Best Trio setups on Midgard

Public communication platform for all Midgard players.
Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Jul 30, 2019 14:37

As the title says, I'm looking to document the most effective trios on Midgard. If you're looking to level up with 2 friends, here are the classes I'd suggest:

Thane+Skald+Shaman: Main tank, main buffer, main speed. With this trio, you have plenty of tank and DPS, highest movespeed, and decent heals. Definitely a powerful setup, especially given that you could potentially RVR as a 3-man with the Thane's hybrid casting.

Healer+savage+RM: You don't have a true tank, but savage with studded is an OK tank if you have good armors. Runemaster provides movement speed, and 1-20 provides damage add. After 20+ respec to supp and get the bubble. Healer can go pacification spec early to have more power, and respec for celerity at 20. Savage h2h styles have some of the highest growth rates in game, so combined with RM damage add and healer celerity you'll be topping DPS charts.

Bonedancer+Shaman+Shadowblade: All 4 DoTs stack. It is entirely possible to chain-kill orange/red mobs if you avoid resists. Shadowblade can sort of evade tank, but there will be down time between pulls if shaman is forced to heal.

Healer+Thane+spiritmaster: Thane uses his AOE to pull large groups of mobs, pacification healer can use AOE stun, and spiritmaster suppression spec has PBAOE spell that is extremely powerful. Very power intensive, but capable of steady exp.

Shaman+Healer+Warrior: Shaman takes on a more offensive role, warrior serves as main tank. Healer can spec augmentation for celerity. Nice benefit to this setup is that you can expand the group easily with any melee classes online in your level range.

Warrior+Berserker (Or savage)+Shaman: You have endurance buff, heals, weak damage add from shaman, and decent DPS. You lack haste and celerity but make up for it with the shaman's ability to cast DoTs. All classes considered 'viable' for RVR.

Feel free to add on any of your favorite Trios, but this is what my brothers and I used to do when we would level up alts. Hope this helps anyone returning to Midgard with friends :) :)

lippi
Guardian

Postby lippi » Aug 01, 2019 14:50

You could add shamy/healer/sm for easy Focus pulls

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Aug 01, 2019 20:49

lippi wrote:You could add shamy/healer/sm for easy Focus pulls

Swap out the healer for a BD, and you could focus pull with 2 AE dots. I wonder which would be better since the healer gets POM.

lippi
Guardian

Postby lippi » Aug 02, 2019 09:38

I would assume healer, shamy, sm as you need the healing to keep pet alive and sham needs aug/mend for the same reason. And as you mentioned Pom for less downtime.
Downside: no speed, no real tank, sm needs to spec summon.

For AE kite pulls (vanern frogs/ hags) aoe dot stack (caver/bd) and rm works great. Probably best PL you can do. (Also without the bd and rm)

Healer Thane RM is also viable but not top of the Class.
You got aoe Hammers and rm aoe, root/bubble and mezz/stun/pom/heals(/cele if tri) from healer.
Depending on mobs Level Single target and mezz or aoe and stun(works for yellow orange).
Endu pots for thane recommended (taunt)

carnalito
Gryphon Knight

Postby carnalito » Sep 27, 2019 19:52

Wait, what..? Does shammy and bd dots stack? Single target = 4 dots? AE = 2 dots? wow. Sounds like fun.

Return to Midgard