How viable are wardens in 8 man?

Public communication platform for all Hibernia players.
Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Jan 20, 2018 13:42

So I have a warden at 47 are they wanted or is Hib mainly caster groups?

Fancy a holiday for a bit
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » Jan 20, 2018 13:55

Most hib groups are some kind of caster dominate setup which usually doesn't include a warden. Not again + Salt will run tank groups with warden but not sure how often they're missing one. If you're mostly interested in keep/zerg warfare though I don't think it matters much, Wardens will have a place just like any other class.

ravinlunatic
Warder

Postby ravinlunatic » Jan 20, 2018 19:22

unless you have a set grp you are running with i would not recommend a warden. you are better off with a druid or bard if you prefer support class and bm or hero if you like tanks.

Chysil
Myrmidon

Postby Chysil » Jan 23, 2018 00:58

Wardens are sometimes excepted but rarely sought out. The resists are awesome, and heals are always nice to have. Main problem they have is they are tough to play (the switching between peeling / interrupting with weap to heals is tricky to get down). It makes a lot of groups prefer 2 bards if there are going to do 4 naturalists.

When we ran we loved to have a warden, but then again, we only had one bard, and 2 bards would have been nice too...
| Absolute Power |
Chysil - Bard - 3Lx
Fluffykittens - Enchantress - 2Lx
Cercela - Animist - 2Lx
Owanda - Druid - 2Lx
LGM: SC, AC, WC, Tailor

Freckle
Warder

Postby Freckle » Jan 23, 2018 02:53

With the prevalence of caster groups -- mids are enjoying their relics and albs always run casters -- wardens are very viable in 8man. Spec'd right they are interrupt machines, back-up heal/res, and bubble helps a lot against groups that divide their tanks to interrupt your casters. On live, at this patch level, a well placed twf could help a hib caster group take out 2-3 groups if things went well.

With all that being said, hib caster groups do not prefer to run wardens on this server. Most run Bard, 2Druid, Peeler(hero/bm), chant, ment, eld, X. You are competing with virtually every class for that X spot. second peeler/mini tanktrain variant, second eld (more ns), second ment (extra demez and more nukes), second bard (in case bard dies on inc), extra druid because 1 nature and 2 nurt is <3), and every other dps.

Once you show people you can help win fights, they will invite you, but you may not get the opportunity to show your skills.

Zacaholic
Warder

Postby Zacaholic » Feb 08, 2018 19:48

There are almost no Wardens on Uthgard 2.0, because people don't see the value of it in a group.
But i have to add, that it only works in certain setups.
Either Fulltank or Tank with 1 Eld
OR
Hybrid Group like: bard druid² warden bm/hero eld ench menta
Many people were telling me that Wardens are useless in Hybrid or Caster groups. But playing it in these setups proved many people wrong so far. But i have to add, that having some realm rank helps a lot.
Being 6L'ish is probably the key so you have all active RA's as TWF, Purge, MCL2 and Raging Power.

Also many Wardens are speccing higher Blades, which i still don't understand, especially if you mainly want to run in 8mens. Of course it is different, if you mainly run in Keeptakes or Zergs. But still. The lvl 42 Regrowth Spec Heal is just INSANE.

greetings

20.11.2005, 20:05
Hi, ich hab mal ne Frage:
Wieso heisst das Mixtape von Kool Savas "Die John Bello" Story?
Wer ist oder was hat dieser John Bello damit zu tun?
PS: Gibt es vielleicht einen Treadh in dem ich so kurze Fargen reinstellen kann?

Antwort von guntalkkkk:
savas ist einfach ein dummer spast , der sich irgendwelche hässlichen pseudonyme ausdenkt!

John hat seine mama gebumst, und er ist ein bello! :wink: :roll:

Celteen
Alerion Knight

Postby Celteen » Feb 08, 2018 19:51

How are they supposed to deal damage+++ if they only spec till sidesnare??? ;)
<<< This avatar is handmade by Inotor Wurzelbert : )
Check out the Mampfer-Threads for more.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25079
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26934

Zacaholic
Warder

Postby Zacaholic » Feb 08, 2018 20:04

Celteen wrote:How are they supposed to deal damage+++ if they only spec till sidesnare??? ;)

Wardens are not supposed to deal damage in a RvR group. They should rather Heal the target for 500 plus up to 1k with crit heals imo

PS: Gibt es vielleicht einen Treadh in dem ich so kurze Fargen reinstellen kann?

