An Ancient Foe

Here you can comment on news articles.
Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Sep 18, 2021 23:02

fremster wrote:
Rudra wrote:the idea is pretty good, unfortunately not properly thought out.

Agree, the lwrps board already show how poorly designed this was.
I'm totally for incentives to rvr, but this event is just a platform for people to get rp pl.

I am glad you seem to like it based on your LW RP
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Svea
INVADER

Postby Svea » Sep 18, 2021 23:07

that was before the event started. if your site was better you might see this. #bringback daoc.sheffel.it

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Sep 18, 2021 23:28

Genjiro wrote:
fremster wrote:
Rudra wrote:the idea is pretty good, unfortunately not properly thought out.

Agree, the lwrps board already show how poorly designed this was.
I'm totally for incentives to rvr, but this event is just a platform for people to get rp pl.

I am glad you seem to like it based on your LW RP

I'm curious to who you think I am on the lwrps board. But I can tell you I have probably killed 10 Invader mobs since the event started (and I am not in the top 10 lwrps).

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Sep 19, 2021 00:39

I find it funny that the people that complain are the ones that get to play when there is higher population (I.E. EU time players).

If you don't like that NA players can get RP's when you're not online, then simply log in and stop them.

Gilded
Myrmidon

Postby Gilded » Sep 19, 2021 01:42

I'm sure you data will show these mobs are being farmed and that speed classes, solo or grouped, will have more rps off them than any other class.

The people who love this are prob the same jackasses who protested when there were keep and guard tasks on Uthg1, had them nerfed and the server went *poof* 5-6 months later.

NA is dying again, even with slight pop increase, keeps are way too high for 4-5 to consider attacking... let alone a solid FG.

Knock off these "events", implement a system that actually benefits low pop realms on non-peak hours, stop allowing jackasses to realm hop at will.... and maybe when you ban someone, post about it and don't let them back. Ever.

:-P

virulent-
Gryphon Knight

Postby virulent- » Sep 19, 2021 01:51

over 100k~ rp made in a day and no one had the balls to gank me once with afk players stuck to me. :hammer: gg :D
Drastic / Blademistaire / Kardashian
<Ravensworn> of Hibernia, Palomides 2001 - 2002 *** <Triggered> of Albion, Uthgard2 2017 - 2021

Lewk
Warder

Postby Lewk » Sep 19, 2021 04:44

virulent- wrote:over 100k~ rp made in a day and no one had the balls to gank me once with afk players stuck to me. :hammer: gg :D

"and there was no one on the server to gank me once" - ftfy

Seriously though if you did 100k off doppelgangers that had to have been a BORING 8-10+ hours...
Last edited by Lewk on Sep 19, 2021 07:48, edited 2 times in total.

joshisanonymous
Myrmidon

Postby joshisanonymous » Sep 19, 2021 06:20

Lewk wrote:
Rudra wrote:It would have been a better solution to collect a few ideas and then tinker something out of them.
I don't want to get Rp for PvE.

My ideas would be:

A maximum of 3-5 quests per day.
Raide 5 keeps-- Reward 1000 rp in addition to a maximum of rr 5
Kill 25 players (Albion, Hibernia; Midgard differentiated would still be an option)
Destroy 5 siege machines of enemy players.
Kill 50 Keepguards.
As far as I am concerned, repping the relict gates also reward 25 rp per rep, for example.

I could well imagine something like that.
Or solo and group exercises.
This is not meant to be a criticism, but rather suggestions for the future.

Greetings Rudra/Irela/Partymonster

another idea:
implements these mobs in keeps when killing there is an additional 1000 rp.
and by def this mob 500 rp

I think these are great ideas for a server with population. You are however playing Uthgard. EU prime time is actually a workable pop, but NA/Late night there are 0 people on. This type of thing gives an opportunity for people to find a reward every so often. there are literally only 5 up at any time across a whole massive frontier zone.

It is a great change, and extremely well targeted for the server and its extremely low pop. well done Genjiro.

100% agree. If anything even potentially needs tweaking, it would just be the amount of RPs you get per kill. Making the tasks something like raiding 5 keeps is just absolutely absurd for this server. Sure, if you're animist using exploits to kill keep lords without even breaking down doors, maybe doing 5 keeps is reasonable, but otherwise it's just saying, "Hey, why don't you do this thing five times that you can't do even once because of low pop and we'll give you an extra reward?" Not to mention, the invader event promotes random encounters in open field with enemy players and works for all group sizes whereas the other suggestions would just reinforce the sort of empty keep taking gameplay that has been the bread and butter of Uthgard ever since Phoenix launched.
*Current Lives*
Might pop in here on my BD sometimes.
(Atlas) Baudith/RM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD > (Phoenix) Kroll/SM > (BL2) Baud/Warlock

joshisanonymous
Myrmidon

Postby joshisanonymous » Sep 19, 2021 06:27

Gilded wrote:I'm sure you data will show these mobs are being farmed and that speed classes, solo or grouped, will have more rps off them than any other class.

The people who love this are prob the same jackasses who protested when there were keep and guard tasks on Uthg1, had them nerfed and the server went *poof* 5-6 months later.

NA is dying again, even with slight pop increase, keeps are way too high for 4-5 to consider attacking... let alone a solid FG.

Knock off these "events", implement a system that actually benefits low pop realms on non-peak hours, stop allowing jackasses to realm hop at will.... and maybe when you ban someone, post about it and don't let them back. Ever.

