fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » May 20, 2019 21:02

Clicking on the doors opens them for enemies :'D

Skurk
Myrmidon

Postby Skurk » May 20, 2019 21:07

fremster wrote:Clicking on the doors opens them for enemies :'D

It sure did :) - But they dont open any more now once you click on them.. and the inner door's couldent be attacked neither with weapons nor rams! . so thanks for opening the store for us :)

holsten-knight
Lion Knight

Postby holsten-knight » May 20, 2019 21:10

yeah, that was appreciated :grin:

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » May 20, 2019 21:19

The doors are behaving correctly now.

holsten-knight wrote:and the patrol at the lake is attacking mobs, so a lot of "guards got killed with 0 enemies near" in guildchat :wink:

Go help your fellow guards! 8)
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » May 20, 2019 22:20

Banael wrote:This is excellent thanks a bunch and it demonstrates that you GMs are still "at it" your fan base thank you.
However I would have rather preferred a 4L2 rr limit ...
or its gonna be quickly unplayable again for the new characters if the rr10's decide to trio/quatuor there...
or is it meant to concentrate the preys for them ?
hope not :)

I'm sorry, I have a hard time playing with people like you. I had a blast soloing...I don't think of myself as "prey" and I got some fun kills on ppl 3-6 realm ranks higher than me. This idea of "high rr players" being unbeatable has been a cancer Uthgard has had for the whole time I've played here...alb sure had it...and in the face of a really potentially fun change...it's freaking all hib talks about...the dreaded high rr mids.

What happened to sitting on the pad talking about what to do better/change...or help build the group up more? Instead of just filling /g with negative vibes and whines?
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » May 21, 2019 06:30

I can honestly say most mids i know will never wait and or dodge a fight untill ras are up. So keep fighting the good fight and have fun 8) I hope to see more people trying it out and ramping up the action ! I enjoy the woodchoppers and the size of this map and its features for the current pop size. If we would all leave solo's alone it could be a great area for that too. :idea:
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » May 21, 2019 07:36

Grahmdal wrote:
Banael wrote:This is excellent thanks a bunch and it demonstrates that you GMs are still "at it" your fan base thank you.
However I would have rather preferred a 4L2 rr limit ...
or its gonna be quickly unplayable again for the new characters if the rr10's decide to trio/quatuor there...
or is it meant to concentrate the preys for them ?
hope not :)

I'm sorry, I have a hard time playing with people like you. I had a blast soloing...I don't think of myself as "prey" and I got some fun kills on ppl 3-6 realm ranks higher than me. This idea of "high rr players" being unbeatable has been a cancer Uthgard has had for the whole time I've played here...alb sure had it...and in the face of a really potentially fun change...it's freaking all hib talks about...the dreaded high rr mids.

What happened to sitting on the pad talking about what to do better/change...or help build the group up more? Instead of just filling /g with negative vibes and whines?

The most ridiculous thing about this is that we have old RAs and it's not as though you can dump a ton of RAs to win a fight. I hate this too, people expecting some environment like a special education class where they'll only be matched with someone of equal or lower RR. Big deal, I was a complete noob when I started on Uthgard1 when I started and through a strange set of circumstances and PvE friendships, I ended up in a pug where most people were rr4 and our pac healer was 2L6 or something. The only groups that had a positive score against us then were Requiem and Realm Joint, all other groups we were beating 60% or more of the time, and that's with new RAs where they actually could dump a ton of RAs.

I was in a Romu battlegroup a few times on Albion just for laughs so I know what you're talking about. These people don't want to challenge themselves, they look for a 1000 excuses before the fight even starts and they have zero problems switching zones after each 150 RPs keeps, even if they're 4fg. I also find their underlying commie narrative funny, there is always a subtle implication that someone being high RR is somehow unfair, as if those people didn't invest time and effort to get those realm ranks. You know, anyone who actually puts any work and effort in to learn and to progress is in the eyes of these nimrods immediately an oppressor.

If more people went out to RvR, they'd have a significantly higher chance to fight people of similar realm rank/skill level and to learn from defeats from more skilled players/groups. They'd eventually get better and enjoy the game more. But hey, it's easier to whine about someone's high RR and quit right away :D. Funniest thing about it all is that the Albs have tremendous RAs to dump with old RAs, even on low rr. Again, ridiculous :).
It is what it is.

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » May 21, 2019 09:27

Pendalith wrote:I can honestly say most mids i know will never wait and or dodge a fight untill ras are up. So keep fighting the good fight and have fun 8) I hope to see more people trying it out and ramping up the action ! I enjoy the woodchoppers and the size of this map and its features for the current pop size. If we would all leave solo's alone it could be a great area for that too. :idea:

Solos won't be left. I ran out 4 times in a row rez sick too to see the character of Enna, some random fat troll with him/her and Holsten. I sat down in front of them. They all knew I was res sick and if they waited, I would have given them an actual fight. Of course none of them wanted this and proceeded to 3 or 2v1 me unbuffed with 1 or 2 skulls res sick (and sitting) a few times.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » May 21, 2019 11:15

kinthos wrote:Solos won't be left. I ran out 4 times in a row rez sick too to see the character of Enna, some random fat troll with him/her and Holsten. I sat down in front of them. They all knew I was res sick and if they waited, I would have given them an actual fight. Of course none of them wanted this and proceeded to 3 or 2v1 me unbuffed with 1 or 2 skulls res sick (and sitting) a few times.

So even with 30 or so players online, people will still try to kill the server? Some people never learn. Killing solo player wont bring out more players. People will just log.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » May 21, 2019 12:11

Just loged in to see the event.
There is a bind stone but no healer. I dont know who is gona have fun there if one wipe means 5min break each time.
On Phoenix they introduced a 3min timer after death for a couple of days and the player numbers in rvr were evaporating.
They put back the no timer settings and ppl started doing RvR again.
Please consider puting a healer. The bind makes no sense and you wont see many ppl there otherwise.
Its 2019, noone wants to play with senseless time sinks just for the sake of having time sinks.

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » May 21, 2019 12:33

pweet wrote:Just loged in to see the event.

"Event" might be the wrong wording here. It's a new Battleground.

pweet wrote:Please consider puting a healer. The bind makes no sense and you wont see many ppl there otherwise.
Its 2019, noone wants to play with senseless time sinks just for the sake of having time sinks.

Let's wait for the Generals and other reinforcements to arrive.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Galandriel4
Myrmidon

Postby Galandriel4 » May 21, 2019 12:34

holsten is bad man. killing people rezzsick

Samirane
Eagle Knight

Postby Samirane » May 21, 2019 13:08

Genjiro wrote:.

maybe you should post this on Facebook too..
Langsam und stetig ernährt sich das Murmeltier

WishYouWereHere

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » May 21, 2019 13:52

Galandriel4 wrote:holsten is bad man. killing people rezzsick

Bad character - no honour - your choice of words is "bad man". Intended sarcasm or not - it loses effect when it's true.

Maybe, IP/purge was down and he wanted to go hide for 30mins. Better to just take the rps and hide like a RR9 wimp.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Bunjip
Myrmidon

Postby Bunjip » May 21, 2019 14:28

kinthos wrote:Solos won't be left. I ran out 4 times in a row rez sick too to see the character of Enna, some random fat troll with him/her and Holsten. I sat down in front of them. They all knew I was res sick and if they waited, I would have given them an actual fight. Of course none of them wanted this and proceeded to 3 or 2v1 me unbuffed with 1 or 2 skulls res sick (and sitting) a few times.

:hammer: as if albs or hibs do any better when they see a solo mid. dont start pointing fingers on a topic that is as old as grey ganking or high rr zergs. it's getting boring.

if it is bg size or fz not that long ago i killed a necro 1v1 on necro mountain and got hunted down not 5 mins after by 4 high rr albs ... half a year ago albs complaind about this behaviour from mids and now they do similar stuff.
generation butthurt ftw..... :gaga:

untill i logged for the night it was interesting fights. solos, small man and up to 6 ppl. for every realm. i am looking forward for more fights even tho i know i have no chance against u @kinthos fx. i dont care i have fun and my neighbours figured tourette moved into this house again... :D

PreviousNext

Return to News