returning to game, leveling a shaman?

Public communication platform for all Midgard players.
dabrixmgp
Warder

Postby dabrixmgp » May 24, 2018 20:09

So havent played since last summer and was planning on making a Shaman. Just wondering if leveling is gonna be pretty brutal? I was able to level my Healer fairly easily but that was early last year and there were tons of groups to be had no matter what time it was. I guess I could go Cave and make leveling a little bit easier but wont that screw me out of any groups that might be available? On the other hand if I go full Aug that nice endo regen isnt gonna do me a whole lot of good without a melee train to group with. Also this is a fresh start so no plats to twink myself with some gear to make leveling easier.

Russiancrushian
Myrmidon

Postby Russiancrushian » May 25, 2018 01:06

I imagine youd be fine getting groups. Suggestinh going cave spec pretty much excludes you from any group...ever. just have a few toons and if you cant snag a grp for shaman, log on someone who can solo and go.

Groups are still plentiful.

Fensus
Warder

Postby Fensus » Aug 11, 2018 01:32

its 5pm on a friday... 144 people online across 3 realms

Russiancrushian wrote:Groups are still plentiful.

something doesn't compute...

Alpenbruder
Myrmidon

Postby Alpenbruder » Sep 11, 2018 16:46

dabrixmgp wrote:So havent played since last summer and was planning on making a Shaman. Just wondering if leveling is gonna be pretty brutal? .

The shaman is leveling faster solo than any other class in Midgard.

First 30 Level you skill Aug and find a solo farmer in Spindel that you provide Endu.
Aftwards and with endu 3 you start skilling cave magic and do
30-35 Muspelheim Mass pulls (4 Skeleton-spots) always 6-15 at once.
36+ you can either go Vanern NW camp of hagbuis (slower but drop rates are ok) or Varulvhamn between 1st bridge room and spiders. 3-4 pull spots based on your level if nobody else is there.
42+ is getting a little ugly since the next valuable spots are frogs and greater Hagbuis for which I think the last aoe dot ist a musthave.

However, you could also consider a respec (should have enough money by 43) and aim the standard RVR Spec of a shaman which will ALWAYS give you a group - no matter if duo or FG.

Return to Midgard