server population

Public communication platform for all Albion players.
Daetren
Myrmidon

Postby Daetren » Apr 20, 2019 01:48

At least Uth1 had a decent RvR setup and the people that did stay actually still ran grps or solo'd, not dodge. Why would you need RA's if your never going to fight somebody?? Countless times we've run groups of small to full to fight the inc out and you take a lvl 1 keep in said zone and take 45 mins to take the next keep in a different random zone dodging just like you were taught. If that zerg and dodge mentality didn't lead to half the unrest wouldn't be a shocker, besides the horrid patch level for gameplay. I don't complain about dying to people who gave me a good fight. I complain about people not even fighting and promoting the endgame content every should be striving to achieve.

No, staff doesn't owe us anything, and it seems to be what were getting just like in the past too. Excuse my passion, but it's hard to not be emotional about something you work on (twice now just here) for it to go by the wayside without a word. I'm extremely grateful for the server, but you can't expect the people you ignore to follow you forever. Believe me I want this server to succeed very much so. To date I don't join my RL friends on different shard because I stand by the idea of a stable server and the work that the staff has done. Unfortunately my personal opinion is we've been going backwards this whole time. I don't need any freebies. I want something I worked hard for and made a name for myself, but you cant do that when you keep wiping or going into stasis. Requests to problems Live has answered ages ago shouldn't be out of the realms of reason. (New RA's, new ability system, pots/barrels that allow the populace to cover buffs not supplied by missing classes, task systems that promote all levels of RR action, etc). I do what I can to promote the server, the population, and the valor between realms like we all should.
As always, my apologies, I don't intend to sound like a jerk. It's like bi**y resting face, it just is! :twisted:
First of my name, Boon of Midgard, Solous Shamanus, the relentless, King of Dodens and the first men, Breaker of mezzes, and Father of The Dream.

R.I.P
Uth1 - Ist Aid [Nomad Jarl]- 8L3 Kobby Shaman - 900+ REAL Solo Kills ~
Uth2 - Ist Aid [TEAM AMERICA]- 8L5 Kobby Shaman - 500+ REAL Solo Kills ~
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDaetr/videos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3fAbTMqYoTivisVB9 - Uth1 Album (Birth and Death of Respect)

Gilded
Myrmidon

Postby Gilded » Apr 20, 2019 04:23

Daetren wrote:At least Uth1 had a decent RvR setup and the people that did stay actually still ran grps or solo'd, not dodge. Why would you need RA's if your never going to fight somebody?? Countless times we've run groups of small to full to fight the inc out and you take a lvl 1 keep in said zone and take 45 mins to take the next keep in a different random zone dodging just like you were taught. If that zerg and dodge mentality didn't lead to half the unrest wouldn't be a shocker, besides the horrid patch level for gameplay. I don't complain about dying to people who gave me a good fight. I complain about people not even fighting and promoting the endgame content every should be striving to achieve.

No, staff doesn't owe us anything, and it seems to be what were getting just like in the past too. Excuse my passion, but it's hard to not be emotional about something you work on (twice now just here) for it to go by the wayside without a word. I'm extremely grateful for the server, but you can't expect the people you ignore to follow you forever. Believe me I want this server to succeed very much so. To date I don't join my RL friends on different shard because I stand by the idea of a stable server and the work that the staff has done. Unfortunately my personal opinion is we've been going backwards this whole time. I don't need any freebies. I want something I worked hard for and made a name for myself, but you cant do that when you keep wiping or going into stasis. Requests to problems Live has answered ages ago shouldn't be out of the realms of reason. (New RA's, new ability system, pots/barrels that allow the populace to cover buffs not supplied by missing classes, task systems that promote all levels of RR action, etc). I do what I can to promote the server, the population, and the valor between realms like we all should.
As always, my apologies, I don't intend to sound like a jerk. It's like bi**y resting face, it just is! :twisted:

Fair reply.

My apologies also, I hate the fact I ended my last post with a childish sentence let alone using politics to try and make a point.

I hope the server lives on for a good while also... I really do. I just think the writing is on the wall, and it feels eerily similar to Uth1 which shut down for good 5-6 months after a few of us (also playing Alb) departed.

I also, like you, have resisted the urge to check out the other server for the very same reasons. It seems way too easy mode, even though I do like the idea of getting people into actual RvR (8man, occasional zerg, RR, etc.) quickly w/o such a painful grind. I haven't watched the pop there all that closely, but I check it 1-2 times per week and it seems to have taken a significant hit also. Could be the novelty factor wearing off, nicer weather in the northern hemisphere (finally!) or getting rolled but the insane number of high realm rank toons in such a short time.

