Icebound Bracer

Public communication platform for all Midgard players.
Dearen
Warder

Postby Dearen » Jan 04, 2019 04:31

Who drop this item? allakhazam says is Jarl Ormarr but I have killed him many times and 0 drop
Thank you

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jan 04, 2019 10:05

Plenty of info out there can be wrong. keep looking. (Hint: Not on ormarr)

Celteen
Alerion Knight

Postby Celteen » Jan 04, 2019 10:19

Abydos wrote:Plenty of info out there can be wrong. keep looking. (Hint: Not on ormarr)

Hint the information is not easy to get if you are not a world builder for years. Whats so difficult on telling the correct mob?
<<< This avatar is handmade by Inotor Wurzelbert : )
Check out the Mampfer-Threads for more.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25079
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26934

Dearen
Warder

Postby Dearen » Jan 04, 2019 12:11

Abydos wrote:Plenty of info out there can be wrong. keep looking. (Hint: Not on ormarr)

Tnx for hint, but is at least in the same zone (Dodens) ? or I have to look in a completely different zone ?

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jan 04, 2019 23:28

Celteen wrote:

Hint the information is not easy to get if you are not a world builder for years. Whats so difficult on telling the correct mob?

The game was based on exploration. If you dont want to explore, you can search online. The correct mob is literally listed online correctly from a variety of sources.

Alcan
Gryphon Knight

Postby Alcan » Jan 05, 2019 16:57

Google is your friend :)

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Jan 06, 2019 03:29

The Jarl used to drop icebound bracer, along with the tiny wolf boss that is down near him (Gudlaugr) [if you go left at the fork instead of right to summoner's hall]. Then for awhile only the wolf was dropping it. I'd say try killing that wolf boss.

The wolf boss was dropping it all the time for my Animist awhile back, then it seemed to stop. Perhaps it was horrible luck, or it changed again (maybe it was never supposed to drop for Hib?). I haven't tried recently...

Alpenbruder
Myrmidon

Postby Alpenbruder » Jan 07, 2019 16:52

Skullbones wrote:The Jarl used to drop icebound bracer, along with the tiny wolf boss that is down near him (Gudlaugr) [if you go left at the fork instead of right to summoner's hall]. Then for awhile only the wolf was dropping it. I'd say try killing that wolf boss.

The wolf boss was dropping it all the time for my Animist awhile back, then it seemed to stop. Perhaps it was horrible luck, or it changed again (maybe it was never supposed to drop for Hib?). I haven't tried recently...

Correct, both were dropping during our times PL'ing the youngsters (second half of 2018).

Droprates are probably a different topic - things seem to get more shaky in QTYs during past couple of months.
We had days with 2-3 drops in 2 hours and then none for days.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jan 07, 2019 17:00

Alpenbruder wrote:
Skullbones wrote:The Jarl used to drop icebound bracer, along with the tiny wolf boss that is down near him (Gudlaugr) [if you go left at the fork instead of right to summoner's hall]. Then for awhile only the wolf was dropping it. I'd say try killing that wolf boss.

Correct, both were dropping during our times PL'ing the youngsters (second half of 2018).

Droprates are probably a different topic - things seem to get more shaky in QTYs during past couple of months.
We had days with 2-3 drops in 2 hours and then none for days.

1) It definitely wasn't on the Jarl during this time. When I got the proper location for it, it was removed from Jarl at the same time.
2) Nothing in terms of drop rates have changed in the RVR dungeons since they were implemented in 2011. Nothing in terms of drop rates were changed globally, either.

Alpenbruder
Myrmidon

Postby Alpenbruder » Jan 08, 2019 11:52

Abydos wrote:2) Nothing in terms of drop rates have changed in the RVR dungeons since they were implemented in 2011. Nothing in terms of drop rates were changed globally, either.

Hi Sir,

Bit off the topic but
Spindel Svartalfs used to provide 600g+ approx a year ago. Now we are lucky to get 300-400 per hour.
Twilight Battle Crusher at OND in Spindel - 3 out of 5 kills dropped 1-1,5 years ago. I didnt count but my impression is that it drops only every 10th pull nowadays. Kalf didnt drop at all up to early 2018. Looks like this is fixed as the little ant started dropping some time during last year.
Same applies for Hagbui spot in Vanern. When I started with my Shaman the drop rates were between 2p and 3p per hour.
We do 2p at best these days.

Maybe drop rates were not changed, still something else seems to influence it.

I think drop rates are nothing to worry about as long as items keep dropping for our templates. There are far more interesting opportunities to work on (good job on Evern ;) ) for sure - everything else is a matter of time investment :grin:

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jan 08, 2019 17:19

My comment was first regarding RVR dungeons.

However, I can assure you that Spind and Vanern, also, have not been modified.

If you feel otherwise, you can create chatlogs of all your hunting and compare them.

Alpenbruder
Myrmidon

Postby Alpenbruder » Jan 08, 2019 17:58

Thanks - but our financials are healthy. Not worth starting such exericse anymore (it's easier to complain without proof of data :twisted: )

I'll try to farm some bracers this week - let's see if I can report back something.

Take care

Return to Midgard