trio for young and inexperienced players

Public communication platform for all Hibernia players.
Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Jan 08, 2018 16:07

Zarkor wrote:
Rendiviel wrote:
Torgo wrote:I would say a bard is essential for speed and downtime if nothing else...but maybe that is not a concern will kids trying to "enjoy the journey". I wonder if Druid, Ment, Mana Chanter would be a good thing to try?

I definitely suggest one speed class at least, and a mana chanter could be fun enough.

The problem with mana chanter is that you''ll be pidgeon holed very rapidly into being a focus pull bot. Leveling from 1 all the way to 50 will be a monotonous grind with the occasional pet frustrations.

I find myself bombing way more often than I'm focus pulling. Even though it's not as strong as Eldritch, it's still a powerful spell and coveted by most Hibbie groups.

Amurdora
Myrmidon

Postby Amurdora » Jan 08, 2018 20:43

Has this started yet? What did you end up making?

Freckle
Warder

Postby Freckle » Jan 09, 2018 03:12

How young? light enchanters are the easiest class in the game to play/level. DD casters can be played easy (make them face, sprint, assist and nuke buttons, and check on their timers from time to time) and have lots of toys they can learn later as they understand the game more. My 7 year old nephews got the basics of kiting. You can play a bard or mana ment to minimize down time and cc. My nephews or as Cirath said, a tank combo with assist and any time attack buttons can work well for younger kids.

miromann
Warder

Postby miromann » Jan 11, 2018 09:37

We ended up with four characters since the youngest,six years old, also wanted to join.

I play a bard, the oldest, at 13, plays a bm, and the second wanted to play an enchater intrigued by the bombing and the youngest plays a bm firbolg because he wanted the one with the biggest muscles.

We had our first session last night and hit lvl 5, so no the game begins

Thank you to all of you for input

Helix
Guardian

Postby Helix » Jun 01, 2018 17:52

Amurdora wrote:To little kids, those things don't matter nearly as much as this really cool mob that I saw way down here that no one goes too. Not, hey I just templated my toon and am gonna go destroy souls in RvR.

You touched my soul with that statement. I learned DAoC as a kid w/ my best friend and it was like exploring this strange and enchanting world with tons of mystery. Every time I return to DAoC, I am seeking that feeling, and every time I leave, I am burned from the grind. LOL

Celeny
Warder

Postby Celeny » Jun 05, 2018 14:31

I started this game at 9 years old so this thread is really awesome to read :)

If you need help ever you can always find me on Celeny or Diatonic.

Telcontar
Warder

Postby Telcontar » Jun 10, 2018 18:40

You guys started in january, would love to hear if you're still playing
Realm points for door repairs, that's all I want!

Previous

Return to Hibernia