Reaver questions

Public communication platform for all Albion players.
Skarz
Gryphon Knight

Postby Skarz » Jan 05, 2017 05:34

Yokahu wrote:What I've gathered so far... Saracen is the optimal race in terms of weapon dmg and defense. In terms of weapon speed, Briton and Saracen are equal. They both can get to 250 quickness cap easier than Inconnu since it has 10 less qui at start.

Depending on how the first 30 points are distributed, 250 can be reached by using a 75 dex/qui charge (75 items + 75 charge + 60 stats + 24 AugQui4 + 16 initial pts = 250 quickness).

That being said, I don't know that spending 23 of the initial 30 points into quickness is worth it. I would rather place only 10 or 18 (14 total) of those points into quickness and the rest between either dex or con. (I said 18 because spending 20 points (+15) will give me an odd number in qui, 249).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very much correct, and regarding ur hesitation to spend so many points into quickness, its well worth it.
imo as a reaver the 250 quickness enabled me to land x5 levi during slam where many other reavers would only land 3-4. 1 con = 4 hit points so i dnt see that as worthy of ur starting attributes, as a reaver u dnt really care for strength since its soul purpose is to increase ur proc dmg by like 1 per x10 strength of something very minor, dex on the other hand has more than 1 function and i would personally up that given the choice.

Yokahu
Myrmidon

Postby Yokahu » Jan 08, 2017 04:48

Couldn't reavers use two instant lifetaps in 1.65 instead of only one?

Sillyfish
Gryphon Knight

Postby Sillyfish » Jan 08, 2017 15:17

Skarz wrote:
Yokahu wrote:What I've gathered so far... Saracen is the optimal race in terms of weapon dmg and defense. In terms of weapon speed, Briton and Saracen are equal. They both can get to 250 quickness cap easier than Inconnu since it has 10 less qui at start.

Depending on how the first 30 points are distributed, 250 can be reached by using a 75 dex/qui charge (75 items + 75 charge + 60 stats + 24 AugQui4 + 16 initial pts = 250 quickness).

That being said, I don't know that spending 23 of the initial 30 points into quickness is worth it. I would rather place only 10 or 18 (14 total) of those points into quickness and the rest between either dex or con. (I said 18 because spending 20 points (+15) will give me an odd number in qui, 249).

very much correct, and regarding ur hesitation to spend so many points into quickness, its well worth it.
imo as a reaver the 250 quickness enabled me to land x5 levi during slam where many other reavers would only land 3-4. 1 con = 4 hit points so i dnt see that as worthy of ur starting attributes, as a reaver u dnt really care for strength since its soul purpose is to increase ur proc dmg by like 1 per x10 strength of something very minor, dex on the other hand has more than 1 function and i would personally up that given the choice.

Except Flex damage and defense penetration is based 50% on Str and 50% On dex.

Proc damage is not Str's ONLY purpose.

Alistaja
Warder

Postby Alistaja » Jan 12, 2017 15:13

So I'm planning to roll a Reaver because I remember enjoying it years ago when I tried it. I'm not planning to go all hardcore on this but I was still thinking of autotraining till 40 and respeccing to flexible then. My question is which weapon should I use for levelling? If I go saracen with points in dex/qui it would make sense to use thrust as my weaponskill should then be highest? However, I feel like most seem to be saying go crush? Are the styles on crush line that much better? Other factor to weigh-in which I thought about is are crush or thrust weapons more common as drops? I feel like more crush weapons might come with irrelevant stats like +piety.

Caldrian
Gryphon Knight

Postby Caldrian » Jan 12, 2017 16:20

Crush has the 6 second anytime stun chain at 15, thats why many people suggest it. But with thrust you get the same as an after block, which as a reaver youre going to get off in most fights anyway, so thats not much worse. Thrust has better weapon availability and you will have much less competition for drops, it seems all of Albion is going crush right now. I leveled a thrust reaver once and would do it again.

Yokahu
Myrmidon

Postby Yokahu » Jan 12, 2017 16:52

I went thrust on my reaver (lvl 18 atm) and not regretting it. The stun off block is low endu cost and u will block a few times each fight.

joga
Myrmidon

Postby joga » Aug 16, 2018 00:09

How's the situation changing now with AT removed and Det3?

Fensus
Warder

Postby Fensus » Aug 16, 2018 01:02

joga wrote:How's the situation changing now with AT removed and Det3?

only thing that's changed is you don't need to level using a gimped spec and you might not get perma CC'd in RVR any more

Previous

Return to Albion