017 10:51

Highlanders can't be chosen building a scout, which is wrong: Highlanders can choose to become a scout.
Scout in the rank of a Master Scout of the Defenders of Albion
Adventurer
Explorer
Legendary Fletcher
Lover

shade
Eagle Knight

Postby shade » Jul 26, 2017 21:00

Could you name the two [+] and [-] buttons [+1] and [+5] etc. ?

I always kept mixing them up on Nixians version and that was quite annoying :)
“DAOC is not about what you can log. It's about what you can play :> ”

Uthgard 1.0: <Die Lettanten> Ivia - 8L8 Nightshade - Lone Enforcer since 8L1.
Uthgard 2.0: <Illuminated Stormriders> Oxy - Hero; Ivia - Nightshade.

Next

Return to Tutorials