We shall see what happens.

JOhnnyFerro
Myrmidon

Postby JOhnnyFerro » Apr 20, 2019 14:46

Daetren wrote:
JOhnnyFerro wrote:we need the return of Ripbroski, Degree and Ramiye.

That will make us more on an even level with Mids.

What mids, Slayer? We stopped chasing you Albs keep taskers because of your ridiculous adoption of Ripbro and Romu tactics. Completely destroys the endgame and spirit of daoc to fight for your realm. the fact that one mid group can wipe 3fga of afk stucks, bots, and poor sports means you need ripbro and rami while Romu and the lowis aren't enough to take keeps.. You are part of the problem. If one of you Albs came out on a regular basis without holding someone's hand you might've been able to keep some server interested but the whole of Albion needs to be lead by geniuses like Romu and Ripbro... no wonder. If you notice Hibs might have the lowest pop but they have the balls to inc action instead of run from it. I truly hope your comment was sarcastic.

nope was not being sarcastic . we need rip to help build our low realm rank people. He is really good. Like that :)

as for ramiye he was the only one defending keeps on a regular basis.

And I really could care less what you like.

Daetren
Myrmidon

Postby Daetren » Apr 20, 2019 15:10

Gilded wrote:But this crap about people who aren't even here anymore (Rip, Ramiye) and have had ZERO impact on the game for months is sad coming from you. Boo hoo no rp's is what you are saying eh?

JOhnnyFerro wrote:nope was not being sarcastic . we need rip to help build our low realm rank people. He is really good. Like that :)

as for ramiye he was the only one defending keeps on a regular basis.

As I said, helpless hand holding. Sheeple being led to the slaughter. FYI Riplamer left cause his mum got banned for bot using and they all turned tail to the other shard. This is a constant thing. Allthore and Wicked, Ruppi and Acesal. Yeah I see you but apparently afk botting is allowed while the server is unpopulated. YOU defend a keep, YOU roam for inc, but you won't cause you need your hand held. This us why I'd take uth1, because the few ppl that were left stayed to fight instead of dodge. Such a sad state. I'm sure if the game had food stamps you'd sign up for those too :lol:
First of my name, Boon of Midgard, Solous Shamanus, the relentless, King of Dodens and the first men, Breaker of mezzes, and Father of The Dream.

R.I.P
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3fAbTMqYoTivisVB9 - Uth1 Album (Birth and Death of Respect)

m0e
Myrmidon

Postby m0e » Apr 20, 2019 15:32

Daetren wrote: We stopped chasing you Albs keep taskers because of your ridiculous adoption of Ripbro and Romu tactics.

The fun part about this is, you expect Romu to dodge your group on purpose while he actually isn't. I am sure you are still p issed about the friday two weeks ago, when your group had not a single inc the whole evening, while Romu raided several keeps.

Here is what happend from an Alb PoV:
While Romu with his 2-3 grps was about to attack Sursbrook, your group shown up right infront of the doors. You had the chance to push downhill to fight them, but you decided to stay in door range, hoping they would attack the keep so you can do your "assist train in and out" tactics or incase they would make it through the doors, using the chokepoint to pick them off one by one.
So instead, Romu decided to move to Berk to pick up 2-3 guys and then he decided to straight attack Eras. The plan was to catch some of you guys before you get inside that keep. Smashing the first door, fully aware of those enemies jumping them any second... nothing but a relic inc message inside the combat log. Good, so you wiped at the Relic Keep because you expected them to move to Sauvage and port to some different zone. :lol:

They took Eras and Surs (last 2 Alb keeps in Mid hand) without any inc, maybe your grp was already in Odin's Gate when you relaised those Albs are still in Albion (did you move back to Alb at this point?). So next target was Bled, you guys didn't show up there, maybe sitting in one of those four level 8 keeps or even ported back to Alb. There was nothing to do after Bledmeer was taken, no point to move to one of those level 8 keeps if there is a full group mids defending, so next target was Hibernia. I think there was a short Break after reaching the porting table. I guess you guys already stopped at this point...

The friday just one week ago, you had plenty action, or not? You assjammed us while leaving Hurbury to get new rams, that shaman hit the whole 2.5grps with Ichor, noone expected you to be there. You also fought us openfield at the hill between Berk and Eras, you also tryed to defend Beno. You came back to jump us on our way to Eras, ending with your /rude emotes and you group just stopped for this evening and was never seen again.

