The Healer Guide to Uthgards World Domination ver 0.1

Tutorials, general information about DAoC and useful links.
Plok
Gryphon Knight

Postby Plok » Jun 10, 2013 10:37

This is the only way to go as a pac healer! The good old live spec! :D

38 Pacification
33 Mending
19 Augmentation

Barlox
Eagle Knight

Postby Barlox » Jun 10, 2013 10:56

I prefere a 47 Pac specced Healer in my grp, but I dont want to start a new discussion :) :)

Xacrag
Phoenix Knight

Postby Xacrag » Jun 10, 2013 11:03

For the all mighty RED Insta AE Mezz , which is 5 Seconds longer then the yellow :D.

With 0 Aug, and secondary buffs, aswell as your healing(if u have to) suxx?

So mix this with your Trispec Healer and you have the perfect how to NOT do it Team.

Seriously you come from Live don´t you? How u can think this works on Uthgard (versus decent groups).

You either run in an Alb-Push Group where your Insta AE Mezz won´t help or or or.

But yeah HF, and ignore all hints and suggestions from guys who r playing for a long time here.
[R]Bloodwyne wrote:10p wer xacrag zum heulen bringt

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Jun 10, 2013 11:03

47Pac is even worth than ur spec

shintari
Gryphon Knight

Postby shintari » Jun 10, 2013 11:05

Xacrag wrote:
shintari wrote:valid point, most people here discuss classes/setups with an idealistic and not pragmatic perspective.

I missed your Comments <3, already waited. And you should be one of the guys who know what im talking about huh?

well your whole previous post just proves my point. everything sounds about right.everyone will agree with your points. but "it is not your job" is what applies to a group where everyone actually does his job. but in pure pugs, you sometimes just have to be pragmatic about certain things. there is a saying (not sure if someone actually said it): implementing a mediocre strategy perfectly is better than screwing up implementing a perfect strategy.

all your tipps are coming with the perspective of things working out the way they are supposed to work. i used to give tipps like that as well. you'll come to the point where you'll recognize the ignorance in such advice.

an example? tell casual mid-pugs to run full tankgroups with sos and aotg is pragmatic. its easy to play and will help them to beat other pugs. running more complex setups is cool on paper but will make you lose to other pugs as well. they will not stand a chance vs. decent setgroups anyway.

i remember you running in a pug. i would give you qc earthpet every 30 seconds and you would be devasted after the fight, complaining about the group not clearing your pets. it was a pure tankgroup. perfect world advice didnt apply here. not a single root was given that day. :oops:

Xacrag
Phoenix Knight

Postby Xacrag » Jun 10, 2013 11:22

Well what kind of advice you give then?

Getting Moc on Healers and Shaman, and just MoC in PuG´s :D?

Beeing pragmatic is ok for someone, for me it isn´t.

I want a perfect World and a perfect RvR Group :D, nothing else.

So everyone need to stick to the Plan.

Barlox
Eagle Knight

Postby Barlox » Jun 10, 2013 11:29

Xacrag wrote:
But yeah HF, and ignore all hints and suggestions from guys who r playing for a long time here.

No worries I am not ignoring any hint neither in this thread nor in the template section. As I wrote, I respecced to 39 Mend After Reading your Comments. I Never played Pac, so the Comment was more of a joke than serious.

I noticed the huge difference between live and uthgard. Especially when I looped back to get in Position and always was like 50-100 Locs too far away :) I miss spell Range.

I still got 2 more questions directed to the Augheals:

1. 39 Mend or 40 Mend (is the rezz worth losing some resists?)
2. do you really the lvl 33 spec Heal? If so how much dex are you runnin to get a decent cast Speed?

Xacrag
Phoenix Knight

Postby Xacrag » Jun 10, 2013 11:45

To your questions:

39 Mend / 37 Aug vs 40 Mend / 36 Aug

Means overall Yellow Energy Resist or 100% Rezz, well there is no point to discuss about it, tbh.

You don´t need the 100% Rezz(only for Rezz RPS), i tried both spec´s and yeah, having 8% more Energy Resists is in my opinion way better then having 100% Rezz( you´ll have 2x PR atleast 1 x PR anyway).

