Reaver questions

Public communication platform for all Albion players.
Yokahu
Myrmidon

Postby Yokahu » Jan 02, 2017 04:16

What's the best race for a reaver? As I understand, the back style Levi would be the main source of damage, but what stats does it uses to determine its dmg? I heard it was a mix of str and dex but I'm not sure.

In any case, would a Saracen make a better reaver than a highlander/Briton/inconnu?

If I autotrain as a Saracen, does it make sense to spec thrust instead of crush, or should I go crush regardless of race because of the utility?

What's the difference between autotraining to 40 or AT to 48? Is it worth AT'ing during the last 8 levels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hazelhimself
Gryphon Knight

Postby hazelhimself » Jan 02, 2017 04:39

not a reaver expert...but math sez: saracen = optimal.
just dont forget to dump at least 10 points into qui.

the reaver ATing is tricky.
i personally would NEVER spend the extra AT points into SR. you are absolutely gimping your parry for minimal(!!) offensive potential.

check other reaver threads for details. this has been discussed before.
i personally would AT crush (crush is awesome for lvling.) till 40 to get some extra parry out of it....and flex is meh pre-50 anyway.

edit: looked up the thread for you. have fun!

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=38412

Eddie
Myrmidon

Postby Eddie » Jan 02, 2017 20:36

The whip dmg comes 50% from dex and 50% from str, but a good chunk of a reaver dmg comes from the procs anyway which are not modified by any stat.

saracen has 50+80 = 130, while breton has 120 in total, but breton has 10 more con. Also dex will make you block more, so saracen is the better choice overall, but if you like breton better go breton, as its not a big deal of a difference, they are basically equal.

regardless of the race you choose, go 10 con 10 dex 10 quick as starting points, and use crush to level up, as it has the best leveling anytime (low endurance). With 18 points in Flexible you get a very powerful side style which is gona make you do insane dmg in parties (you need another guy to tank the mob and you stay on the side) you will be pretty much outdamaging nukers and you dotn have to worry about mana. If you find a pally to duo with that can take the aggro self heal and give you end you ll level very quickly so you might wanna stop ATing at level 20 if you wanna level faster, or just till 40 if you dont care on cutting corners, but the few more points you get are just gona be some more parry @lvl 50.

Yokahu
Myrmidon

Postby Yokahu » Jan 03, 2017 18:01

Basically, if I'm going 50 flex 42 shield, the difference would be 41 soul and 6 parry vs 36 soul and 16 parry, depending if I auto train or not. Is the lvl 41 lifetap worth it at the spend of 10 more points into parry if I mostly want to solo and kill stealthers?

hazelhimself
Gryphon Knight

Postby hazelhimself » Jan 03, 2017 20:43

Yokahu wrote:Basically, if I'm going 50 flex 42 shield, the difference would be 41 soul and 6 parry vs 36 soul and 16 parry, depending if I auto train or not. Is the lvl 41 lifetap worth it at the spend of 10 more points into parry if I mostly want to solo and kill stealthers?

can you read? DO NOT GIMP YOUR PARRY.
you can thank me later, bro.

Yokahu
Myrmidon

Postby Yokahu » Jan 03, 2017 22:30

Geez, relax... bro. Of course I don't know how to read.

Yokahu
Myrmidon

Postby Yokahu » Jan 04, 2017 01:31

Will Uthgard 2.0 get the new RA's patch someday (such as giving determination to Reavers) or will it have the old RAs forever?

Thinking about the long run... I know reavers will not be wanted in 8v8 at this patch (so I've heard) and I was wondering if reavers will ever be wanted in 8v8 in future patches.

Cirdan
Eagle Knight

Postby Cirdan » Jan 04, 2017 01:42

Yokahu wrote:Will Uthgard 2.0 get the new RA's patch someday (such as giving determination to Reavers) or will it have the old RAs forever?

Thinking about the long run... I know reavers will not be wanted in 8v8 at this patch (so I've heard) and I was wondering if reavers will ever be wanted in 8v8 in future patches.

Uthgard is staying at 1.65

Ardri
Eagle Knight

Postby Ardri » Jan 04, 2017 04:43

Cirdan wrote:
Yokahu wrote:Will Uthgard 2.0 get the new RA's patch someday (such as giving determination to Reavers) or will it have the old RAs forever?

Uthgard is staying at 1.65

Personally i think the Old RA system will get boring really fast. Every class gets their 30min purge, casters get mcl, and if you're lucky and have a good rr5 you get that. Aside from the occasionally FA2 > IP, everyone just dumps the rest of their points into passives. Kind of a snooze fest to be honest.

