Treibh Caillte teleporters

Public communication platform for all Hibernia players.
Flibberdee
Myrmidon

Postby Flibberdee » Feb 28, 2017 23:22

What is with these things? Each one has 2 destinations it can send you too, randomly. I have trying to do the Immortal Gift quest. I need to kill Driff Tinel, according to every map I can find, you kill the RockGolem at the first teleport pad you come to. It can either take you to a room with Earth Golems or to a room with arachnids. I have killed that RockGolem 20 times now and every time it sends me to the room with arachnids. Randomly random randomness. Does anyone have any idea how to make these things function properly? Are they working right?

.dropframe
Warder

Postby .dropframe » Mar 01, 2017 01:03

From what I remember it wasn't random. There should be 3 total portals and each one leads to a corresponding room.
There's the one at the entrance. Then there's one behind the bridge . The third one is hidden deeper inside around a corner that can easily be missed.

Cave Shaman
Banned

Postby Cave Shaman » Mar 01, 2017 02:26

there are several porters

Belisar
Warder

Postby Belisar » Mar 01, 2017 12:47

The quest and the teleporters were working a couple of days ago.

Helped a guildy do that quest and it did take alot of time running around TC - although we did not have to try 20 times to get to one of the locations.

I assume as each teleporter has two locations it is a 50-50 chance to get the right one. 20 times seems a lot but you may just have been unlucky (ok very unlucky). Wasn't there a story called the Monte Carlo Fallacy where a roulette wheel landed on black 26 times in a row ...

Not helpful but basically I am not sure they are broken.
Na Fianna Dragun

conan_81
Guardian

Postby conan_81 » Apr 22, 2017 17:23

Are the teleporters still working? I killed several Rock Golems and stood on the purple ray, but nothing happened.
Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: problem solved, I have to stay in the circle and wait for the teleport

Evinac
Gryphon Knight

Postby Evinac » Apr 24, 2017 16:07

You get teleported once the rock mob respawns and u have to be on the pad, in the pink glow. I think there's only one pad that can take u to more than 1 location randomly, others r direct. Just google a map of TC, should clear things up.
Evinak - Eldritch
Evinac - Hero
<Blazed>

Anomie
Myrmidon

Postby Anomie » Jun 28, 2018 22:45

TL;DR: Skip the Immortal Gift quest. I like questing and running all over creation, and i say skip this one.

If you do as i did, not as i say, then the Valmerwolf map is useful, as are some others online. All three portals can port you to one of two locations each. Indeed there are times when a portal will send me to the same room more than a dozen times in a row. It's actually not uncommon, and though it may have been like this in the old days and i'm not one to complain about time wasters (given that computer gaming is principally recreation anyway) i will say it's the one thing in this game which has tried my patience past the breaking point.

The quest took me several hours a day for three days to complete, mostly because of porting, athough i did get really unlucky with spell resists at least once and died when i expected not to.

In later farming, it's been something of a delight to pop in to say 'Hi' to Hervelina, the 'bolg it took me forever to port to during the quest. It does get old seeing her in front of me over ten times in a row when i want to farm, though! :hammer:
[img]https://uthsig.000webhostapp.com/uthsig.php?myceliumrunning+animists+bawd+rearranger+cowarden+vitamix[/img]

Return to Hibernia