Going Forward

Here you can comment on news articles.
Juri
Eagle Knight

Postby Juri » Aug 17, 2018 20:53

GreenP wrote:
Celteen wrote:Nice thx, still need an alchi to recharge my dd and AF charges :(

Do you even have time for such things !!! You need to lvlup lvlup lvlup 20 classes because of the bonuses big time!

I'M DYING :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oldman01
Guardian

Postby Oldman01 » Aug 17, 2018 22:01

Grahmdal wrote:
djibouti wrote:I very much like these changes. I think they would be perfect if our population was higher.

Right now during my timezone's primetime (EST) there are generally around 20 people not anon in my realm. I would really like to see a general xp increase. This will probably cause physical pain to a lot of people on this server but I feel very strongly there needs to be a general, permanent xp increase of 25%. And until population recovers, I would really like to see that at 50% (without group).

Simply put, right now I cannot group with anyone to take advantage of the xp increases discussed here. I can only speak for myself but I do not have incentive at the moment to play without being able to group. The solo xp rate is atrocious. If we're all being honest, the changes discussed here are what was needed 5 months ago when there was still population. This is the cart before the horse - we need numbers.

I get what you're saying, however I fundamentally agree with group XP being the quickest and best way to level. I think it would be hard to draw a line where solo XP should be increased, at the cost of players not even trying to build groups. The balancing mechanic IMO, is that if it's low population, it's much safer to kill mobs in frontiers/near keeps for the bonus, that combined with 9 charge potions makes leveling solo pretty bearable to me.

Anyway, loving the changes, thanks for all the work everybody has been putting into the server!

As djibouti says though, it really doesnt matter whether we agree with the principle that group levelling should be faster (yes of course it should), when that option doesnt exist due to the population.

Unless changes attract enough players back to group up, it will be a catch 22 situation. Someone will come back, try (and fail) to get or build a group, try solo, realise XP bar is just not moving enough to be fun, log back out and occasionally check the forum for news.

I really want Uth2 to survive and the changes made are good and well thought out - but we need something to get enough people in to make grouping practical.

Wakanidoo
Myrmidon

Postby Wakanidoo » Aug 17, 2018 22:36

Oldman01 wrote:
Grahmdal wrote:
djibouti wrote:I very much like these changes. I think they would be perfect if our population was higher.

Right now during my timezone's primetime (EST) there are generally around 20 people not anon in my realm. I would really like to see a general xp increase. This will probably cause physical pain to a lot of people on this server but I feel very strongly there needs to be a general, permanent xp increase of 25%. And until population recovers, I would really like to see that at 50% (without group).

Simply put, right now I cannot group with anyone to take advantage of the xp increases discussed here. I can only speak for myself but I do not have incentive at the moment to play without being able to group. The solo xp rate is atrocious. If we're all being honest, the changes discussed here are what was needed 5 months ago when there was still population. This is the cart before the horse - we need numbers.

I get what you're saying, however I fundamentally agree with group XP being the quickest and best way to level. I think it would be hard to draw a line where solo XP should be increased, at the cost of players not even trying to build groups. The balancing mechanic IMO, is that if it's low population, it's much safer to kill mobs in frontiers/near keeps for the bonus, that combined with 9 charge potions makes leveling solo pretty bearable to me.

Anyway, loving the changes, thanks for all the work everybody has been putting into the server!

As djibouti says though, it really doesnt matter whether we agree with the principle that group levelling should be faster (yes of course it should), when that option doesnt exist due to the population.

Unless changes attract enough players back to group up, it will be a catch 22 situation. Someone will come back, try (and fail) to get or build a group, try solo, realise XP bar is just not moving enough to be fun, log back out and occasionally check the forum for news.

I really want Uth2 to survive and the changes made are good and well thought out - but we need something to get enough people in to make grouping practical.

A minimal change will help XP for every players (group or solo): increase the number of mobs in certains area who are very poor, reduce the speed of drop of bonus camp, increase the respawn rate of mobs.
By example, killing werewolf skulker in Skona Ravine ( max 6 pop at the same time ), killing them the bonus camp quickly falls to zero, after killing about 25 - 30 of them, the respawn become long, sometime very long, more than 15 min without mobs.
We spend a lot more time waiting on your ass than making XP.
And I dont speak about items drop for salvage to help crafters by salvaging and help players to get more coins: almost no drop in the whole game. And please remove of the game these non-stackable items who have almost no value (ex: sun pendant from Sidhe Draoi still in Skona Ravine).