TO the second point, well i played both roles here on Uthgard, more Pac then Aug tbh but still.

I´ll use it aus Aug very often, since you have the Time(if there is no 3 Man Assist w/o guard on a target) to do it. Still keep in mind, you can get interrupt easily, because castspeed is very slow. As an Pac mostly using fastspecheals(if i have to heal).

If im Aughealer i have buffed 290 Dex as Dwarf with Dex II and selfdex,selfcharge d/q (3 better then yellow d/q + can´t get sheared).

If im Pachealer i have buffed 7 less Dex with my own selfdex- 33Mend/19Aug/38Pac Spec(i don´t take dex from the aug, 7 less dex all over the fight are more worth then get sheared and don´t have basedex, scream for rebuff or rebuff it yourself, still not worth. With other Specs like 31/0/44 you will have ofc less dex if u buff yourself dex(RR9 helps here also to come closer to the cap).

shintari
Gryphon Knight

Postby shintari » Jun 10, 2013 12:25

Xacrag wrote:Well what kind of advice you give then?

for instance, that that tri-spec can be actally a really good idea. especially if you are 49 and in thid (like barlox) i can imagine that having a pac and a tri-spec healer in group will give you more benefits than running a pac + pure aug healer.

just consider the context - casual pugs, sometimes only 1 healer, low det tanks, someone playing his healer the first time so better have a backup. same applies to pug rvr in odins, in my opinion. i mean check out dottors movies. woulndt you love to have at least some kind of backup cc if you were the aug healer in that group. :D

Xacrag
Phoenix Knight

Postby Xacrag » Jun 10, 2013 14:34

Well as i already told trispec with 29 Pac will never be any good idea.

Luydor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Luydor » Jun 18, 2013 13:34

Heho,

I would avoid to spec that tri spec, the important spells in the pac line are mostly to low that they really have an effect, just giving immunity to your enemys. The Aug Linie is not bad and the healing is good. Overall I would say it is better to get some great spells of a linie instead all, with a low level. In a two heal setup you will missing important things, in a thress healer setup, there really nothing you get from that spec.

Im my opinion 40 mend, isn't a good idea. The 100% is great, but in 8vs8 the difference between 50% and 100% won't have that great effect of the fight, in the most cases.
On the other side you lose some energy resis, which are really important. The Source AoE Mezz is energy and some roots have as dmg type energy.
In Zerg fights, it can be better to have 100% rezz instead of resis, because here cc isn't so important and you have many ppl to rezz.

The 33 heal is not that easy to use, but it is worth to train it. You can combine the slow and the fast heal. Reading the fight is very important for healing, if you see dmg before it is done, you can start the heal when your grpmate is still 100%.

Greetz Luydor

Barlox
Eagle Knight

Postby Barlox » Jun 18, 2013 15:56

Well I tested the lvl33 Heal and I use it more often. Its a nice way to save some power.

I had to adjust my playstyle more than I thought when I came here. As far as I noticed by watching my fraps-material I failed in a few Situation where Spread actually became the best option. (Were it wouldnt be on€

So I guess I still need some time to adjust to uthgard. But I definitly will stick to 39 Mend.
i

Hagi
Guardian

Postby Hagi » Oct 09, 2013 10:24

Hi there,
are here any PacHealer which can give me some tipps? I played Pachealer long time ago on the Liveserver (rr 10lx) and now come to Uthgard and im pretty unsure about how to specc. When an experienced Pac healer from here can tell me what the best is, that would be great.
Im totally unsure about what way to go:
(Mend/Aug/Pac)
31/x/44
40/x/36
39/4/37
35/15/38
33/19/38
35/19/36
or any other Tipps? I read the thread complete, but i am more confused then before :)

Thank you

Barlox
Eagle Knight

Postby Barlox » Oct 09, 2013 10:32

I guess the most common spec is: 38pac for all instas, 33Heal for the decent greater and major heal and 19aug for first cele and higher value of your own base dex.

Xacrag
Phoenix Knight

Postby Xacrag » Oct 09, 2013 11:25

Just take the spec Barlox mentioned.

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials