fiskgrodan
Myrmidon

Postby fiskgrodan » Sep 19, 2021 13:23

Thanks for the event!

Reptar
Guardian

Postby Reptar » Sep 19, 2021 15:19

Thank you for the event.

In case any staff is listening - please keep those xp bonuses. I have to solo level (no players at my level NA time) and I couldn't stomach it without them.

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Sep 19, 2021 17:12

Lewk wrote:PS> is it 3 mobs per realm frontier? (ie 3 in mid, 3 in hib and 3 in alb, or 3 for the ENTIRE frontier ?)

Max 3 spawend at the same time in each Frontier. Best case: 9 Invaders are spawned.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

joshisanonymous
Myrmidon

Postby joshisanonymous » Sep 19, 2021 17:59

Nakja wrote:There should be not RPs for PvE. The current event may be an exception because the intention was probably lure players into rvr to fight against. However, the whole thing failed because killing the invader alone give far more rewarding. And all doing this now and doging fights. (Except an 6men alb group that try to fight us yesterday).

Evidence: why no one take keeps anymore? And about the lwrp, some play one toon, other 3 or 4. In summary the same.

Just my opinion.

People are dodging fights? Why did I get killed multiple times yesterday by a smallman that was looking for the Invader then? Why did that smallman end up getting killed a few times by FGs? And if the Invader alone is more rewarding, then it's only more rewarding than getting basically no RPs at all no matter how long you play considering that people are reporting hunting Invaders for hours and only killing a couple if any. And maybe people aren't taking keeps because they wouldn't be able to take keeps with the random small groups they cobble together to hunt Invaders, BUT, they can hunt Invaders and have open field fights with enemy realms in the process, so instead of just not RvRing at all, they're.... RvRing.

This server is so freaking weird anymore. It seems like some of the people who never left Uthgard are just dead set on talking down every attempt to make the server attractive to more players. All this stuff about the event being RP PLing and how people should just be taking keeps instead. FFS, half the time on Mid the /who 50 includes less than a FG, sometimes less than a smallman, and y'all are suggesting that things like moving this event to the BGs (which completely misses the point that there's barely any RvR at 50) and replacing it with things like "destroying 5 siege machines" or "killing 25 players". What world are y'all living in where you will ever even find 5 siege machines or 25 enemy players let alone be able to kill them if you have literally no one to group with in your realm?
*Current Lives*
Might pop in here on my BD sometimes.
(Atlas) Baudith/RM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD > (Phoenix) Kroll/SM > (BL2) Baud/Warlock

Pao
Gryphon Knight

Postby Pao » Sep 19, 2021 19:04

Cool event. Keep up the good work. This is the chance to revive the server.
Hope GMs are fine with what they have stated, that they are fine with just 80 people (300ppl was Trishin Statement long time ago) playing the game under their vision.
Its important to leave this server running doesn't matter how low the numbers will be. The other servers can fail but Uthgard still will be there, thats Uthgards only chance.

Edit 19/09/21: Well Uthgards chance has come.

Lewk
Warder

Postby Lewk » Sep 19, 2021 20:07

joshisanonymous wrote:
Nakja wrote:There should be not RPs for PvE. The current event may be an exception because the intention was probably lure players into rvr to fight against. However, the whole thing failed because killing the invader alone give far more rewarding. And all doing this now and doging fights. (Except an 6men alb group that try to fight us yesterday).

Evidence: why no one take keeps anymore? And about the lwrp, some play one toon, other 3 or 4. In summary the same.

Just my opinion.

People are dodging fights? Why did I get killed multiple times yesterday by a smallman that was looking for the Invader then? Why did that smallman end up getting killed a few times by FGs? And if the Invader alone is more rewarding, then it's only more rewarding than getting basically no RPs at all no matter how long you play considering that people are reporting hunting Invaders for hours and only killing a couple if any. And maybe people aren't taking keeps because they wouldn't be able to take keeps with the random small groups they cobble together to hunt Invaders, BUT, they can hunt Invaders and have open field fights with enemy realms in the process, so instead of just not RvRing at all, they're.... RvRing.

This server is so freaking weird anymore. It seems like some of the people who never left Uthgard are just dead set on talking down every attempt to make the server attractive to more players. All this stuff about the event being RP PLing and how people should just be taking keeps instead. FFS, half the time on Mid the /who 50 includes less than a FG, sometimes less than a smallman, and y'all are suggesting that things like moving this event to the BGs (which completely misses the point that there's barely any RvR at 50) and replacing it with things like "destroying 5 siege machines" or "killing 25 players". What world are y'all living in where you will ever even find 5 siege machines or 25 enemy players let alone be able to kill them if you have literally no one to group with in your realm?

This man speaks truth. With the adjusted spawn rate/# of spawns, invaders are really good right now. Rewarding enough to go hunt them, rare enough to quit after 30-45 min of not finding anything.

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Sep 20, 2021 03:40

I think the reason keeps are being taken less is more due them being mostly lvl 8-9. The lvl 1 keeps are still getting traded. Lower them to 8s+ to 4 or below and watch the keep trading commence.

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Sep 20, 2021 10:38

Lewk wrote:This man speaks truth. With the adjusted spawn rate/# of spawns, invaders are really good right now. Rewarding enough to go hunt them, rare enough to quit after 30-45 min of not finding anything.

Agree. Nice job with the tweaks!

Tool999
Warder

Postby Tool999 » Sep 20, 2021 21:08

Thanks for remember me, how weak my rr7 hunter is, cant solo this mob full buffed and with IP up :D

Jean-Jacques
Myrmidon

Postby Jean-Jacques » Sep 20, 2021 22:17

Ebbie wrote:Exciting event. Thanks Genjiro!!!

In search of the Invader for the RPs I actually came across one of them in hibernia zone. :hammer:
From yellow to level 50 for my hunter 3L5 it immediately switches to Orange as soon as you hit it and pursues you as fast as you yourself in run mode: it means that it is stronger than you at endurance and necessarily catches up with you. :confused:
Well bin too bad the 1000 rps are not for me. :D
The advice of the day: you have to be an HL tank or in a group otherwise you are dead. 8O
Sorry if bad Anglish. Good day and good game all. :grin:

Kessa
Warder

Postby Kessa » Sep 21, 2021 11:10

Same with my ranger. This is not a solo task!
:(

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Sep 22, 2021 11:53

It's odd sometimes. On my valewalker I just hade 2 fights (without af buff up) that I lost. While usually I just have something about 50% health left. Next try on the same mob with AF buff up I still went down to 30%. The next Doubleganger didnt even touch me and I was left with 96% health....
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Sep 22, 2021 17:34

Satiah wrote:It's odd sometimes. On my valewalker I just hade 2 fights (without af buff up) that I lost. While usually I just have something about 50% health left. Next try on the same mob with AF buff up I still went down to 30%. The next Doubleganger didnt even touch me and I was left with 96% health....

They can spawn at different levels. I saw this at level 48, sometimes they would con orange and sometimes red.

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Sep 22, 2021 23:50

Its a fun event and im glad for something new ! :hammer:
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

Jean-Jacques
Myrmidon

Postby Jean-Jacques » Sep 27, 2021 23:08

I would like to know if a hunter managed to kill one and especially how ?

PreviousNext

Return to News