changing Guild dues

Public communication platform for all Hibernia players.
Barny
Warder

Postby Barny » Jan 11, 2017 16:49

any other Guild have problems with their members not allowed to change the guild due even when the guild masters allows them to change it? rang 1 in our Guild can change everything but with Guild dues game says i do not have permission to change it.

Aggromemnon
Guardian

Postby Aggromemnon » Jan 15, 2017 20:12

the fact that a guild has dues tells me all i need to know to avoid said guild. i prefer the more family approach, than having to pay a tax to have friends. just my opinion.

Victos
Warder

Postby Victos » Jan 17, 2017 21:08

Aggromemnon wrote:the fact that a guild has dues tells me all i need to know to avoid said guild. i prefer the more family approach, than having to pay a tax to have friends. just my opinion.

So you avoid guilds that take 2% off of your dropped coins to get a guild house, keep it yours, raise guild crafters and get other guild related stuff? Surely sounds like a "family" approach - and not selfish at all.

It's not like you pay 40% of your income. 2% of dropped coins means 20g off of a whole dropped plat, that's nothing, most of ones money doesn't even come from dropped coins anyway.

To OP: If the guild masters agree to the disabling of dues - why don't they just disable them?

keio
Warder

Postby keio » Mar 09, 2017 06:52

Victos wrote:
Aggromemnon wrote:the fact that a guild has dues tells me all i need to know to avoid said guild. i prefer the more family approach, than having to pay a tax to have friends. just my opinion.

So you avoid guilds that take 2% off of your dropped coins to get a guild house, keep it yours, raise guild crafters and get other guild related stuff? Surely sounds like a "family" approach - and not selfish at all.

It's not like you pay 40% of your income. 2% of dropped coins means 20g off of a whole dropped plat, that's nothing, most of ones money doesn't even come from dropped coins anyway.

To OP: If the guild masters agree to the disabling of dues - why don't they just disable them?

Prob is that not all guilds apply the 2% usual dues on Uthgard. Seems that they didn't set the 2% limit as on live servers here (see here : http://darkageofcamelot.com/content/guild-guide-guild-dues) and i can somehow understand both sides :

1/it's unpleasant being 'forced' (except if /gc quit...) to pay high % to a guild when u're yourself grinding to gear up and craft
2/it's understandable that guilds have to set a guild due for the house costs, crafters, whatever

I think that if Uthgard would have respected the original 2%, nobody would complain about it, as 2% is really no big deal, and multiply by the amount of members playing, it's still a nice income to help with house rental and even maybe some other expenses. I was for myself gl+al from 2002 till Laby extension, and never had more than these 2%, which is why i was pretty surprised when i saw that those % could be overrided here, and checked on official site which still says 2%.
Kohi (Ench) | Elegy (BM) | Matcha (Druid) | Keio (Menta)

Bubbler
Gryphon Knight

Postby Bubbler » Mar 10, 2017 17:12

Our guild runs a pretty high tax. As some have said, for guild housing and merchants and what not. Not to mention, once your guild is mostly 50, will need it for rams and the like. Hasn't really bothered me much but we are up at around 10% not 2%.
<Blood Feud>
Druid - Bubbler
Hero - Cramit
Enchanter - Rounder
Bard - Melody
BladeMaster - Crunch
Mentalist - Dottie

Ceartas
Warder

Postby Ceartas » Mar 10, 2017 17:16

We've pretty much had it on 10% tax most of the game. Only one person has ever complained and he isn't in the guild anymore anyway. It really isn't that much money over all. If the money you get from killing mobs is your primary source of income, you aren't doing things right.
Sword of the Dragon
Malkier - Hero
Ceartas - 50 Nightshade
Radstadt - Mentalist
Rasalhague - Enchanter
Brewer - Blademaster
Ceoltoir - Bard

Smilo
Gryphon Knight

Postby Smilo » Mar 10, 2017 18:59

IMHO 10% is fine, most of the money comes from salvaging loot anyway, not from the coins.

Evinac
Gryphon Knight

Postby Evinac » Mar 10, 2017 19:39

We've had 10% since the 2nd week of launch - not an issue when you can see where the money is going. Two-story house with guild vault, healer, bind stone and 2x porters is about 20 plat.
Evinak - Eldritch
Evinac - Hero
<Blazed>

keio
Warder

Postby keio » Mar 11, 2017 02:03

Ceartas wrote:We've pretty much had it on 10% tax most of the game. Only one person has ever complained and he isn't in the guild anymore anyway. It really isn't that much money over all. If the money you get from killing mobs is your primary source of income, you aren't doing things right.