Thanks for your job.
We are here to help *you*
Alcyon: UK; Abydos: US; Baldrug: DE; Blue: DE; Cirdan: US; Crucible: US; Decidon: US;
Genjiro: DE; Gnome: US; Juna: DE; Nayru: DE; Trishin: UK; Rajnish: US

The Uthgard Staff are always here!

djibouti
Myrmidon

Postby djibouti » Aug 17, 2018 23:18

I do want to temper some of my comments earlier. I appreciate these changes and all the work that has gone into Uth2. I'm far too flawed to be dispensing any advice. I'm just a dude that really wants to play SI in all three realms with people.

munchies
Myrmidon

Postby munchies » Aug 17, 2018 23:42

Looks good! Now we need some nice strategy to get lots of people on board. Maybe PvE and RvR events?

Also, probably already voted for or agains internally, but i think some areas of improvement:

- Make Rechargers recharge crafted items also. The argument about the alchy loosing profit stream is not valid, since recharger is 10g per charge, alchy is 4g. But at the moment i had to wait weeks until i got my items recharged, since i didnt manage to find any alchys.

- Port timers. I think it should be instant and the custom port to different areas + Innis, Yarley etc. I know that RvR might get out of hand with big population, but at the moment when you have so few groups running, then waiting for port is just actionkiller.

- Craftque

Overall i think the XP and RP issue is now solved. Now we need to think about the timesink. And then how to get everybody on board.

Good luck!

Wakanidoo
Myrmidon

Postby Wakanidoo » Aug 17, 2018 23:57

munchies wrote:Looks good! Now we need some nice strategy to get lots of people on board. Maybe PvE and RvR events?

Also, probably already voted for or agains internally, but i think some areas of improvement:

- Make Rechargers recharge crafted items also. The argument about the alchy loosing profit stream is not valid, since recharger is 10g per charge, alchy is 4g. But at the moment i had to wait weeks until i got my items recharged, since i didnt manage to find any alchys.

- Port timers. I think it should be instant and the custom port to different areas + Innis, Yarley etc. I know that RvR might get out of hand with big population, but at the moment when you have so few groups running, then waiting for port is just actionkiller.

- Craftque

Overall i think the XP and RP issue is now solved. Now we need to think about the timesink. And then how to get everybody on board.

Good luck!

To extend the wish for porters, the starting guilds Alliance was a very nice add, but why not add porters between the starting towns to help the news players to groupe more fastly? Not speaking about the fact that a new player has no money to buy a horse ticket... (Town near Capital as Costwold, Mag Mell, Mularn or Vasudheim dont need a porter, one in the capital would be enough, and this last one would permit port to frontier keeps [DC, DL, CS, Snowdonia, Svasud, VF] and housing!).

My 2 cents :-P
We are here to help *you*
Alcyon: UK; Abydos: US; Baldrug: DE; Blue: DE; Cirdan: US; Crucible: US; Decidon: US;
Genjiro: DE; Gnome: US; Juna: DE; Nayru: DE; Trishin: UK; Rajnish: US

The Uthgard Staff are always here!

burglekutt
Gryphon Knight

Postby burglekutt » Aug 18, 2018 01:18

This isn't good enough, this server needs rvr balance changes or it is never going to recover.

Norselaw
Warder

Postby Norselaw » Aug 18, 2018 01:31

These changes are amazing Staff....thank you!!

I am excited to see so many positive changes for the server! The changes to not only boost xp but clarify the system itself...very well done.

I love the incentive to encourage solo and small man rvr. The changes to realm speed duration will help tremendously. The only thing I can think of to make it better would be allowing solo, duo, and trio the option to port to the keep closest to their border keep (assuming their realm has control of it). Example in Midgard you could port to Fensalir or from Vindsaul port to Arvakr.

I also love the cosmetic changes allowing crafted weapon enamel. Everyone likes to look good while slaughtering their enemies. 8)

On that note...how about bring back Uthalis and a reskin merchant? I loved doing the events and saving for those even though I barely got any. Possibly offer a bounty point to Uthalis conversion.

Brainstorming about this game we all love is fun to me, thanks for listening to your community and keep up the good work...
/salute

burglekutt
Gryphon Knight

Postby burglekutt » Aug 18, 2018 01:52

Yeah let's all get 50 faster so we can just go get farmed in rvr by bug abusers, sounds great! Implement some RVR balance ffs. You can start with broken ass sos.

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Aug 18, 2018 01:54

burglekutt wrote:Yeah let's all get 50 faster so we can just go get farmed in rvr bug bug abusers, sounds great! Implement some RVR balance ffs. You can start with broken ass sos.

