Nightshades Blades vs Pierce

Public communication platform for all Hibernia players.
Tacos
Myrmidon

Postby Tacos » Jan 08, 2018 17:13

Amurdora wrote:I’m a blade elf NS and will write up a dissertation on why it’s better for me.

It’s a tougher spec because you have to do things a little better but it’s a superior spec compared to pierce if played correctly. Looking through here people aren’t looking at the whole picture and you have to look at everything to see it correctly.

Welcome to Uthgard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Jan 08, 2018 20:05

I'm glad some NS's are willing to go blades, and it works for them. breaks up the monotony a bit and Blades definetly LOOK better. crescent swords are badass IMO. That said I will be staying pierce. Ive done the blades thing before and DB stun into hammy chain is just too much damage to give up.

Amurdora
Myrmidon

Postby Amurdora » Jan 08, 2018 20:19

That’s the defining point for me. If you can side stun at will blades is the way to go but if you struggle to land the side stun you need the evade stun.

I find the 20% damage tables to outweigh the other cons. Fundamentally pierce vs blades needs to look at that. Are you getting 20% more damage with pierce than slash? Rarely.

And yes, slashers look so much better though the sickles are my cup of tea looks wise. Rocking duel notched swords while I level though.

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Jan 09, 2018 05:09

Actually, on Uthgard I generally get better armor table bonuses with pierce, since most fights are against visibles + minstrels anyways. And it isn't so much the DB stun itself that makes it so good. Its the ability to follow it up with hammy-> hammy-> leaper-> rib sep-> ripper for sick damage that is too good not to use it. Side stun will get you 2 X pincer, which is decent damage, but it ain't no hammy chain...

baracked
Myrmidon

Postby baracked » Jan 10, 2018 18:34

I wouldn't go blades. Hib rarely has the strength relics and the str/con debuff will be more effective on you than a pierce ns. Sure you could purge the first str con debuff but most assassins have 6+ extra weapons and 1 extra str/con debuff. And like cirath said the evade and hammy chain is too good to pass up. When I fight slash infils I don't need purge. If I fight a slash ns I just have to avoid their side style which is easy to do if u dont stick and move backwards. When I fight a thrust infil or pierce ns im probably going to end up using purge

Danni-k
Warder

Postby Danni-k » Jan 12, 2018 00:11

BUT they can go for Avoid Pain if the RR is high enough or Viper ....in my eyes AP is even a bit stronger and rdy every 15min.....i really dont know what went wrong at mythic back in these days to gave em not one ..nooooo 2 such strong RAs.....so play what you want reach rr5 and enjoy the bright side of assasine life made in Hibernia :)

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Jan 12, 2018 06:31

NS's certainly get the most interesting RA's of the 3 assassins. Once RR5 abilities went in we were the only ones with remedy too 8O

Danni-k
Warder

Postby Danni-k » Jan 12, 2018 11:55

oh right !! i remember ......sbs had shadowstrike what was at least a bit usefull during keepfights :)

Elije
Warder

Postby Elije » Jan 20, 2018 02:58

Still waiting for that dissertation. :)

I like blades, but I don't see how to make it work without Celt shades. I'm very interested in seeing your perspective.

Gian
Warder

Postby Gian » Feb 02, 2018 00:20

bump! ( and my first forum post too :) )

I used to play Hib back on Uthgard 1. finally returned after a long breakl
Last edited by Gian on Mar 06, 2018 05:38, edited 2 times in total.

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Feb 02, 2018 19:43

If you want to play blades, go blades! respecs are cheap in Hib, and I'm betting you will want to go pierce after you try it out.

Gian
Warder

Postby Gian » Feb 02, 2018 20:14

Cirath wrote:If you want to play blades, go blades! respecs are cheap in Hib, and I'm betting you will want to go pierce after you try it out.
Sounds like a plan, although you're right about pierce line, too much dps dropped with str+con debuffs etc if slash, however it just looks cool to be wielding those blades as an elf, and hats off to Amurdora for at least not bowing to peers with cookie cutter type stealther spec and giving Blades a go just for the fun of it. wether at a handicap or not, its hardmode stealth for sure, but rewarding to those with the tenacity to persevere until the nicer RR perks like AP,purge and dodger help with surviving longer

Previous

Return to Hibernia