(my) LOKI Tutorial

Tutorials, general information about DAoC and useful links.
toaky
Gryphon Knight

Postby toaky » Jun 06, 2016 21:04

this is the link to a LOKI tutorial I made a while ago. if you dont know what LOKI is its a spellcrafting program that calculates your spellcraft for you. how good of a template it comes up with depends on the items you give it as well as how you set it up before hand. i dont care about opinions saying that 'X spellcrafting program is better, LOKI sucks!' this is a tutorial for LOKI, not a debate. (and i have also yet to see a template that LOKI cant make BETTER given the same items, the only time this might be the case is if you already have a full cap template with no overcharge on any of your items...)

this tutorial covers most of the basics that you might need to know, but does not cover everything. the best way to truly learn something is to figure it out on your own.

please note that the item database linked from 'that other server' contains items from SI as well as some other items that uthgard wont have. its up to you to make sure your own items and stats are correct!

here is the link: http://imgur.com/a/0JPEP

Ecati - 50 Cleric, Leg SCer - Deleted

Capass7x1
Myrmidon

Postby Capass7x1 » Jun 08, 2016 21:18

toaky wrote: how good of a template it comes up with depends on the items you give it as well as how you set it up before hand. i dont care about opinions saying that 'X spellcrafting program is better, LOKI sucks!' this is a tutorial for LOKI, not a debate.

amen! thanks for sharing this

udsevenzz
Warder

Postby udsevenzz » Feb 21, 2017 15:49

Thank you, does it matter which version of Loki you use?

[EDIT]

Well 1.4 crashes and 2.52 doesn't install on Windows 10, luckily 2.0 works.

Selinde
Myrmidon

Postby Selinde » Feb 23, 2017 02:36

I tried all versions (1.4, 2.0 and 2.52) for some time / templates. I'm using 1.4 for now, it has the best UI for me.

- Oracle results were fine on every version
- Those 2.0+ versions are way slower to calibrate through the new UI
- On 2.0+ the IP points of craftet armor sets doesn't have to correct value so you have to reduce all item levels to ~45 every time by yourself
- On 2.0+ the oracle always automatically uses +ALL magic / melee / archery stones which are not available on Uthagrd 2.0 - so you have to tell every crafet armor slot to ignore that stone

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Feb 23, 2017 14:49

Good effort. Also keep in mind that Loki has a very good step by step tutorial. Invest an hour or two and you will be able to use it at its best.

toaky
Gryphon Knight

Postby toaky » Feb 23, 2017 20:34

Selinde wrote:I tried all versions (1.4, 2.0 and 2.52) for some time / templates. I'm using 1.4 for now, it has the best UI for me.

- Oracle results were fine on every version
- Those 2.0+ versions are way slower to calibrate through the new UI
- On 2.0+ the IP points of craftet armor sets doesn't have to correct value so you have to reduce all item levels to ~45 every time by yourself
- On 2.0+ the oracle always automatically uses +ALL magic / melee / archery stones which are not available on Uthagrd 2.0 - so you have to tell every crafet armor slot to ignore that stone

as a note that is not the case for version 2.0, it does use the correct imbue points for uthgard

udsevenzz
Warder

Postby udsevenzz » Feb 25, 2017 02:13

Selinde wrote:- On 2.0+ the oracle always automatically uses +ALL magic / melee / archery stones which are not available on Uthagrd 2.0 - so you have to tell every crafet armor slot to ignore that stone

If you set Unwanted Bonuses + all magic and don't consider Focus the oracle will not add it.

bm01
Gryphon Knight

Postby bm01 » Mar 01, 2017 15:06

It would be great if you could remove the part telling how to bypass the trial, as a developer this ****** me off.

udsevenzz
Warder

Postby udsevenzz » Mar 02, 2017 12:39

bm01 wrote:It would be great if you could remove the part telling how to bypass the trial, as a developer this ****** me off.

Version 2.0 has unlimited oracle runs for me, didn't touch a thing.

Echoic
Warder

Postby Echoic » Mar 16, 2017 20:07

udsevenzz wrote:
Selinde wrote:- On 2.0+ the oracle always automatically uses +ALL magic / melee / archery stones which are not available on Uthagrd 2.0 - so you have to tell every crafet armor slot to ignore that stone

If you set Unwanted Bonuses + all magic and don't consider Focus the oracle will not add it.

Even though I am telling EVERY slot to ignore +1 All magic, this is still happening in LOKI. does anyone have an answer to this? I have done it on every piece of armor and weapon that needs to be crafted. I am at a loss now.

toaky
Gryphon Knight

Postby toaky » Mar 22, 2017 02:11

Echoic wrote:
udsevenzz wrote:

Even though I am telling EVERY slot to ignore +1 All magic, this is still happening in LOKI. does anyone have an answer to this? I have done it on every piece of armor and weapon that needs to be crafted. I am at a loss now.

are you making a temp for a caster? and if so are you having it consider focus on the staff? (even if you place the focus on there yourself?)

if so remove the focus from consideration and it should work fine

StriKe_jk
Warder

Postby StriKe_jk » Jun 16, 2017 15:16

I wish they would unlock the platinum version after so many years, or at least make it cheaper. 25$ is just to much, well, or to be fair I'm not getting paid enough to justify that :-P

England
Gryphon Knight

Postby England » Nov 08, 2017 07:16

same. a key or crack.....
mfg England

Celteen
Alerion Knight

Postby Celteen » Mar 09, 2018 14:03

Anyone can pm me a hibernia item database? :)
<<< This avatar is handmade by Inotor Wurzelbert : )
Check out the Mampfer-Threads for more.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25079
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26934

Violette
Warder

Postby Violette » Oct 13, 2018 16:38

Did you find an item database for Hibernia Celteen ?
Joueur à temps partiel

Uth 1.0 : Violette(until 2011) - Detraqueuse - Barbouille - Fraise - Missteigne

Uth 2.0 : Rusard - Mauvaise - Barbouille - Fraise - Missteigne

Retrouvez-nous sur : http://www.uthexa.fr/

Next

Return to Tutorials