We will address bugs in the next wave of changes. If you have anything you see as very important just mention the issue #.
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Aug 18, 2018 05:50

Blue wrote:
burglekutt wrote:Yeah let's all get 50 faster so we can just go get farmed in rvr bug bug abusers, sounds great! Implement some RVR balance ffs. You can start with broken ass sos.

We will address bugs in the next wave of changes. If you have anything you see as very important just mention the issue #.

Old RAs as a whole are one big, stupid, imbalanced bug. They make fights annoying for the best groups, and for average and bad players they are even worse. Old RAs combined with very slow heals are literally the kiss of death and the reason behind various 3 healer/5x naturalist groups. I know you're smarter than this, but I often think some of the staff members have some dirty info on you or something like that and are blackmailing you in a subtle way. My advice to you is to run this in a way more dictatorial way, especially internally.
It is what it is.

Xab
INVADER

Postby Xab » Aug 18, 2018 08:17

Thanks for this changes. I appreciate it very much. I hope group xping will become more comfortable and more ppl want to build groups. The zone-bonuses are quite interesting too.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Aug 18, 2018 08:22

Valfar wrote:
Blue wrote:

Old RAs as a whole are one big, stupid, imbalanced bug. They make fights annoying for the best groups, and for average and bad players they are even worse. Old RAs combined with very slow heals are literally the kiss of death and the reason behind various 3 healer/5x naturalist groups. I know you're smarter than this, but I often think some of the staff members have some dirty info on you or something like that and are blackmailing you in a subtle way. My advice to you is to run this in a way more dictatorial way, especially internally.

Please stop this kind of comments.

All of these changes are made by the staff and were discussed by all of us and the council.

Yes - all staff members. We were behaving in the past through a ruleset / vision that said 1.65 strictly, that veil has been lifted and now you will see what the staff really wanted to do. This is not the work of Blue coming in as your savior, this is the work of all of us.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

munchies
Myrmidon

Postby munchies » Aug 18, 2018 08:50

IMHO Old RA is what Balances the server. Do you really want the 5 natty/3x healer group have purges etc up every fight? We didnt have problem fighting big groups from RR4-RR5, ofcourse it was tougher, but totally doable. Also there are several zones for RvR and tbh there's no way to balance RvR between super skilled 8men and casuals. I think the skilled 8men would win even without using any RA's. That's just life.

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Aug 18, 2018 08:54

All of these changes are made by the staff and were discussed by all of us and the council.

Yes - all staff members. We were behaving in the past through a ruleset / vision that said 1.65 strictly, that veil has been lifted and now you will see what the staff really wanted to do. This is not the work of Blue coming in as your savior, this is the work of all of us.

I don't see what you really wanted to do. I was and always be loyal to Uthgard, but please don't insult my intelligence or anyone's who has an IQ over 50 with this "This is what we always wanted" stuff. You had a monopoly and you tried to create some super hardcore 1.65 which crumbled as soon as another shard appeared. I don't need anyone to be my savior because I never wanted any changes, other than tiny QOL like faster travels and potions with more charges. New RAs I would like, but I'm not hoping for them or expecting them. I have chosen to play here so I've accepted the rules and that's fine. Just don't try to tell me this was planned all along, it's clearly a reaction to competition(which is ok and is your right, but it's hilarious when you try to make it out to be something that it's not). It's also funny and hilarious that in this player council you have people who are not capable of simple DAOC PVE, let alone something more complicated and they have no clue about the game mechanics.

Do what you want, it's your server and it's cool but no need to say stuff nobody can buy at this point. I understand you're swamped with requests and many of them are not written in a friendly manner and they often come from players who have not been here for long or put in any serious effort. Hell, even if all the requests were well argumented and reasonable, it would still be a chore to actually read them all and consider them. So yeah, I understand it's not easy to make all the right choices all the time and you can never make everyone happy. That being said, since 2011. when I started, you've also been very arrogant to many players who were valuable parts of the community and who had reasonable requests based in reality. So next time just say blatantly: "We're a bunch of amateur/pro game developers, it is our goal to recreate a certain patch level to the best of our ability and see if we can do it. If people like it, cool. If not, we're sorry but our primary goal is to test our abilities, not to make everyone happy". It's a lot more fair than claiming you want to create a server with long term stability and listen to the players etc. Hell, even on uthgard1 you weren't willing to meet players half way and make potions with 9 or 10 charges after removing barrels. Then after claiming for years there would never ever be a wipe and even 2 weeks prior to wipe Abydos claiming this on IRC and on forums(he probably deleted those responses by now), you wiped the server because people went to Genesis, instead of just weathering the storm.
Last edited by Valfar on Aug 18, 2018 09:26, edited 2 times in total.
It is what it is.

PreviousNext

Return to News