[Mech] Autotraining help

Tutorials, general information about DAoC and useful links.
Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Jul 12, 2016 08:06

Paladins can't deal damage :lol: , BUT your chants makes you really hard to kill. Solo exping sux no matter the class
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Madae
Gryphon Knight

Postby Madae » Jan 17, 2017 01:19

I don't even know what is true anymore.

Teddybear
Warder

Postby Teddybear » Jan 17, 2017 03:25

Keep seeing so many people ask about AT and getting it wrong, or people answering wrong lol. Sticky this thread somewhere :P or create a bot that answered queries in IRC with links to it.

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Jan 31, 2017 14:00

Scenario 1:
Paladin AT Chants and Slash to level 48 by speccing in Shield and Crush.
Uses a full respec at level 50
Gets full points back +77x2 EXTRA POINTS already put in chants and slash, giving him 154 extra points to spend, if he goes slash. or wasting 77 extra points in slash if he wants to be crush.
Scenario 2:
Paladin AT Slash to level 48 by speccing Shield, Crush, Chants.
Uses a full respec at level 50
Gets full points back +77 already put in chants and +77EXTRA points already put in slash, giving him 154 extra points to spend, if he goes slash. or WASTING 77 extra points in slash if he wants to be crush or thrust.
Scenario 3:
Paladin does not Autotrain but uses a full respec at level 47 and gets to level 48.
65x2 points will be used automatically on chants and slash. He will get +12 EXTRA points in slash and +12 extra points in chants, then he can spend is points. If he decides to go thrust or crush he will lose 65 points of his base points pool, and 12 autotrain slash extra points, which will be offset by a gain of 12 points in chants; if he wants to stay slash he will gain 24 extra points already spent on chants and slash.
Scenario 4:
Paladin does not Autotrain but uses a full respec at level 50
Loses 77 points of base point pool if he decides to go thrust or crush.

In other words, if you want to have a crush or thrust paladin, you have to take this decision very early on and stick with it for the longest time, or you will lose some of your base pool of points.
Autotrain chant only if you final template really requires it.
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

adamhebrew
Guardian

Postby adamhebrew » Oct 23, 2018 13:18

Such a nice blog post on this topic. We provide an online all dissertation Writing service in uk at the best price. If you want to submit a plagiarism free dissertation, then take help from our writers. Our professionally trained experts will enunciate the thoughts incorporated in the paper more appropriately. They will remove all the punctuation and grammatical errors.
Avail Assignment Help UK @Best Discount

Woosh
Banned

Postby Woosh » Oct 26, 2018 15:43

adamhebrew wrote:Such a nice blog post on this topic. We provide an online all dissertation Writing service in uk at the best price. If you want to submit a plagiarism free dissertation, then take help from our writers. Our professionally trained experts will enunciate the thoughts incorporated in the paper more appropriately. They will remove all the punctuation and grammatical errors.

1 post from this ((( user ))). tries to somehow scam someone. yep, it checks out.

"This city's afraid of me. I've seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood. And when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown."

fremster wrote:we ran on buffpotions because cleric couldnt buff

Hasbulat wrote:As soon we come with a bit better organized random group all those Flamps and Holsteins just running away as soon they see us.

Alcan wrote:why do you call me a Moron when all i do is ask ppl if they are happy?

Cyba wrote:Albion = Israel :D

wintermute
Guardian

Postby wintermute » Nov 28, 2018 01:09

OK, so I either misunderstand that issue (very likely) or something is buggy with AT. Bare with me:

Level 8 Minstrel no training in Instruments.

At Level 8 I should have 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8=36 Points without AT.

38 points with AT.

See screen capture:

Having only specced in thrust up to 6 I have used 21 points.

So since I AT I should have 27 Points left, but as you can see in the screen capture I have only 25.

Any insight?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Romu
Gryphon Knight

Postby Romu » Nov 28, 2018 01:59

wintermute wrote:OK, so I either misunderstand that issue (very likely) or something is buggy with AT. Bare with me:

38 points with AT.

See screen capture:

So since I AT I should have 27 Points left, but as you can see in the screen capture I have only 25.

Any insight?

You get the skills at AT levels for free. So if you skill Instruments to level 2, you have still 25 points to spend. If you already skilled instruments to level 2 before you hit level 8 you will get back that 2 points at the moment you hit level 8. If you would just get 27 points you could spend it for other skill lines.

wintermute
Guardian

Postby wintermute » Nov 28, 2018 11:13

Romu wrote:
wintermute wrote:OK, so I either misunderstand that issue (very likely) or something is buggy with AT. Bare with me:

38 points with AT.

See screen capture:

Any insight?

You get the skills at AT levels for free. So if you skill Instruments to level 2, you have still 25 points to spend. If you already skilled instruments to level 2 before you hit level 8 you will get back that 2 points at the moment you hit level 8. If you would just get 27 points you could spend it for other skill lines.

Right, in particular the last sentence makes a lot of sense :) .

Can I see somewhere the impact of AT (since it is apparently not in the number of spec points)?

Initially I noob 8) thought that at level 8 I would have AT Instruments at 2, with "Discordant Note", without putting points in it.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Nov 28, 2018 11:59

wintermute wrote:
Romu wrote:

38 points with AT.

See screen capture:

Any insight?

Right, in particular the last sentence makes a lot of sense :) .

Can I see somewhere the impact of AT (since it is apparently not in the number of spec points)?

Initially I noob 8) thought that at level 8 I would have AT Instruments at 2, with "Discordant Note", without putting points in it.

It doent add the points automatically, you have to go to the trainer and raise the AT skill
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Previous

Return to Tutorials