Arild ?

Public communication platform for all Midgard players.
snayan
Warder

Postby snayan » Jul 30, 2018 02:12

Was this mob changed? I have been waiting for him to walk past the spot he always walks and it seems he has been changed.

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Jul 30, 2018 02:13

We did no change to the worldbuild. Sometimes a mob can get offtrack with the pathing.

Edit: Checked the camp. He is there.
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

snayan
Warder

Postby snayan » Jul 30, 2018 02:47

Thanks for checking so fast. He has always roamed between the 2 camps but it doesn't seem that he he doing that at the moment.

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jul 31, 2018 08:15

snayan, the bestiary is in dire need of more Midgard data, would you consider recording logs and send them in to help build more precise data for the midgard zones?

Here is what there is on Arild for the moment: http://disorder.dk/daoc/bestiary/monster.php?load=8881

If you want to help out, check out this short guide on how to use the /chatlog command in game: http://disorder.dk/daoc/bestiary/submit.php
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Alpenbruder
Myrmidon

Postby Alpenbruder » Jul 31, 2018 08:55

Blue wrote:We did no change to the worldbuild. .

Then there is bug build in the code.

Arild sometimes bugs. Instead of moving from the camp to the woods he/she spawns and roams in the forest behind Alfrigg. Happened 2-3 times earlier this year - can't tell if he/she still does as we are not farming anymore.

We have camped Arnulf for months (daily):
Geirolf never used to spawn at one of Arnulf's spot (the one in the center of the map).
Since a couple of weeks he seems to be perma-camping beside Arnulf.

Rana used to bug too: sometimes didnt spawn for days. In the early months, when we used to chainfarm, the spawn rate was ALWAYS below 5 minutes.

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Jul 31, 2018 18:33

I've checked him recently and he lost his path somehow. In the database the path was still set, so after reboot it works. It may be some type of bug.
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

Thorberg
Myrmidon

Postby Thorberg » Dec 02, 2018 18:24

Arild definitely does not spawn anymore. Camped his path during the last weeks, never saw him.
Please have look into this matter.
Thanks!

RandomNoob
Myrmidon

Postby RandomNoob » Mar 28, 2019 19:10

Sometime in the summer of last year, there were a notable amount of server reboots; about the time that the "Summer of Love" event was put on. One must assume that reboots outside of a normal weekly maintenance scenario are for the purposes of introducing changes however since patch notes/communication is rarely provided, one never knows exactly what sort of changes are being done. Thus, when aberrant world behavior arises; it is fairly difficult for the player to report condition X as a possible consequence of change Y.

Around this time, many mobs lost their normal pathing routines. I could list many from experience but will limit the discussion to Arild. Last year i farmed him while having bad reputation with Svartalfs. Thus I was unable to penetrate into their village and had to wait on him to roam. He would leave his spawn location and walk through the pass leading out of the camp, make a right turn and loop through the woods there, go back through the pass and return to his spawn.

After the aforementioned loss of pathing happened, Arild no longer roams. He is static at his spawn by the little wagon in the svartalf village. Reaching him is trivial provided you grind faction and get friendly with Svartalf (Kill Drakulv). He has an extremely long respawn rate however and if you are not seeing him in the village he has been killed and not respawned yet.

Gnome
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Gnome » Mar 28, 2019 20:15

Arild is currently pathing in-game though? I do not however see any evidence that he should path at all. Especially the route he walks. I'll leave it be for now.

RandomNoob
Myrmidon

Postby RandomNoob » Mar 28, 2019 22:42

Gnome wrote:Arild is currently pathing in-game though? I do not however see any evidence that he should path at all. Especially the route he walks. I'll leave it be for now.

Your statement is self contradictory. You see no evidence he should path....especially the route he walks?

I refer you to this statement from Blue previously in this thread...
I've checked him recently and he lost his path somehow. In the database the path was still set, so after reboot it works. It may be some type of bug

So in your database a path is set for Arild...thus the 'evidence' that he should path. He does not, ergo something is wrong.

I haven't been in Malmo in over a week, but since returning to play a month ago I have been there extensively. In the last month, I have never seen him path; if he is up he is always static at his spawn location.

You are not getting the point here. This is not a one mob specific issue, it is across the board on many mobs. They no longer path as they used to. It's not a big deal, save when someone with previous experience with a mob goes looking for them and thinks something is wrong with the mob not being up because the mob is not following its historical behavior.

Another example, I was in Muspelheim the other day farming searing skeletons in the first valley on the right past the entry spiders for some mithril. When I grouped there last year prior to the pathing issue, there was always a fire giant that would roam the valley and every so often we would have to dodge him as he walked by. Sat there yesterday and killed skeletons for an hour 3 times. Never saw him come by once. I'm sure its part and parcel of the same issue. Many mobs do not path as they used to since the summer of last year.