I understand it is hard to handle 2-3 groups openfield and respect for trying, but i can't see why you claim the reason you guys are not playing anymore would be Romu dodging every fight. I remember when they were about to hit Arvakr (Drachengarde level 8 keep) a few weeks ago and i warned them after spotting your 8man moving to Arvakr. He knew about you coming from behind in less than 1 minute, still decided to pull all the high level guards and started building rams, didn't turn out well but he had to try. What i want to say is, i doubt Romu is in fear to fight anyone, it is just his part to decide how things will be done, sometimes it turns out bad, sometimes good, but his intention is not to dodge fights.

Seems like some ppl get tired experiecing the same kind of RvR over and over again, but hopefully there are some changes in the pipeline to bring back more players, so there will be different ways to experience RvR than just generating action by raiding keeps.

Daetren wrote:Oh and Alb is by far the OP realm as far as old RA's/1.65 are considered btw, but I'm sure you know that.

Thats ture, incase you run 8man with a decent setup and ppl who know what to do. There were such groups (example) when the server went live, but you won't find them anymore. So yes with old RAs it is Alb>Hib>Mid in a competitive way, but only if the right classes are picked and those guys know how to play. If you have to take what is left, it is way easier to put a random mid group together and still be successful.

Daetren
Myrmidon

Postby Daetren » Apr 20, 2019 15:43

m0e wrote:
Daetren wrote:Oh and Alb is by far the OP realm as far as old RA's/1.65 are considered btw, but I'm sure you know that.

Thats ture, incase you run 8man with a decent setup and ppl who know what to do. There were such groups (example) when the server went live, but you won't find them anymore. So yes with old RAs it is Alb>Hib>Mid in a competitive way, but only if the right classes are picked and those guys know how to play. If you have to take what is left, it is way easier to put a random mid group together and still be successful.

Well said, I certainly can agree with that.

The zerg keep and move zones traffic has been in place some time now and adopted by most any sob keep take group to avoid inc. Romu doesn't always need to but does often. I remember the zerg hit blend a while back. Opened the second door and the entire zerg turned and left just so they didn't have to fight. INCONCEIVABLE!

The server pop is far too low to encourage this behavior and to be quite honest it's embarrassing. Valfar was willing to teach some people to have a back bone but no one wants the job!
Anyways I'm hardly playing any daoc cause the endgame is dead on uth and that's primarily why I play. Zzz

R.I.P

Daetren
Myrmidon

Postby Daetren » Apr 20, 2019 15:50

***double copied post edit

R.I.P

JOhnnyFerro
Myrmidon

Postby JOhnnyFerro » Apr 20, 2019 16:05

Daetren wrote:***double copied post edit

It is called the "Art of War" not many have read it.

The 8 year old year old on the school ground with 5 years does not have to read it .

I am absolutely sure you understand that.

Daetren
Myrmidon

Postby Daetren » Apr 20, 2019 16:10

Daetren wrote: Naturally skill comes with experience and the 30 people hold Romu's hand doesn't get them any experience in the art of war.

Your adopted tactics are amazing. Really encourages the pve keep take scene. Enjoy those keep rps war veteran.

R.I.P

drakuz
Myrmidon

Postby drakuz » Aug 05, 2019 15:40

JOhnnyFerro wrote:
Daetren wrote:***double copied post edit

It is called the "Art of War" not many have read it.

The 8 year old year old on the school ground with 5 years does not have to read it .

I am absolutely sure you understand that.

about this 8 yr old on the school ground "with 5 years"

5yrs what? you just trailed off on a tangent about how a child of age 8, with 5 yrs.... has not read something.
5yrs what? 5yrs eating play-do? 5yrs throwing sand in the sandbox? 5yrs driving parents mad? 5yrs picking his nose?

it seems to me that you missed some thing in your art of war, as you are showing signs of senility.

drakuz
Myrmidon

Postby drakuz » Aug 05, 2019 15:44

Daetren wrote:
m0e wrote:

Well said, I certainly can agree with that.

The zerg keep and move zones traffic has been in place some time now and adopted by most any sob keep take group to avoid inc. Romu doesn't always need to but does often. I remember the zerg hit blend a while back. Opened the second door and the entire zerg turned and left just so they didn't have to fight. INCONCEIVABLE!

The server pop is far too low to encourage this behavior and to be quite honest it's embarrassing. Valfar was willing to teach some people to have a back bone but no one wants the job!
Anyways I'm hardly playing any daoc cause the endgame is dead on uth and that's primarily why I play. Zzz

nope.
your all wrong.
i have recorded history of albs failure in the beginning, i had to troll them back to life.
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=39996
here in this thread explains many of the issues you see today.

realms go through stages. and the server as a whole goes through stages.

cause precedes effect.

give that thread a read, and youll figure out where you and your realm (whichever one) are at and why they are in the boat they are in today.

Previous

Return to Albion