Antwort von guntalkkkk:
savas ist einfach ein dummer spast , der sich irgendwelche hässlichen pseudonyme ausdenkt!

jalore
Eagle Knight

Postby jalore » Feb 09, 2018 01:04

Zacaholic wrote:Also many Wardens are speccing higher Blades, which i still don't understand, especially if you mainly want to run in 8mens. Of course it is different, if you mainly run in Keeptakes or Zergs. But still. The lvl 42 Regrowth Spec Heal is just INSANEgreetings

Probably landing the side snare is near impossible with such a low weapon skill at 10 blades. running atm 42 regrow,46 nurture and 21 blades. gave up the two last red resists so could land side snare a *bit* better.
Image Image
Uthgard 1; Mid: jalora-Runemaster-50-RR5l3-Leg SC, jalori-Thane-50-RR 5l1-LGM-Tailor,jalorie-Shaman-50-RR3l9-Barrel Alch, jalorese-Berserker-48-RR3l4-low-WC,jalorea 50 summon SM, 37 huntress - lgm ac

Live; home server: Mid Gawaine jalorian-healer, jaloria-bd, many jalor and bot army alts GM of forn sidr "we knew drama"

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Feb 09, 2018 02:02

Which defense penetration do you want to penetrate with a side style with higher weapon spec? 8)

jalore
Eagle Knight

Postby jalore » Feb 09, 2018 03:48

pweet wrote:Which defense penetration do you want to penetrate with a side style with higher weapon spec? 8)

enhanced evasion.
Image Image
Uthgard 1; Mid: jalora-Runemaster-50-RR5l3-Leg SC, jalori-Thane-50-RR 5l1-LGM-Tailor,jalorie-Shaman-50-RR3l9-Barrel Alch, jalorese-Berserker-48-RR3l4-low-WC,jalorea 50 summon SM, 37 huntress - lgm ac

Live; home server: Mid Gawaine jalorian-healer, jaloria-bd, many jalor and bot army alts GM of forn sidr "we knew drama"

Zacaholic
Warder

Postby Zacaholic » Feb 09, 2018 13:33

jalore wrote:
Zacaholic wrote:Also many Wardens are speccing higher Blades, which i still don't understand, especially if you mainly want to run in 8mens. Of course it is different, if you mainly run in Keeptakes or Zergs. But still. The lvl 42 Regrowth Spec Heal is just INSANEgreetings

Probably landing the side snare is near impossible with such a low weapon skill at 10 blades. running atm 42 regrow,46 nurture and 21 blades. gave up the two last red resists so could land side snare a *bit* better.

i am landing side snares pretty regularily with my 10 blades for quite a while now :)

Antwort von guntalkkkk:

jalore
Eagle Knight

Postby jalore » Feb 09, 2018 13:39

If does not pan out any better against high evasion classes. can respec back.
Image Image

Zacaholic
Warder

Postby Zacaholic » Feb 09, 2018 13:45

jalore wrote:If does not pan out any better against high evasion classes. can respec back.

Well, i am not saying that having more Blades is bad. But Having red Energy and Spirit resists is quite nice aswell. You will always have a hard time as a Warden to sidesnare a zerk or svg with 360° evade, but i think the 80 more weapon skill or whatever 21 compared to 10 blades is, is not really making any difference.
On the other hand, having 21 blades is making your Warden way more viable to 1v1 someone, due to the after block stun

Antwort von guntalkkkk:

jalore
Eagle Knight

Postby jalore » Feb 09, 2018 13:59

The problem is, probably more related to op question is the role of the warden. And the groups that it gets. Most groups i get are either pugs for keep takes/zergs or smallman pugs. And sometime in 8man pugs and my role is changed by each group. So my role is constantly changing from group to group, instead a set play style of being in a steady group of 8.

But yeah those red resists were hard to give up. Guess trying to find a spec that meshes more with the groups/smallmans and role they have me in. backup healer and rezzer, interrupter, primary healer, on tank assist, a combination... never know...
Image Image

Next

Return to Hibernia