Lets talk about a Chatgard

Tutorials, general information about DAoC and useful links.
Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Dec 22, 2016 12:52

Hi. In loss of a Realmwide chat and the consequence the player need to organize theirself, i want to talk about a extern chatroom for all 3 Realms, where they can make their sell/buy orders, or organize Raids and RvR-Groups and Zergs. And the possibility is, to switch into another Realmchat and ask for enemys for RvR or to meet in a BG to get the first RA´s.
I think this would be a really helpfull tool to push the Uthgard-Community.
The setup would no big deal, just a phpbb3-board enhanced with the Chat-Tool Ajax.
If i get good reflections here, i would build this Tool till 6th of january.

Best Regards

Ghandi xD
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Dec 22, 2016 12:56

https://uthgard.org/irc

But remember our rules still apply regarding arranged RvR fights etc.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Dec 22, 2016 13:04

Intentional cooperation of players between different realms is not allowed. This includes arranged duels and realm point farming.

Thanks for response!

Two Questions:
1. Cooperation´s like to break the running 1vs1 and kill the adding player together, reg up and start again with the 1vs1?

2. Is it allowed to wrote into the IRC: "Hey 8 Hibs running through Odins", or "we´re looking for enemy´s in Hadrian"?

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Dec 22, 2016 15:35

It is always case dependent and you will not get a straight answer to your question.
Regarding the realm chat, just open a chat grp ig when you log in and invite everyone to join it. After a few days everyone will know about it and join if they want. ; )

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Dec 22, 2016 16:07

pweet wrote:It is always case dependent and you will not get a straight answer to your question.
Regarding the realm chat, just open a chat grp ig when you log in and invite everyone to join it. After a few days everyone will know about it and join if they want. ; )

Thanks for response!
Why are there rules, if it is anytime depending in the single case? This is not how rules be. Rules need to be able to get read and understanded by everyone, and everybody is able to count on the rules and need to know how they get construed and where the edge to the prohibited act is.
I cannot believe, that never asked a Player about the IRC for INC by his/her enemys.

And the IRC is a very good way, but i (the community) need clear rules which messages are prohibited and which are allowed.
I can´t believe, i am the first one, which is interessted in the rule to arranged fights about IRC or Uthgard.TS or extern TS.

------------------

Return to Tutorials