I see the point, salvaging and selling items brings more money, but thats not the problem i guess, and has nothing to do with 'doing the things right' but either with the princip itself of collecting gold (even for the 'greater good') from players which can't turn off the guild due. I think that if Mythic set it at 2% max, it was for a good reason (to avoid such problems, because nobody would complain about 2%). Now this said, i get both sides : guild as player, and can understand people complaining about as the OP as well as guilds applying tax dues, but i still think it should be on a volontary basis as i set it in my own guild on live. To palliate the missing income for the guild, i used to organize some little events with the 'core' of the guild having fun together while killing mobs and salvaging/trinketing + donations (in mats or items to sell in the guild merchant) which worked very fine too. We never had issues of money to be honest (well, i had a lot of good guys in the guild and we all filled regulary merchant and vault with mats/items), so i cannot really agree with the permanent costs arguments as sooner or later, once house, merchants, tools are bought, i don't really see the need of it. Crafting is surely expensive, but also not an issue if people are willing to fill vaults with mats and if the core is organized (u give me cloth/leather for my tailor, i give u wood/metal for your wc, etc).

Now, i can only talk from my own experience on my server (Avalon, EU) but as far as i can remember, all other pals/GLs were doing like us there, back in the days, and it worked just fine. =)

This being said, we're still grinding mostly and houses on Uthgard are pretty much more expensive as on live and as Evinac said, tools, vaults, tree, and the house itself costs a lot (FYI : 1P/5P/10P/25P http://darkageofcamelot.com/housing/manual) so i think that guilds need that money in order to provide their guys convenience if i may say, as soon as possible. One thing is sure, that money doesn't get lost, that's right. ^^

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Mar 11, 2017 03:36

Cant see any problem with 10% guild due. If you are in a guild that actually wants to achieve something in this game and not just have a chatroom and fancy cloak to wear, you need funds for house and raid equipment.
Tree - Animist Lvl 50 (RR 3L0, Legendary Tailor)
Aeomelia - Enchanter Lvl 50
Guild: SCHWERT & ROSE (provisional guild leader)

[HIB] Crafting Mat Wholesale
Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

Flibberdee
Myrmidon

Postby Flibberdee » Mar 11, 2017 04:47

Instead of debating the morality of taxes. I really hope someone can answer the OPs question.
I am sorry I do not know the answer. I do know I have one alt that is bugged in my guild I cannot change his rank and I am the GL. I can set him to rank 3, but since then I cannot move him up further than that.

keio
Warder

Postby keio » Mar 11, 2017 07:54

Flibberdee wrote:Instead of debating the morality of taxes. I really hope someone can answer the OPs question.
I am sorry I do not know the answer. I do know I have one alt that is bugged in my guild I cannot change his rank and I am the GL. I can set him to rank 3, but since then I cannot move him up further than that.

U're right, we kinda get outa topic. =)
Normally, it should be possible to change the guild dues settings for specific rangs as indicated in my first post link to the official page, where the 2 relevant sentences would be :

Players may use the command "/gc due <1 or 0>" to turn guild dues on or off. When activated, 2% of all looted coin will be automatically deducted and directly deposited into the cashbank of the guild.

Guild members must have permission from the GM in order to turn dues on or off for the guild. ("/gc edit due Y" would be the command to allow a certain rank permission to turn dues on for the guild.)

Somehow -maybe due to my poor English skills- this last sentence sounds weird to me. Because it is said member must have permission (thats clear), but then it says GM has to edit the settings (ok till here) in order for specific rank to turn 'on' the dues ?

LeEntrepreneur
Warder

Postby LeEntrepreneur » Mar 11, 2017 18:38

keio wrote:
Flibberdee wrote:Instead of debating the morality of taxes. I really hope someone can answer the OPs question.

Normally, it should be possible to change the guild dues settings for specific rangs as indicated in my first post link to the official page, where the 2 relevant sentences would be :

Players may use the command "/gc due <1 or 0>" to turn guild dues on or off. When activated, 2% of all looted coin will be automatically deducted and directly deposited into the cashbank of the guild.

Guild members must have permission from the GM in order to turn dues on or off for the guild. ("/gc edit due Y" would be the command to allow a certain rank permission to turn dues on for the guild.)

Somehow -maybe due to my poor English skills- this last sentence sounds weird to me. Because it is said member must have permission (thats clear), but then it says GM has to edit the settings (ok till here) in order for specific rank to turn 'on' the dues ?

It looks wired because the command is incomplete. it should look something like /gc edit 9 due Y (/gc edit ) what you want to do. (9) the rank you want to edit. (due) what you want to edit in that rank. (Y or N) allow or no allow.

keio
Warder

Postby keio » Mar 12, 2017 01:16

LeEntrepreneur wrote:
keio wrote:

It looks wired because the command is incomplete. it should look something like /gc edit 9 due Y (/gc edit ) what you want to do. (9) the rank you want to edit. (due) what you want to edit in that rank. (Y or N) allow or no allow.

Hmm, u didn't get the 'thing' i found weird. ;-) I wasn't talking about the command itself which i fortunately know, but about the word 'on' (instead of 'off'?) in this sentence. =)

Return to Hibernia