The Healer Guide to Uthgards World Domination ver 0.1

Tutorials, general information about DAoC and useful links.
Xacrag
Phoenix Knight

Postby Xacrag » Nov 30, 2012 12:24

Yes i guess so....i had much more resists without MoF then with MoF2 on my Paci, is definitly worth it.

Luydor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Luydor » Nov 30, 2012 13:18

Yes, it is because the pac healer have many speals which are < 45. But the differents between MOF0 and MOF1 the resistchance is small. Someone tested that and wrote about it in the forum. On Inc the differents was like 17% to 16% or 15%. I had myself sometimes MOFI or II, both were worth it, but I would just spec it if you have points left.

Greetz Luydor

halbaag2
Warder

Postby halbaag2 » Jan 06, 2013 10:28

I did not see a section for soloing healers. There are 2 specs for soloers that I am aware of and several RA, charge combinations and weps which allows a healer to solo well. With specs, I believe one is very high aug (highest damage shield), the other is tri spec which includes blue dmg shield, yellow celerity, single insta stun, single insta mezz. The single instas are for moments when insta heals are used up (or another adds) and the enemy has purge down. For RAs, the double hit RA for 20 seconds, as well as bof3, moc2, and purge2. Note that celerity is not depleted or reduced by effects of moc. For charges, dex/qui (red) af (red), and matter dot charges. Dex/qui debuff may be useful for high dex/qui classes such as stealth, but I haven't seen its benefits yet really over a nice matter dot. For weps, a matter proc dot on a MP hammer, as well as life steal on the second hammer. Switch in fights if you can. Sometimes best to just keep up the matter hammer for consistent dot.

For armour, all MP or equivalent. All resists, stats completely capped (not 1% in anything off). Gotta be at your best with a solo healer to beat the best out there. Note: You will lose against most reavers, valewalkers and anything with very high block. Casters should be easy if you carry endo pots and moc amnesia when they moc against you (unless it's got a pet that heals or diseases...shudders. Then you better get a red mezz off...)

Anyways..food for thought.

~The baag

Barlox
Eagle Knight

Postby Barlox » Jun 03, 2013 19:23

I miss my spec in here.

Tri-Spec:

34 Augmentation
31 Mending
29 Pacification

Its a pretty decent spec that provides a lot of utility w/o lacking any important stuff.

Xacrag
Phoenix Knight

Postby Xacrag » Jun 04, 2013 12:08

If u wanna go some like Trispec-go for the 38/33/19 that you have green cele...

I don´t like your spec sorry. Give me some hints why u choose this Spec? Maybe i unterstand it then ^^.

You have like the first Instantmezz/stun but nothing else worthful from the Pacline and you spending 29 Points in it.
[R]Bloodwyne wrote:10p wer xacrag zum heulen bringt

Xedie
Eagle Knight

Postby Xedie » Jun 04, 2013 14:55

First it's 33Aug not 34 (doens't matter anyway, but 34/31/29 won't be possible).

However it depends on what he wants to do with his Healer. For PvE the spec is alright, basically a Aughealer with pom3. But when it comes to RvR this spec is absolutely not worth it. There's 3 options to put that healer into a grp:

a) Replacing Pac Healer

Basically all the points into Aug above 19 would be wasted. You lose a lot of CC potential, you lose pom4, and the only thing you really get out of it is cele3 instead of 1, which in most cases you won't even cast anyway.

b) Replacing Aug Healer

Basically all the points into Pac would be wasted. You lose higher resists, higher self s/c, higher backup speed and slightly better heals and the only thing you get out of it are 2 single instant cc's.

c) Running 3 Healer setup

Basically all the points into pac or aug would be wasted as well.

Barlox
Eagle Knight

Postby Barlox » Jun 04, 2013 20:58

yeah lol 33 aug.

Well beside 2 single instas (which is a nice defense push) you get a 38 sec root and a nice backup AE Mezz (even though its blue, its doesnt get resisted that much).

All you lose is 2x 6% resists, the backup speed (i really dont care if its blue or yellow tbh) and a few hits.. The healpower is still pretty nice, even as main healer.

Its a spec that performs pretty well, and its definitly worth giving it a try ;)

Xacrag
Phoenix Knight

Postby Xacrag » Jun 05, 2013 13:29

besides 2 Instanheals the bigger ones (from 50 to 75) you loose the bigger specheal, the better self str/con.........

