A Summer's Task

Here you can comment on news articles.
Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jun 02, 2019 22:16

Greetings Uthgard players,

We'd like to share a quick note to let you know of some recent progress. Over the weekend, a total of 159 item kill task items were added, with 74 of them being in classic and the remainder in Shrouded Isles, which is under development. We are working to continue to bring further enhancements and will keep you updated as we are able.

Stefacle
Guardian

Postby Stefacle » Jun 03, 2019 08:21

Great news, really looking forward to returning to Uthgard with the SI launch.

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Jun 03, 2019 10:04

Keep it going Aby + Genjy! It's good to see changes, updates and news happening more frequently.

- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Jun 03, 2019 12:22

Thanks for the update. Please remember to post the changes in the Facebook group also!

hamesch
INVADER

Postby hamesch » Jun 03, 2019 18:10

Do I have to level all my Chars after the update from zero to hero again?

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jun 03, 2019 21:02

Thanks for the step up in updates and news, bug fixing is going great and adding new content in small portions as well.

With all those kill task items in place, I would like to invite players to record logs of getting these items, so we can get the drop chances logged in the bestiary: http://disorder.dk/daoc/bestiary/xpitems.php
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Banael
Warder

Postby Banael » Jun 03, 2019 22:04

Many thanks GM's,
your player base is really thankful for the effort :grin:
[img]https://uthsig.000webhostapp.com/uthsig.php?

trebbettes
Myrmidon

Postby trebbettes » Jun 04, 2019 17:41

Can someone tell me how the turn-ins work...

How many of each item can I turn in?

Is there a max number of turn-ins per level?

Does it matter what level I turn them in at?

Roughly how much exp should I be getting for them?
E.g. if I run in 10 items is that likely to be half a bun or half a level? Appreciate it will depend on level/item.

Tried to level a minstrel recently and burnt out around level 35 as it was pretty much all solo so this may help get me back on again.
The enemy lined the shore in a dense armed mass.
Among them were black-robed women with disheveled hair like Furies, brandishing torches.
Close by stood Druids, raising their hands to heaven and screaming dreadful curses.

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Jun 04, 2019 18:52

Hey, 35 is when mincers get really fun...shamaness pet is amazing: dots the enemy, and heals you.

15, per item, per character.

No, this is regulated by the different level caps of various items. Usually the best idea is to wait until the max level and turn them in then.

All items have a level range they can be turned in at...it shows up when you delve the item. Again, you'll get the most xp by waiting until the max level to turn in.

1 Turn in = 1% of the total xp for that level. So 15 turn ins is always exactly 15% xp for that level, or 1.5 bubs.

Hope that helps. Also, after the shamaness minstrels get a bunch of great charm pets for FZ xping...the Pictish Druid, the Iso Cleric, the Ellyl Windchaser...but yeah lots of buttons!
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Anomie
Myrmidon

Postby Anomie » Jun 04, 2019 21:20

Sweetness!

I'd been puzzled at the fact that the Glimmer Gems i'd picked up were not stacking with the older ones. Then i saw the delve info dialogue was worded differently. Also checked a few other items and some look different like the Grovewood Bark with it's distinguishing icon.

(I'll be sending in more logs, Mads!)

I haven't checked out the Hills of Claret, but i do appreciate the work, and especially on the bug fixes ; I love that items are stacking automatically now, for instance. And since the reboot two nights ago i've not had the weird lagging that was with us for a week.

Fantastic work folks!
[img]https://uthsig.000webhostapp.com/uthsig.php?myceliumrunning+animists+bawd+rearranger+cowarden+vitamix[/img]

trebbettes
Myrmidon

Postby trebbettes » Jun 05, 2019 02:58

Grahmdal wrote:Hey, 35 is when mincers get really fun...shamaness pet is amazing: dots the enemy, and heals you.

15, per item, per character.

No, this is regulated by the different level caps of various items. Usually the best idea is to wait until the max level and turn them in then.

All items have a level range they can be turned in at...it shows up when you delve the item. Again, you'll get the most xp by waiting until the max level to turn in.

1 Turn in = 1% of the total xp for that level. So 15 turn ins is always exactly 15% xp for that level, or 1.5 bubs.

Hope that helps. Also, after the shamaness minstrels get a bunch of great charm pets for FZ xping...the Pictish Druid, the Iso Cleric, the Ellyl Windchaser...but yeah lots of buttons!

Thanks for the info Gram.

I may come back and give it a go. My thinking is that it will only be the frontier ones that will be worth the effort. Unless the drop rate is crazy high. The FZ bonus will outstrip the item bonus by quite a margin, I expect. But I can see 4 tasks that are in the frontier zones that are for my level range so if they are near a keep I can maybe take advantage of both bonuses, which could be nice.

I was using the shaman pet just before I burnt out, maybe I'll come try some more. It wasn't really the 'fun' level of the character, more the monotony of the solo life. The exp bar getting harder and harder to move. I know there is a steep ramp up in exp required per level after 40 too, something I was dreading (unless this has changed?).

I'm sure i'll get there one day. Will just take me a while as I imagine ill need to keep taking breaks.

Tried to find a friendly 50 necro to take me farming with him but no luck :lol:
The enemy lined the shore in a dense armed mass.
Among them were black-robed women with disheveled hair like Furies, brandishing torches.
Close by stood Druids, raising their hands to heaven and screaming dreadful curses.

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Jun 05, 2019 03:30

Sorry to get a bit off topic...but at level 40, the XP cap takes a big jump....usually level 38 & 39 take about as long as 43 & 44. With (IMO) 40,41,42, being substantially quicker than 39.

Honestly, we 120ish people that log in each day, could do a lot of good for the server, just by farming and selling (cheaply :P) the xp loot for 40+ at least in Alb...lots of those new items are on really easy camps w/ lots of mobs.
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Greymob
Guardian

Postby Greymob » Jun 05, 2019 15:19

Tyvm for this but frog eyes do not drop, Undead monk do not drop either. regardless of what is said i spent 2 hrs at frogs in snow..0 drops at lvl 36 on my friar..1 hr at monks..same thing. Was going to post on issue tracker but the prevous person who did had it marked as invalid. But it seems he was correct.. Nothing drops.

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Jun 05, 2019 15:32

Come XP in the Alb frontiers.

• Good XP in frontier
  • As alb keeps often owned by Alb - even better XP bonuses
  • Nice and quiet and never griefed by anyone ;) *cough*
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

vaneesse
Warder

Postby vaneesse » Jun 05, 2019 16:09

Greymob wrote:Tyvm for this but frog eyes do not drop, Undead monk do not drop either. regardless of what is said i spent 2 hrs at frogs in snow..0 drops at lvl 36 on my friar..1 hr at monks..same thing. Was going to post on issue tracker but the prevous person who did had it marked as invalid. But it seems he was correct.. Nothing drops.

/agree : no Frog eye (issue tracker #4899), no Dried Monk Skull, and may be (only 20-30 mobs killed) no Danaoin Fishing Fly, no Enchanted Metal Studs, and no Ever-burning Ember.

Ghoulics Vipers in Barrows drop Fangs, yes I can confirm, but NPC Nydomath doesn't want them :cry:

Help ^^

Next

Return to News