Frontier's Update: Call to Arms

Here you can comment on news articles.
kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » May 21, 2019 14:50

Yep it is what it is.

However, I do hope I can have some fights in there. I was just mad that I didn't even get a chance to fight any of those people, as they collected their RPs and then just opted out I guess.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Galandriel4
Myrmidon

Postby Galandriel4 » May 21, 2019 15:24

i spit on honourless holsten

Daetren
Myrmidon

Postby Daetren » May 21, 2019 15:25

I feel the new changes detract attention from the main RVR zones everyone is meant to roam.
Did I see tasks mentioned in future QoL?
Tasks are the natural progression of Live servers in the sense they answered issues that arose as a need to promote action.
Tasks and events throughout the year kept people focused on progression and fostered activity.
Solo, Small/8man, and zerg/keep tasks is the foundation in which a balanced RvR zone is upheld.
Realm points are not given but earned like any competitive game. Tasks allowed newbies/fresh from 50 realm ranks/ or just unskilled players to attain rps through a trial of traversing enemy territory and completing a goal. This also completed the cycle for RvR and PvP focused players to thrive off of not only these taskers, but those attempting to do the same. These'mini games' or sub goals to attaining realm superiority were a crucial aspect of RvR endgame.
Side Note: If these Generals are supposed to act in this function I would highly suggest the tasks for regular zones otherwise no one will access those areas due to ease of BG. Even in BG it's pretty dismal numbers since Mondays launch.

Regardless of these changes or my thoughts on tasks, the deeper issues still seem to be unanswered.
My previous mentions of New RA's(most importantly)/new abilities, tasks/events, and change logs are all core to keeping a more interactive endgame for all. Almost half of all classes old RA list are useless and kill efficiency and utility.

There should be bg's all the way to 49 to help ppl continue to learn there classes, get rps, and be fairly well off to enter RvR. Once 50 they should be brought to FZ and continue the battle there.

Ultimately Uth1>Uth2 for simple reasons of game play.

Unfortunately at this point its not stemming bleeding its injecting a blood transfusion that wont take.
There's a time and place to act and I feel that was some time ago before numbers hit all time lows.

Talking to the "player council" members I know explained no one saw this change coming. Most were under the impression of tasks, which would've been preferable. After all this time I hoped sense would rule instead of jumping the gun.

*A precious tid-bit extra* Classic has been remade my Live/Mythic/Broadsword once before (Uth2) and ultimately failed when side by side continuing updated Live regular servers(Any other free-shard looking to make a name). I was there for it and now I am here to witness the same path. I've seen this path being taken for some time now but staff prefers anonymity and secret changes rather than up front communication on a regular basis to confront REAL issues.
As far as I've seen nothing has changed and nothing will change in any reasonable time frame.

Yes, my posts seems negative, but I speak the truths I've learned from playing DAoC for a long long time. Most of it is common sense, but they say thats not common anymore. I will always pay respects to hard work and free work. The times I and many have had on Uth1/2 have been unforgettable and I continue to thank staff for their hard work. My biggest wish is New RA's/abilities without a doubt.
First of my name, Boon of Midgard, Solous Shamanus, the relentless, King of Dodens and the first men, Breaker of mezzes, and Father of The Dream.

R.I.P
Uth1 - Ist Aid [Nomad Jarl]- 8L3 Kobby Shaman - 900+ REAL Solo Kills ~
Uth2 - Ist Aid [TEAM AMERICA]- 8L5 Kobby Shaman - 500+ REAL Solo Kills ~
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDaetr/videos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3fAbTMqYoTivisVB9 - Uth1 Album (Birth and Death of Respect)

holsten-knight
Lion Knight

Postby holsten-knight » May 21, 2019 18:56

kinthos wrote:
Galandriel4 wrote:holsten is bad man. killing people rezzsick

Bad character - no honour - your choice of words is "bad man". Intended sarcasm or not - it loses effect when it's true.

Maybe, IP/purge was down and he wanted to go hide for 30mins. Better to just take the rps and hide like a RR9 wimp.

:lol: :lol: just :lol:

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » May 21, 2019 20:07

holsten-knight wrote:
kinthos wrote:
Galandriel4 wrote:holsten is bad man. killing people rezzsick

Bad character - no honour - your choice of words is "bad man". Intended sarcasm or not - it loses effect when it's true.

Maybe, IP/purge was down and he wanted to go hide for 30mins. Better to just take the rps and hide like a RR9 wimp.

:lol: :lol: just :lol:

In all seriousness- keep coming out. I won't make the mistake of wanting to fight you so obviously next time.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » May 21, 2019 22:05

Would be nice to tone the number of guards down tbh. I see how by having 50 guards is fun if there is a fg attacking but with the number of players I think they should be reduced. Also considering they aggro from a large range.. I'd also be for a 4 man group cap.

Rector
Alerion Knight

Postby Rector » May 22, 2019 12:32

will defnitly try it out!

Bunjip
Myrmidon

Postby Bunjip » May 22, 2019 12:43

and it would be nice to see who holds the ck like on https://daoc.scheffel.it/realm fx
i prefer http://herald.uthgard.net/herald.php?view=overview but unfortunaletly no bg's shown at all :(

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » May 22, 2019 17:48

Bunjip wrote:and it would be nice to see who holds the ck like on https://daoc.scheffel.it/realm fx
i prefer http://herald.uthgard.net/herald.php?view=overview but unfortunaletly no bg's shown at all :(

I'd like that too but I don't know who looks after the alternative herald there. The BG status is very nice.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -

Skurk
Myrmidon

Postby Skurk » May 22, 2019 18:32

Another thing that's kinda annoying is that if you log out within your realms portal keep and log back in you'll get ported out of the BG-zone and end up in your capital city. :idea:

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » May 22, 2019 20:26

Just paid 100g for instant port to Mtk odins (as an alb). Does Genjiro think we are all as rich as eokern or something? Lol crazy

Rector
Alerion Knight

Postby Rector » May 22, 2019 20:43

Well its cheap when you're the only one person that missed the port and 10+ people are waiting and can't start to play just because of you. I think that's the intended situation for that NPC.

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » May 22, 2019 21:20

Well it's a nice idea for 2 years ago. The porters are 3 min timer now and there's no action in the frontiers to warrant a fast port. 10-20g would be more suited and realistic with the times.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » May 22, 2019 23:54

You are told what the fee is and given a chance to decline. As you say, the wait is otherwise not long.

munchies
Myrmidon

Postby munchies » May 23, 2019 07:55

Great news, im happy to see some progress! I love how the changes are much more thought through then the other server, but the frequency of updates cannot be commented on. I hope Uthgard can once rise again, however with the QoL and playerbase from other server i dont see myself switching just yet, but i will try the BG out for sure. Its good to have some options.

However I think theres room to learn on how to attract casuals and reduce timesinks from the voldemort server: tasks, instant ports, harp, faster xp, make albion playable etc.

Keep it up!

PreviousNext

Return to News