First Time playing Uthgard

Public communication platform for all Hibernia players.
Zuluguy
Guardian

Postby Zuluguy » Jan 24, 2018 21:27

Hey All

So its my first time at Uthgard, I've known about it for years however never joined as I'm primarily a mac user so couldn't get the game running in wine etc.

Well I've finally bootcamped an old Mac laptop with windows & I'm finally here!

So I've been on Hib most of my play time, and have started up with an enchanter. This is purely to help get a footing here on the server and feel an enchanter (Currently just hit level 7) will help me get PVE groups & also later in the game help to farm gold for my alts. I won't RvR much on my enchanter as I see a lot of people saying too many hibbies go with casters.

As far as leveling goes, I've been picking up any quests I come across, but seem to have run dry in and around the Ardee area. So I'm currently just grinding on water beetles for xp. Downtime happens after 2 yellow focus shield kills and I'm OOM. So I've got a few questions I'd really appreciate if someone could answer

1. Apart from focus lvls on staves is there a way to improve my pow regen because it is a drag at the moment! I'm hoping its just because I'm a low level and at the moment have very minimal gear, only basic drops so far, selling everything I can for coppers.

2. What tradeskill should I focus on, I'm thinking either Tailor or SC but some input on this would be much appreciated. Also if someone could point me to some tradeskill information for daoc v1.65 as I can't remember the finer details such as how many tradeskills can be trained etc.

3. XP spots, so I'm quite a casual player and suspect most of my leveling will be solo, currently at level 7 as already said, I'm at water beetles. After these I have no idea where to go next so if someone could provide some good xp spots and recommended levels that would be great!

Many thanks all, and I look forward to having some nostalgia of playing DAOC again!

Freckle
Warder

Postby Freckle » Jan 24, 2018 23:30

0. Run tasks to 20. towns have a named guard. /whisper task. at lvl 7 you should be in tir na mbeo.

1. Run with a mana ment. Keep your power over 50%. Regen under 50% takes twice as long. If you go the antisocial route (light) let your pet finish off low health mobs while you kite. Gear is largely unimportant as a leveling chanter. focus on int, str and some dex gear. Soloing with a mana or mana/ench chanter you should focus on mass quantities of blue/green. At 20 beat your head against abermenai for 124 RP to get MCL.

2. Tailoring. SC cant salvage or trinket, which is where you make your cash. If you really want to SC make an alt, but it is cheaper to pay an SC (or find a guild with one) than to level SC unless you are making 10 toons.

3. Group with a ment and druid, or if mana/ench a ment and bard/warden/druid, and kill mass quantities of orange-red con melee mobs. Dungeons are good for this. If you go antisocial (light) like me to 40, there is: tasks to 16, tasks & dew sheeries (innis) to 20; irewood saplings (culraid, DL or DCain) to 26; witches (scath) and random yellow-oranges to 30; irewoods(scath) to 35; graugach & boogie men, (dagda) or Gales and the stuff behind lamf to 37, grovewoods (scath) to 40. At 40 go back to mana or mana/ench and do 3+man groups of fins, df, ShH, SuH, marfach, goborchends, leps, or solo /duo in the CM.

Zuluguy
Guardian

Postby Zuluguy » Jan 25, 2018 08:13

Thanks for your reply, thats a lot of great information! I've joined Expedient demise as I saw their guild recruitment post shortly after posting this, so can hopefully find a couple of lowbies to group with from the guild.

Also thanks for the MCL tip as I was probably going to wait until thid before I went to a BG but it'll be nice to try and get MCL beforehand. Also the XP spots mentioned are of great use!

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Jan 25, 2018 16:19

Zuluguy wrote:Thanks for your reply, thats a lot of great information! I've joined Expedient demise as I saw their guild recruitment post shortly after posting this, so can hopefully find a couple of lowbies to group with from the guild.

Also thanks for the MCL tip as I was probably going to wait until thid before I went to a BG but it'll be nice to try and get MCL beforehand. Also the XP spots mentioned are of great use!

Level up a tailor, and kill the badgers (usually yellow con around level 9) for the scythes of smarting. When salvaged and trinketed, each one is worth 77 silver. I was able to farm close to 30 gold off of them before I hit level 15, and you only need 250 metalworking to reach it. Very obtainable if you ask for 5-10g to craft with.

Zuluguy
Guardian

Postby Zuluguy » Jan 25, 2018 20:52

Rendiviel wrote:
Zuluguy wrote:Thanks for your reply, thats a lot of great information! I've joined Expedient demise as I saw their guild recruitment post shortly after posting this, so can hopefully find a couple of lowbies to group with from the guild.

Level up a tailor, and kill the badgers (usually yellow con around level 9) for the scythes of smarting. When salvaged and trinketed, each one is worth 77 silver. I was able to farm close to 30 gold off of them before I hit level 15, and you only need 250 metalworking to reach it. Very obtainable if you ask for 5-10g to craft with.

Ahh thanks for that tip, just started killing some badgers and already have a couple of sythes. Haven't started on tailoring yet but will save these up until I've git 250 metal working. Will begin that when I go to train next!

Return to Hibernia