Arild ?

Public communication platform for all Midgard players.
Daetren
Myrmidon

Postby Daetren » Mar 29, 2019 20:58

My point revolves around transparency when changing things. Nothing is noted or broadcasted with any of the changes besides worm and Evern. Worm currently is undoable because abuse in past, and Evern was changed from abuse in past. Everything else was not mentioned and has to continually be telephoned by players currently playing to share changes. With the current pop such changes make the scenario even worse. No changelog to reference updates or "corrections to behavior". Things like these are pretty necessary for longevity. Call it a minor Grab Bag for the players. Regardless if it's better for me or not wont stop me from attempting content. I'm not mad, just giving feedback on in-game scenarios the play base deals with.

I'm also trying to be more vocal with my viewpoint since everyone complained to change Uth1 to Uth2. I felt like maybe I should start voicing my opinion and correct things on time instead of when it doesn't matter. I care about Uthgard because it's the most stable freeshard since leaving Live years ago. Many memories and dreams were built on that so it's worth fighting for. I just wish those Uth1 dreams were still alive...
First of my name, Boon of Midgard, Solous Shamanus, the relentless, King of Dodens and the first men, Breaker of mezzes, and Father of The Dream.

R.I.P
Uth1 - Ist Aid [Nomad Jarl]- 8L3 Kobby Shaman - 900+ REAL Solo Kills ~
Uth2 - Ist Aid [TEAM AMERICA]- 8L5 Kobby Shaman - 500+ REAL Solo Kills ~
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDaetr/videos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3fAbTMqYoTivisVB9 - Uth1 Album (Birth and Death of Respect)

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Mar 29, 2019 21:02

Daetren wrote:No changelog to reference updates or "corrections to behavior". Things like these are pretty necessary for longevity. Call it a minor Grab Bag for the players.

I agree. I want to change this in the future too.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Daetren
Myrmidon

Postby Daetren » Mar 29, 2019 21:07

I appreciate your face Genjiro! Thank you as always my friend!
First of my name, Boon of Midgard, Solous Shamanus, the relentless, King of Dodens and the first men, Breaker of mezzes, and Father of The Dream.

R.I.P
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3fAbTMqYoTivisVB9 - Uth1 Album (Birth and Death of Respect)

Wakanidoo
Myrmidon

Postby Wakanidoo » Mar 30, 2019 13:07

Genjiro wrote:...
I agree. I want to change this in the future too.

If we look in all forums, with all the changes you want to do in the future, you'll be dead before you finish.

And we will no longer be able to appreciate your face Genjiro!
We are here to help *you*
Alcyon: UK; Abydos: US; Baldrug: DE; Blue: DE; Cirdan: US; Crucible: US; Decidon: US;
Genjiro: DE; Gnome: US; Juna: DE; Nayru: DE; Trishin: UK; Rajnish: US

The Uthgard Staff are always here!

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Mar 30, 2019 13:16

I outsource stuff 8)
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Daetren
Myrmidon

Postby Daetren » Apr 05, 2019 04:04

Nice...

/changelog 4/1/2019
Red Lady now has "correct behavior" of being tethered to her spawn and now only drops 1h/2h Erubescent swords, Erubescent Mythril Chain, and NO ROG drops.

Or so that would have been nice so people can properly report that likely shouldn't be the intended function. Or is every mob with a name going to be tethered now?

Ninja not so sneaky

R.I.P

Gnome
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Gnome » Apr 05, 2019 04:44

Significant efforts have been made to fix tethering mechanics. You may experience monsters that previously had a distance reset teleport (which was intended to be a workaround) with appropriate tethering behavior. The encounter itself remains unchanged, you still need to fight within a certain vicinity.

No Loot Tables have been recently changed to my knowledge.

A lot of more recent implementations have been Gamemaster Worldbuild tools for interactions, monster properties, and quest building. Not exactly things players have experienced yet.

Daetren
Myrmidon

Postby Daetren » Apr 05, 2019 14:47

Gnome wrote:Significant efforts have been made to fix tethering mechanics. You may experience monsters that previously had a distance reset teleport (which was intended to be a workaround) with appropriate tethering behavior. The encounter itself remains unchanged, you still need to fight within a certain vicinity.

No Loot Tables have been recently changed to my knowledge.

A lot of more recent implementations have been Gamemaster Worldbuild tools for interactions, monster properties, and quest building. Not exactly things players have experienced yet.

I assume all FZ mobs can drop rog but she doesn't so that's one issue.
She's never reset or had a distance cap till now as with most other mobs. Only mob in marf that should call for tether would be black lady. Every other named is inconsequential and their drops are second best to RoG.
I fail to see how these changes improve any quality or benefit to the 50 players that frequent the server. I'm pretty sure there's lots of qol us players have voiced our concerns about for a long time now but get ninja mob tethers to focus on.

I'm know you guys have your agendas but maybe, just maybe you could include your player base in the process.
Uth2 is a striped version of uth1 with such less potential and content. Why are we continuity reverting to the dark ages instead of the proper qol ppl have consistently asked for since uth1. Pots, new ras, and events/ tasks. Pun intended

Don't worry though, despite having a voice that's not heard we are still supporting the server.

R.I.P

Thorberg
Myrmidon

Postby Thorberg » Apr 09, 2019 12:34

Hiho,

just to come back to the topic, can you please fix Arild after months of discussion ....

Cheers

Bunjip
Myrmidon

Postby Bunjip » Apr 15, 2019 17:32

let me get this right? Arild is now walking freely but just standing at an easy to get spot and thats why u sad and complain? i've been farming him a lot lately, next to farming trip strings and tbh i like that he's not wandering.
since the regular server reboot was implemented all roaming mobs roam as they should, before they were steady after they got killed. ukobat running, kobil hopping gjalpi flying.... it's fiiiiine. rather get some real problems to complain about, missing quests, not implemented xp loot w/e :hammer:

Thorberg
Myrmidon

Postby Thorberg » Apr 16, 2019 12:44

@Bunjip
Please hijack another thread, this one is about Arild.

Giving back Arild's path is not a bug fix but simple maintenance.

Cheers

Daetren
Myrmidon

Postby Daetren » Apr 16, 2019 15:33

As you can tell from Dev response to this thread alone they are hard at work making ninja changes to many many mobs involving tethering or mob adjustment. No change logs cited, no updates, no news, so there's no way fur the populace to know unless they play and access those areas. Despite people begging for uth1 or news there has yet to be any they deem news worthy. The focus on these changes compared to new ra's, tasks, SI, bonus changes to zones, continue to show staff is just doing what they want instead of what they should do from past experience and now the (Ph) experience not much has changed. Attitude is still the same so don't praise Odin just yet. Pardon the salt.

R.I.P

Previous

Return to Midgard