Why would you need a blue ae mezz as an "mainhealer" anyway?

_Oglop_
Phoenix Knight

Postby _Oglop_ » Jun 05, 2013 13:57

Clearly knows what he's doing.
"It's not fair unless I'm winning!"

Xacrag
Phoenix Knight

Postby Xacrag » Jun 10, 2013 08:51

Barlox wrote:yeah lol 33 aug.

Well beside 2 single instas (which is a nice defense push) you get a 38 sec root and a nice backup AE Mezz (even though its blue, its doesnt get resisted that much).

All you lose is 2x 6% resists, the backup speed (i really dont care if its blue or yellow tbh) and a few hits.. The healpower is still pretty nice, even as main healer.

Its a spec that performs pretty well, and its definitly worth giving it a try ;)

Well maybe in Blutrausch this Spec perform very well, even if u go hunt soloers with FG or Zerg with 3 FG+ Alliance Groups, it doesn´t matter then anyway if ur spec performs good or not if u roll FGS :wink:

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Jun 10, 2013 09:43

tri spec= pve spec.
you go 19aug, thats it.

Barlox
Eagle Knight

Postby Barlox » Jun 10, 2013 09:54

Blutrausch related Comments wont work while you are talking to me. I only had one zerg fight on this server + I never join zerging Alliance groups. I rather have nice 8vs8 (Even if I lose)

I know that its not the perfect spec but it offers me a better defense than I had before. Being able to Root, use 2 instas, ae stun PETs / Mezz Pulks when the paci is ruppted etc. is quite a nice thing.

I know you guys ran Set or at least Guild Grps. So the Communication/PET clear works quite well. But runnin random grps is kinda different. You got casters that dont Root your adds, Warris doing anything but guarding you and so on..

Coming to uth from live forced me to test some stuff, especially with no +duration, no CL resists... I still tested the spec and I still like it for the reasons above.

Now that I ran with a fixed grp of ppl (or at least a fixed core) I specced 39 Mend for the Last 2 evenings. And sure the healing power is better now. But I guess with some more RA-Points I might Respec to tri again.

-via tapatalk-

shintari
Gryphon Knight

Postby shintari » Jun 10, 2013 10:05

valid point, most people here discuss classes/setups with an idealistic and not pragmatic perspective.

Xacrag
Phoenix Knight

Postby Xacrag » Jun 10, 2013 10:14

Well i could say now:

If u get pets(theurg) as an aughealer, your positioning is bad. All other Pets you can just outsprint for like 5-6 seconds and then mezz it yourself, i know this requieres some RA´s prolly since in that seconds can someone die, but in an PuG its still the best option.Theurg-Pets you can clean by yourself, get a staff and just 2-hit dät dam pets(possible if u have 1 or 2)

Also what you want to root with your Blue Root? Dettanks or what is the plan, should not get rooted anyway since the Snare fix, Root immunity means Snare immunity :)! Or you mean pushing enemy Supporter?

Well ofc it depends which Setup u play but there is no reason to do that, since you always got an Pac(have atleast yellow root) and an shaman, prolly an RM also who can QC Root sth. If u have RM/Shaman with you, who doesn´t even know that they can/should root, your root will not help either, because it means they don´t understand the game and their role in an 8-Men Group.

I do understand you, that you think maybe oh if i can root someone its prolly better because nobody else doing it, but, first of all that is not your job as, stick to the primary things what an aughealer have to do. Having a Singlemezz,Caststun, Amnesia should be way enough to handle the backline.

Still, the resist rate on Uthgard is very high, i don´t see any reason to gimp around with lowlevel spells, which get resisted too often.

Even when i play Pac or Aug(respecc from time to time), and have MoF1 or MoF2 im complaining about the resist rate, and im running the 19 Aug Spec with Green Cele as Pac and 39 Mend / 37 Aug as Aughealer.

So overall some speccs are still not worth speccing it like your trispec, for PvE absolutly OK, for the rest not.

OT: If u are interested in 8Men RvR, Blutrausch is prolly not the correct guild for you :p.

Xacrag
Phoenix Knight

Postby Xacrag » Jun 10, 2013 10:16

shintari wrote:valid point, most people here discuss classes/setups with an idealistic and not pragmatic perspective.

I missed your Comments <3, already waited. And you should be one of the guys who know what im talking about huh?

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials