Going Forward

Here you can comment on news articles.
Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Aug 17, 2018 13:27

Dear Players,

We hope you are enjoying the changes that have recently been made to Uthgard. We have also seen great feedback from our loyal players about our recent events and how it helped to progress. Based on that feedback we will bring some more changes that should ease your experience while leveling up. The following changes will be applied to our setup:

Group Bonus Experience
We want to encourage you to build groups and getting into groups easier. There will be a new group bonus depending on how many players are in the group. This bonus stacks with any BAF bonus (Bring a Friend bonus) and will be listed at the same place after a kill. You will see group bonuses of up to +50% XP which will also leverage any other bonuses which come after it.

2 Players5%
3 Players 15%
4 Players 25%
5 Players 35%
6 Players 40%
7 Players 45%
8 Players 50%

The following limitations exist: The bonus considers all players which are not more than 15 levels below the highest player in the group. Also if a player of the group is not in the range of the group (e.g. other zone) this player does not count for the bonus.

Rotating RP bonus for solo/duo/trio
Following the success of our 'Summer Heat' event we have decided to add a permanent zone based RP bonus for solos, duos and trios. The bonus will rotate between zones and will be as following:

+20% realm point bonus in Emain Macha, Odin's Gate or Hadrian's Wall

The zone rotation will take place weekly on a Monday and we will start with Emain Macha as the first selected zone. Use the /bonuses command to check which zone the bonus has.

Between 02:00 CEST and 11:00 CEST that zone will have a doubled bonus of +40% RP.

Outpost Bonus
The bonus around keeps was altered to the following settings:
Keep owned by Realm: +15% XP
Keep owned by Guild: +30% XP

To benefit from the guild bonus around a guild keep at least one member of that guild should be in your group. It is no longer required that the leader of the group is member of the guild. In Battlegrounds the bonus from a claimed keep will reach the whole zone.

Zone Bonuses
We changed the XP bonuses that will apply to certain zones. In parenthesis you see the combined bonus a full group will see in these zones at a minimum.

+25% XP in Darkness Falls (+87.5%)
+25% XP in Frontiers (+87.5%, around realm owned keep +115%, around guild keep +143%)
+30% XP in RvR dungeons (+95%)
+30% XP in Battlegrounds (+95%, around realm owned keep +124%, around guild keep +153%)

We prepared our Battlegrounds in a way that leveling should be possible in there. Mobs in there will drop RoG items.

Bonus to Tasks and Quests
We also change the experience you will see from quests and tasks.

+50% XP to Kill Tasks
+50% XP to Delivery Tasks
+50% XP to Quests

Underpopulation Bonus
Hibernia will see an additional underpopulation bonus of +10% XP which adds to all zones of Hibernia. This is a temporary measure until realms are more equally played.
We will evaluate weekly if it is still required or if another realm is in need.

Run Speed Changes
We will place various Hasteners to enable better movement through zones. There will also be other options of travel in the future.

Recharge Merchants at Border Keeps
Recharge merchants are available in border keeps which will allow you to charge your dropped items.

RvR Stable Masters
The Stable Masters stationed in Realm vs. Realm zones have had their pricing adjusted.

Keep Claims
To claim a keep you will need 4 players in your group instead of 8.

Outlook
There are alot more changes in the queue which we currently discuss and will implement. If you miss a certain change, don't be afraid, it's probably already under discussion. We will monitor your feedback on our new changes and are ready to make adjustments if needed. In the next days the focus will also be on bugfixing sessions for important bugfixes which were open for too long. If you have any important bug(s) you want to see fixed asap, you can push it in the issue tracker by adding a comment and/or vote for it.

As always we want to remind you of the changes made so far for the server to make it more enjoyable for you and we will not stop there:
    • Dot on map for you and your group members
    • Horse routes in RvR zones.
    • Bind in battlegrounds.
    • No realm point penalty while dead for grouped players.
    • Starter guilds joined an alliance, so players in there can communicate with other starter guilds realm wide.
    • Realm transfer shortened from 7 days to 48h.
    • Realm transfer nearly immediate (5 min) if you was not logged in the last 5 days.
    • Reworked Alchemy with multiple charge potions.
    • Auto train removal.
    • Mana Regeneration penalty removed whilst player is sitting.
    • Paladin endurance range increased to 1500 units.
    • Crafted Weapon Lusters available.
    • Hastener Speed of the Realm increased to seven minutes.
    • Determination 3 added to: Paladin, Reaver, Valewalker, Champion and Thane.
    • /xp off has been implemented.

Your Uthgard Staff
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

Jerrian
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jerrian » Aug 17, 2018 13:41

I love it, thx for this 8)

Der_Eisbaer
Eagle Knight

Postby Der_Eisbaer » Aug 17, 2018 13:48

...and this is why free markets are so absolutely superior. 8)

Well done, Blue, you are heading in the right direction.

When it comes to me, you are almost there, in my point of view - and I am saying this as a 45hrs-job father of three with own property to take of - it is now easy enough.

Do not make it too easy! :!:

Just add the improved horse routes as has been several times suggested by me, and please so kind to show so much humility as is necessary to implement the /craftqueue from Phoenix, then in my opinion you are there.

#MUGA and then #KUG! :wink:

MT-Pear
Phoenix Knight

Postby MT-Pear » Aug 17, 2018 13:54

Indeed, very good! Thx staff!

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Aug 17, 2018 13:56

Thanks guys, this is absolutely what we need!
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Synderen
Myrmidon

Postby Synderen » Aug 17, 2018 14:02

Very nice changes indeed.

Just one question according the following:
"- Recharge Merchants at Border Keeps -

Recharge merchants will be available in border keeps which will allow you to charge your dropped items."

Why is it that you dont just allow all items, dropped AND crafted to get recharged by the recharger merchant? For me it makes very little sense that a player crafted item NEEDS to be recharged by an alchemist.. Besides that, it looks promising..

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Aug 17, 2018 14:06

Almost wet my self, this is very very good!!!

Had good action for small man in emain latly. Finaly have to keep an eye open when passing AMG again.

Excalibur93
Myrmidon

Postby Excalibur93 » Aug 17, 2018 14:10

Hello,

i appriciate what the staff is doing to keep the server alive, even if i dont like it personally. But its ok, life is about adapting to changes.

But... this walkspeed increase is not good in my opinion. It changes the whole feeling of the game. its like a world on drugs. everything moves faster.... mobs, npc... this just feels wrong. sure, i can understand the need of players to get anywhere faster then its designed for this game. But then maybe more horses or more hastners?

because this "everything moves faster" destroys in my opinion a big part of the athmosphere, the game has.

Just my feeling, but ofc im only one person and on top of that really sad seeing Daoc moving away from what it was and what i loved. Anyway, a big thank you for the staff giving all to make Daoc still possible for us.

Excalibur93
Belgarius Paladin Lvl 50
Beldar Cleric Lvl 50
Bevier Friar Lvl 50
Thyrian Wizard Lvl 50
Beldien Theurg Lvl 50
Belmakos Sorcerer Lvl 50
Kalten Scout Lvl 50
Belgaren Infiltrator Lvl 50
Platime Reaver Lvl 34
Belardion Necromancer Lvl 50
Beldaran Mincer Lvl 50
Beldurnik Armsman Lvl 50
Belodur Mercenary Lvl 50
Belordion Cabalist Lvl 50

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Aug 17, 2018 14:14

Also forgot to add, nice pace on the updates

Have to give credit when its good too, not only when im not happy :)

ArturHCL
Guardian

Postby ArturHCL » Aug 17, 2018 14:19

Kill Tasks are now - 50 % xp instead of + 50 % xp. Just tested with a 15 Sorcerer

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Aug 17, 2018 14:28

ArturHCL wrote:Kill Tasks are now - 50 % xp instead of + 50 % xp. Just tested with a 15 Sorcerer

Ooops 8O :lol:
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

Icp
Gryphon Knight

Postby Icp » Aug 17, 2018 14:31

Thnx for the changes, i think uthgard is moving into a good direction.

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Aug 17, 2018 14:43

Excalibur93 wrote:Hello,

i appriciate what the staff is doing to keep the server alive, even if i dont like it personally. But its ok, life is about adapting to changes.

But... this walkspeed increase is not good in my opinion. It changes the whole feeling of the game. its like a world on drugs. everything moves faster.... mobs, npc... this just feels wrong. sure, i can understand the need of players to get anywhere faster then its designed for this game. But then maybe more horses or more hastners?

because this "everything moves faster" destroys in my opinion a big part of the athmosphere, the game has.

Just my feeling, but ofc im only one person and on top of that really sad seeing Daoc moving away from what it was and what i loved. Anyway, a big thank you for the staff giving all to make Daoc still possible for us.

Excalibur93

Rather than holding down forward, tap the button instead, this will slow you down and give you the experience you want again. Don't mind the slight feeling of nausea this may build, it will subside.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Rector
Alerion Knight

Postby Rector » Aug 17, 2018 15:08

All good changes, thank you staff!

.. hope to see "additional teleporter NPC from main city to housing bindpoints" on that list some day!

And one more thing:
You should unsticky all old threads in this forum, that are related only to Uth1.

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Aug 17, 2018 15:14

Is the original exp line unaltered and all bonusses are added in separate lines in the chat/log file?

I ask this in concern of how log parsers are written to interpret exp gained and monster level detection.
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Next

Return to News