It's not a big deal....but I'm consistently puzzled by you guys failing to understand the point being made. Something has been done or changed that inadvertently? causes these mobs to remain static and fail to follow the route prescribed for them in the database. It does not seem to be specific to one mob...if someone posts and says mob X isn't where he used to be or I can't find mob Y...it's not an issue with that mob. It is a deeper, overarching issue with mob routes that exist in the database not being executed.

Wakanidoo
Myrmidon

Postby Wakanidoo » Mar 29, 2019 14:01

Just take a look here:
https://www2.uthgard.net/tracker/issue/ ... aland_(Mid)

Thanks again for the very good support.
We are here to help *you*
Alcyon: UK; Abydos: US; Baldrug: DE; Blue: DE; Cirdan: US; Crucible: US; Decidon: US;
Genjiro: DE; Gnome: US; Juna: DE; Nayru: DE; Trishin: UK; Rajnish: US

The Uthgard Staff are always here!

Daetren
Myrmidon

Postby Daetren » Mar 29, 2019 17:42

Many of the world bosses or named dropped mobs have been modified and ninja patched without notification so it makes it hard to keep reliable intel. Please continue to add behavior and mechanic adjustment changes to changelog so we know our data is not different than your data. If its a new hidden mechanic like Evern or Worm these are custom mechanics and should be mentioned since Alhakhazam and other databases conflict with most changes made. Thank you!!!
First of my name, Boon of Midgard, Solous Shamanus, the relentless, King of Dodens and the first men, Breaker of mezzes, and Father of The Dream.

R.I.P
Uth1 - Ist Aid [Nomad Jarl]- 8L3 Kobby Shaman - 900+ REAL Solo Kills ~
Uth2 - Ist Aid [TEAM AMERICA]- 8L5 Kobby Shaman - 500+ REAL Solo Kills ~
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDaetr/videos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3fAbTMqYoTivisVB9 - Uth1 Album (Birth and Death of Respect)

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Mar 29, 2019 18:51

Daetren wrote:If its a new hidden mechanic like Evern or Worm these are custom mechanics and should be mentioned since Alhakhazam and other databases conflict with most changes made. Thank you!!!

What custom Evern mechanic? It has been implemented as originally intended as far as our research goes.
Maybe there are still bugs in said implementation?

Please also consider that quite some online sources like Alhakhazam are not always reliable.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Daetren
Myrmidon

Postby Daetren » Mar 29, 2019 19:33

Genjiro wrote:
Daetren wrote:If its a new hidden mechanic like Evern or Worm these are custom mechanics and should be mentioned since Alhakhazam and other databases conflict with most changes made. Thank you!!!

What custom Evern mechanic? It has been implemented as originally intended as far as our research goes.
Maybe there are still bugs in said implementation?

Please also consider that quite some online sources like Alhakhazam are not always reliable.

Yes, but Alhakhazam is one of the most reliable resources we have. Not bypassing worm which is not even doable unless you have a legion raid. Ridiculous since its not even the right level. Can't hit with 2fg on it. Evern's mechanics have changed like multiple others. While Evern is similar its window is drastically changed. What once was a fg fight requires players of high high skill level and decent RR to compete on FG level (this includes a templete, full charge/potions and decent RR for healer pow pools and dps to hit and deal damage). Otherwise its now a 2fg mob which makes it just as unappealing. Thane in Dodens has changed multiple times, which I feel I added some good help with since I killed it in each variation of the changes not noted. Jarl in Dodens has changed to have modified run speed as well. Champion and Chieftain in Marfach have been tethered at different times also. Arlids camp has changed multiple times to date. To name a few.

Alhakhazam also notes the proper level of these mobs. (worm)
First of my name, Boon of Midgard, Solous Shamanus, the relentless, King of Dodens and the first men, Breaker of mezzes, and Father of The Dream.

R.I.P
Uth1 - Ist Aid [Nomad Jarl]- 8L3 Kobby Shaman - 900+ REAL Solo Kills ~
Uth2 - Ist Aid [TEAM AMERICA]- 8L5 Kobby Shaman - 500+ REAL Solo Kills ~
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDaetr/videos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3fAbTMqYoTivisVB9 - Uth1 Album (Birth and Death of Respect)

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Mar 29, 2019 20:21

I do understand that a correction not in favor of players does not feel good but yet it does represent the intended behaviour.

Evern mechanics were missing or were simply wrong to begin with.

Tether AI was broken for a long time and has now been fixed. The Champion and Chieftain in Marfach were always tethered but it simply did not work in the past but does now.

Simply because an broken encounter was too easy to complete and doable with not the intended/required amount of players does not mean the corrected version is wrong. As we have seen over the years a large portion of the players got used to wrong mechanics, behaviours and settings and are now confused or angry when confronted with the intended implementation.

I cannot recall a Jarl change or the Worm state. Would need to check this first.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Next

Return to Midgard