Warrior weapon line for leveling?

Public communication platform for all Midgard players.
Sillyfish
Gryphon Knight

Postby Sillyfish » May 10, 2018 01:52

I apologize if anyone gets upset I didn't post this in the specific warrior forum, it just doesn't appear that it's very active and I was hoping for clarification before I get home from work tonight and actually start speccing.

What is considered the optimal weapon line for leveling as a Warrior? It's been MANY years since I played with the old styles and I have memories from my Thane using Hammer for the low endo usage taunt. Is that smart for a warrior? Do I lose out on anything?

I was figuring I'd respec at 40 to Sword no matter what line I choose.

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » May 10, 2018 14:07

You should level with axe and autotrain both line to 48 (sword and Hammer)
At 50 you can dual spec sword and hammer.
Hammer is the best line because of the maim/snare

You can also fully autotrain all 3 lines.

Please read some other posts on autotrain to understand how it works, so you don't make mistakes.
If you do not autotrain, whenever you will respec you will lose points from your base pool of points.

If you fully autotrain you will get the first taunt style at lvl 24 I think (6 points in axe)
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » May 10, 2018 15:58

If you're looking to be an uber 1337 warrior with complete optimization, you need to spec full shield and parry until level 48 when all your AT is done. If not, I suggest going sword/axe until 20 (the taunt for hammer isn't available until like 16 spec points into the line), then respec to hammer at 20. If you decide not to AT, you aren't missing out on much. The difference is a negligible 1-2% parry rate, which could be made up using 1 RA point to get mastery of parry if you really wanted it.

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » May 10, 2018 20:06

Autotraining is pointless, you really think the 3 extra points in parry mean anything in the grand scheme? Save yourself some frustration and just go hammer 5-50, the taunt style (which you'll use alot) is low endu and you'll get practice using frost hammer + conquer before they're needed in RvR.

If you want a compromise I think you can get 29 parry (instead of 28) if you autotrain until lvl 20.

majky666
Phoenix Knight

Postby majky666 » May 10, 2018 23:13

IMHO AT doesn't worth it for warri. Go hammer from start. Hammer styles have lot of advantages such as very low endu anytime, positional snare styles.

Liss
Eagle Knight

Postby Liss » May 11, 2018 21:22

isocleas2 wrote:If you want a compromise I think you can get 29 parry (instead of 28) if you autotrain until lvl 20.

No AT at 50 gives you 50/50/28 and 26 spare. You need 3 more, so two times AT, so level 12.

majky666 wrote:IMHO AT doesn't worth it for warri. Go hammer from start. Hammer styles have lot of advantages such as very low endu anytime, positional snare styles.

People do have a habit of only thinking lvl 50 specs. So they say hammer all the time for warrior, and aug all the time for shaman.
While leveling this is insanely bad advice.

For lvl 1-20 on a warrior Sword is the way to go.
The taunt is at 6, got high to hit, and the 4 is off-block (axe is off-parry).
So a warrior starting out should always rush the sword taunt, and shield.

Tool999
Warder

Postby Tool999 » May 16, 2018 23:59

isocleas2 wrote:Autotraining is pointless, you really think the 3 extra points in parry mean anything in the grand scheme? Save yourself some frustration and just go hammer 5-50, the taunt style (which you'll use alot) is low endu and you'll get practice using frost hammer + conquer before they're needed in RvR.

If you want a compromise I think you can get 29 parry (instead of 28) if you autotrain until lvl 20.

Maybe this 3 points make paper warriors to steel warriors, not more killed in 4 hits from rr3 ns just jumping him visible without doing any styled attacks and lvl 1 training weapons? 8)

majky666
Phoenix Knight

Postby majky666 » May 19, 2018 14:55

@Liss You are right about 1-20lvl, i didn't take it into account and was thinking about 50lvl spec 8)

Return to Midgard