The reason Albion Sux is not the Classes

Public communication platform for all Albion players.
Drastix
Warder

Postby Drastix » Feb 14, 2017 19:47

Wislok
Warder

Postby Wislok » Feb 15, 2017 14:16

Enjoy the locked thread in 3...2....1....

drakuz
Myrmidon

Postby drakuz » Feb 24, 2017 12:48

/burp

yep, point stands strong.

drakuz
Myrmidon

Postby drakuz » Feb 24, 2017 12:48

Wislok wrote:Enjoy the locked thread in 3...2....1....

locked thread? where?

Drastix
Warder

Postby Drastix » Feb 24, 2017 16:36

It ain't locked... LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL

drakuz
Myrmidon

Postby drakuz » Aug 05, 2019 15:32

still not locked...
just checking :wink:

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Apr 20, 2020 01:39

Little necro

I will explain alb:

No Paladins and No Necros and No Minstrels.
Means
No Endo and No Mana
Means
Solo leveling or PL
Means
Either exp solo 6 months to try your class in RvR or make a necro
Means
Farm plat to pay for PL
Means
Inflation
Means
Farm more plats to Pay for PL
Means
Give up or Stay farming
Means
Buy PL to get a character lvl 50 after 2weeks
Means
Go on Necro to Farm to Make SC
Means
Try Char in RvR with 6 month late anyway...
Means
Realize that Alb has to have the only good setup viable:
Theurg/Minstrel/Sorc/Cleric/ClericorFriar/Cabalist/slam1/slam2 <-- none replaceable
Your slammer,sorc,cab need to be high RR, but they are not.
Unfortunately you made a minstrel but they already have one.
Rince Repeat.

On mid:
Runemaster = Cabalist+Theurg+Wiz
Healer = Sorc+Cleric
You already have cleared 2 spots for random classes with their advantages.

On hib:
Bard = Friar + Minstrel
Warden = Theurg + Friar
Eld = Cabalist + Wizard + Sorc

What do albs have to counter-balance the poor class core skills arrangements?
Quickcast on mezz of sorc
Spec AF buff...
Insta stun of meno
Good anytime slash styles...
Range of bolt and bow...

The only way for alb to win is number, cause all plebs will go there.
Also clerics are usually easily recognizable compared to the healer/warden/bard/druid

To summarize:
In non-organized RvR, Alb is at a big disadvantage, only overcome by number.
They have both a RR disadvantage, a core-skill arrangement disadvantage and a group composition strictness disadvantage.
The leveling experience is very bad making having numbers in RvR difficult.
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Apr 20, 2020 12:07

Please allow me to share my opinions on what you've shared.

Requin wrote:On mid:
Runemaster = Cabalist+Theurg+Wiz
Healer = Sorc+Cleric
You already have cleared 2 spots for random classes with their advantages.

The RM needs to spec high in Supp to get the high nearsight, the pbt is too much of a power draw so probably will just group cast bubble before inc, and the snare dd will not be used.
Not many go Runecarving as it's looked down on. Bolts/gtae/and resists. Other is Dark with debuffs for itself slightly (both single dd and AEdd), and best melee dmg add in the game for that mid tank train.
As for the healer, well again it depends on how you spec and is why all mid groups must run two healers. One pac, and one aug. Also just a sorc, the pac healer must be very good at understanding cc and rupts and then on top of that know when to backup heal. So needless to say a difficult job and high skill involved.

Requin wrote:On hib:
Bard = Friar + Minstrel
Warden = Theurg + Friar
Eld = Cabalist + Wizard + Sorc

The bard is more like the sorc in that the primary job is cc and rupts, second to that is heals. Twisting speed and endu non stop. There is really only one good spec. Needs a very skilled player. Not sure how its like a friar, but to be fair my group never ran with a friar while back on Alb.
Warden is kinda crap because it gets only bases, a group chant dmg add it will never use and a power draining pbt. But the resists are kinda needed, so that means you can't spec much more in heals or melee to be good at either of those.
Now the Eld is definitely like a cab but just like the cab it depends on how you spec as to what your role will be. Nearsight, AEmez, DQdebuff, and ride the heat train, or nore of a split spec and do the before mentioned with slighter lower spells but add in AE disease, pbaoe, SCdebuffAE. Another very skilled position.

Requin wrote:What do albs have to counter-balance the poor class core skills arrangements?
Quickcast on mezz of sorc
Spec AF buff...
Insta stun of meno
Good anytime slash styles...
Range of bolt and bow...

The only way for alb to win is number, cause all plebs will go there.
Also clerics are usually easily recognizable compared to the healer/warden/bard/druid

To summarize:
In non-organized RvR, Alb is at a big disadvantage, only overcome by number.
They have both a RR disadvantage, a core-skill arrangement disadvantage and a group composition strictness disadvantage.
The leveling experience is very bad making having numbers in RvR difficult.

Sorc has longest range Clear mind and AEmez in the game for rupts and should be leveraged heavily. Along with pet rupts and the AEdebuffs to weaken enemies. Or in the case of a body sorc, then pair up with a body debuffing cabby and watch em melt.

Sure spec AF is weak only because lately Albs don't fight heavy melee tank trains from Mid anymore. Still a nice thing to have.

The other things mentioned on the list I'm going to skip and just point out and reiterate some things I have noticed.
Albs have not been bring out enough sorcs and cabbies to leverage long range AEmez/clear mind and deal out cc/rupts/pet rupts/nearsight/pet clears/focus assist damage targets that are stuned/debuffed. Point is, there are plenty of set ups that alb can leverage to win, but the strength of the setup must be the focus point of the groups effort.
Example Arms for peels, 2x Cleric ofc, Mins for extra peels/rupt(melee, cast, pet). That is the core, so then the groups focus could be 2x Cab and 2x sorc. With one mind sorc to do that job, and the other sorc and cabs all body. Choose one of the cabs to be main assist, set macros, and work with cc to debuff and melt over extended targets. Utilizing 5 pets and all that utility you an push and kite as needed. There are other set ups as well and this is just one example.
See here: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C4lnnx5pOQ&t=889s[/youtube]
Albs do not need to zerg all of the time to win. Zerging only reduces the kinds of INC your opponent will allow.
As for RR disadvantage goes, let me point out that the hearld LWRP for all three realms shows that over 80 players from alb have gained RPs last week (yes including alts), and of that there are nearly two full groups of RR5-RR8 and one RR10. Looking at Hib LWRP there are over 50 players that gained RPs last week, but of that number there are less than one full group over RR5. I could give you the numbers for mid as well but I'll cut short of saying they are less then Hib.

The leveling experience is very slow if done the regular way. I agree it could use a boost. But I am also not opposed to getting power leveled and have leveled to 50 in around 2weeks only playing nights and weekends with help from my friends.

I hope you enjoyed my TedxTalk :grin:

Previous

Return to Albion