I hope the new RA's make a comeback eventually. A lot more diversity and active RA's leads for more interesting gameplay. Also makes a lot more classes viable by getting their rr5, or in most cases a useful rr5, for free.
<Bushido>
Ardri - Minstrel
Quickonthedraw - Cabalist
Bareknucklechamp - Merc

http://imgur.com/P2fR3JZ

Skarz
Gryphon Knight

Postby Skarz » Jan 04, 2017 06:05

Eddie wrote:The whip dmg comes 50% from dex and 50% from str, but a good chunk of a reaver dmg comes from the procs anyway which are not modified by any stat.

saracen has 50+80 = 130, while breton has 120 in total, but breton has 10 more con. Also dex will make you block more, so saracen is the better choice overall, but if you like breton better go breton, as its not a big deal of a difference, they are basically equal.

regardless of the race you choose, go 10 con 10 dex 10 quick as starting points, and use crush to level up, as it has the best leveling anytime (low endurance). With 18 points in Flexible you get a very powerful side style which is gona make you do insane dmg in parties (you need another guy to tank the mob and you stay on the side) you will be pretty much outdamaging nukers and you dotn have to worry about mana. If you find a pally to duo with that can take the aggro self heal and give you end you ll level very quickly so you might wanna stop ATing at level 20 if you wanna level faster, or just till 40 if you dont care on cutting corners, but the few more points you get are just gona be some more parry @lvl 50.

My imput on the subjet. Ignore this guy 1st of all.

Style procs are 50% dex 50% str based.

In fact style procs ARE ur damage. Dnt do anytimes and dnt do reactionals.

Yes AT is very important so do it all, this is where ur parry comes from.

Reavers most important stat is quickness and saracen can reach the 250 hard cap with the right starting atributes apllied ( NOT 10con 10 dex 10 str lol ) + ra's.

And lastly in a nutshell how to play a reaver. Levi + side style follow up and strafe to win the players back like ur life depends on it coz it does.

Aelred
Myrmidon

Postby Aelred » Jan 04, 2017 10:38

Yokahu wrote:Thinking about the long run... I know reavers will not be wanted in 8v8 at this patch (so I've heard) and I was wondering if reavers will ever be wanted in 8v8 in future patches.

Like Cirdan said, Reavers won't be changing. However, if you want to play your Reaver in RvR, you shouldn't have trouble getting groups in zergs, keep assault/defense, or casual 8mans. If you want to play in competitive 8v8 groups, you will either have to find a guild that is comfortable playing around your class's weaknesses, or become such a good player that you'll do a better job anyways than the Mercenary competing for that spot.

Eddie
Myrmidon

Postby Eddie » Jan 04, 2017 10:46

Skarz wrote:My imput on the subjet. Ignore this guy 1st of all.

Style procs are 50% dex 50% str based.

In fact style procs ARE ur damage. Dnt do anytimes and dnt do reactionals.

Yes AT is very important so do it all, this is where ur parry comes from.

Reavers most important stat is quickness and saracen can reach the 250 hard cap with the right starting atributes apllied ( NOT 10con 10 dex 10 str lol ) + ra's.

And lastly in a nutshell how to play a reaver. Levi + side style follow up and strafe to win the players back like ur life depends on it coz it does.

funny how you didnt give any input at all, you didnt give your "correct" stat distrubution, and you only added random vague infos such as: strafe2win and dont do anytimes, which is totally what the guy was asking, nutshell 1 line advices on how to play PvP 1v1, thats what everyone is looking for!

I dont even have to tell him to ignore you :D

Thalien
Phoenix Knight

Postby Thalien » Jan 04, 2017 11:17

You could also add that saracen and briton have excactly the same quickness so if thats the most important it doesn't matter indeed to be briton or saracen :)

And i don't see where you recommend 10 str 10 dex 10 con :-P
Fabienne - Blademaster
Junia - Bard
Audrina - Ench
-----
Zoe - Sorc
Stella - Pala
Devon - Scout

Skarz
Gryphon Knight

Postby Skarz » Jan 04, 2017 14:35

Lol u can figure out starting stats urself now i gave u the right stat to aim for.

Yokahu
Myrmidon

Postby Yokahu » Jan 05, 2017 00:33

What I've gathered so far... Saracen is the optimal race in terms of weapon dmg and defense. In terms of weapon speed, Briton and Saracen are equal. They both can get to 250 quickness cap easier than Inconnu since it has 10 less qui at start.

Depending on how the first 30 points are distributed, 250 can be reached by using a 75 dex/qui charge (75 items + 75 charge + 60 stats + 24 AugQui4 + 16 initial pts = 250 quickness).

That being said, I don't know that spending 23 of the initial 30 points into quickness is worth it. I would rather place only 10 or 18 (14 total) of those points into quickness and the rest between either dex or con. (I said 18 because spending 20 points (+15) will give me an odd number in qui, 249).

Next

Return to Albion