:-P

Frankly, I'm thoroughly confused about your stance here. "Knock of the events" but also "implement a system that actually benefits low pop realms on non-peak hours"? This event literally benefits low pop realms on non-peak hours.
*Current Lives*
Might pop in here on my BD sometimes.
(Atlas) Baudith/RM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD > (Phoenix) Kroll/SM > (BL2) Baud/Warlock

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Sep 19, 2021 06:42

joshisanonymous wrote:
Lewk wrote:
Rudra wrote:It would have been a better solution to collect a few ideas and then tinker something out of them.

My ideas would be:

Kill 25 players (Albion, Hibernia; Midgard differentiated would still be an option)
Kill 50 Keepguards.
As far as I am concerned, repping the relict gates also reward 25 rp per rep, for example.

another idea:

I think these are great ideas for a server with population. You are however playing Uthgard. EU prime time is actually a workable pop, but NA/Late night there are 0 people on. This type of thing gives an opportunity for people to find a reward every so often. there are literally only 5 up at any time across a whole massive frontier zone.

It is a great change, and extremely well targeted for the server and its extremely low pop. well done Genjiro.

100% agree. If anything even potentially needs tweaking, it would just be the amount of RPs you get per kill. Making the tasks something like raiding 5 keeps is just absolutely absurd for this server. Sure, if you're animist using exploits to kill keep lords without even breaking down doors, maybe doing 5 keeps is reasonable, but otherwise it's just saying, "Hey, why don't you do this thing five times that you can't do even once because of low pop and we'll give you an extra reward?" Not to mention, the invader event promotes random encounters in open field with enemy players and works for all group sizes whereas the other suggestions would just reinforce the sort of empty keep taking gameplay that has been the bread and butter of Uthgard ever since Phoenix launched.

I would have to raid 7 keeps solo to get 1000 rp.
As an animist, this mob is totally easy for me and would take a maximum of 1 minute.
The idea for this event itself is great, only the implementation could have been better.
That with the keeps was just a suggestion that can be adjusted at any time.
Such tasks should only serve to bring more people into the RvR and should not be the main rp donor.
But I myself will sit out at the event and only take part in the real RvR.

In my opinion a PvE event for Rp.

Greetings

Lewk
Warder

Postby Lewk » Sep 19, 2021 07:52

Genjiro wrote:As it always has been. There are those who like it, and others who don't.
The same goes for extremists putting a ton of hours into a video game.

As for now keep hunting. I did tweak numbers a bit and will keep an eye on kills.
I also want to use this small event to gather more data.

Early in the day we killed 4 mobs in the space of an hour. Tonight we went almost 2 hours and only ever found a single mob. We have a large number of possible spawn locations mapped, so it wasn't even a matter of "knowing the locations", it just seems the spawn rate has been lowered quite a lot. Seems like it is in a good place that you can potentially find/hunt these as a small man, giving you SOMETHING to do in RvR when there is no potential for keep takes/enemy players.

Great work Genjiro!

Lewk
Warder

Postby Lewk » Sep 19, 2021 07:54

Genjiro wrote:As it always has been. There are those who like it, and others who don't.
The same goes for extremists putting a ton of hours into a video game.

As for now keep hunting. I did tweak numbers a bit and will keep an eye on kills.
I also want to use this small event to gather more data.

Early in the day we killed 4 mobs in the space of an hour. Tonight we went almost 2 hours and only ever found a single mob. We have a large number of possible spawn locations mapped, so it wasn't even a matter of "knowing the locations", it just seems the spawn rate has been lowered quite a lot. Seems like it is in a good place that you can potentially find/hunt these as a small man, giving you SOMETHING to do in RvR when there is no potential for keep takes/enemy players.

Great work Genjiro! This event is bringing small man groups and even FGs out into the RvR zones and has them roaming around!

PS> is it 3 mobs per realm frontier? (ie 3 in mid, 3 in hib and 3 in alb, or 3 for the ENTIRE frontier ?)

Kayd
Warder

Postby Kayd » Sep 19, 2021 08:11

How about every time you fill your XP bar at Level 50, you gain a Realm Rank up to Realm Rank 5?

The biggest barrier to actually enjoying RvR or PvP right now is getting your characters' base realm abilities which give them a chance at being competitive. Let everyone XP their way to RR5 and more will be inclined to actually take those characters out into real RvR.

Nakja
Myrmidon

Postby Nakja » Sep 19, 2021 10:11

My ideas would be:

Kill 50 Keepguards.

another idea:

There should be not RPs for PvE. The current event may be an exception because the intention was probably lure players into rvr to fight against. However, the whole thing failed because killing the invader alone give far more rewarding. And all doing this now and doging fights. (Except an 6men alb group that try to fight us yesterday).

Evidence: why no one take keeps anymore? And about the lwrp, some play one toon, other 3 or 4. In summary the same.

Just my opinion.
Gwyneth, Gwynefer, Naiba, Takhi, Gwyntreth, StarletKristina, Talvi, Mousebear

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Sep 19, 2021 10:39

I'll say it again the idea is actually great, only the implementation could have been better.
It may be possible to implement these mobs later in the low bg's.
The bg's are smaller and there would be more fighting.
So you could very well support the small chars and they would start better in the real Rvr.
Since there is only RP for killing players there.

Greeting

PreviousNext

Return to News